Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why is Federer weaker than Djokovic?

• 14-07-2019 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Federer is arguably the second best maybe on par with Rafa Nadal but it seems that Djokovic beats them all. Why is that?

I heard he really was only number 1 in the noughties because the ATP had weaker players than it currently does so he had less competition.

Today I imagine that Djokovic will win as he has in many meeting and I think Djokovic may become slightly better than him assuming he can still play into his late 30s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,555 ✭✭✭✭walshb

They’re neck and neck.

Completely different styles.

On any given day they beat each other..prime to prime..FO 2011 and SW19 2012..

I don’t think there is any real clarity in separating them..

Many of their slam matches were very close..

Fed for me is the greatest tennis talent ever. Clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I've said for a number of years that Federer and Djokovic are the two greatest men's tennis players. Nadal best on clay obviously but in all time lists falls short. Whatever slam count they all end up with won't change my position.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭noubliezjamais

I've said for a number of years that Federer and Djokovic are the two greatest men's tennis players. Nadal best on clay obviously but in all time lists falls short. Whatever slam count they all end up with won't change my position.

The thing is though, I believe that Djokovic will catch up. Assuming he can play for years then I think he may overtake Federer. Djoker has had a slightly better record against the "big 3", Murray, Nadal, and Federer

I still think Fed better than Nole overall

All sets: Federer, 72–70....

50- 70 v Nadal

Nole - Nadal is 74-67

Nobody clear!

Up until around end of 2015 they were circa 20 wins each against each other....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭noubliezjamais

walshb wrote: »
    Up until around end of 2015 they were circa 20 wins each against each other....

Yea, it's a shame. I truly think that Djokovic will regret not winning consecutive slams in 2015. Wawrinka beat him in the French Open though.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

.... Nadal best on clay obviously but in all time lists falls short..... .

in my mind Djokovic is a better tennis player than Nadal, or equivalent at least, but I don't really get this clay bashing when Nadal gets talked about. Probably half the worlds tennis players learn to play on clay, and it fills out a good chunk of the ATP calender, btween 500,, 1000 and the FO. being the most dominant player for 12 years on one of the worlds most popular surface is in fact much more of a feat than dominating on grass, which no one plays on for more that three weeks a year, and it is no-ones favourite surface.

Advertisement