Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-06-2019, 20:56   #76
ShauntaMetzel

I love rain if it doesn't create any problem for people. I also love the sunshine of winter, evenings of summer and greenery of spring.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-07-2019, 14:17   #77
Graces7

confused in my old age; it is summer? or have i overslept massively....
Thanks from:
07-11-2019, 22:01   #78
Grid.

Mod: TLGH
15-11-2019, 00:31   #79
Deja Boo

(4) thanks from:
11-12-2019, 13:05   #80
Moomoomacshoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Home View Post
Thought that was a snake for a minute.
Love the crisp evenings, that winter smell, an open fire..bliss!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-12-2019, 11:06   #81
miamee

I'm loving the crisp winter days we've been having recently so nice (despite the freezing cold).
03-01-2020, 11:43   #82
Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I've come to realisation that autumn/winter is my favourite time of year too. Autumn and winter is so consistent (clothing-wise). I know I'll probably need boots and a coat in case it rains or it's cold. After growing up, waiting for summer, and the idea that summer is "the best time of year" - I realise it's not, at least for me.

The summers are so inconsistent. In summer. it's really hard predict with accuracy the right clothing to wear. Last summer I didn't even buy summer clothes aside from what I knew I would use in a predictably hot/sunny climate on holidays.

What I actually love about autumn is how beautiful it is. There's something magical about the changing of seasons. The colours are beautiful. It's not a time to pretend it could be warm a wear a t-shirt or leave without a coat. Nope. And I actualy love feeling prepared to go outside in the winter - nice warm coat, scarf, hat etc. Nothing better than defying the elements by preparting for the cold. I laugh at people that get stuck cold outside. OK, once, maybe. But we live a in a time where we have real-time weather delivered to our smart phones constantly. Weather apps, internet etc etc. There's really only poor excuses to be caught out cold in modern times.

I also love being in the city centre at say 18:00. It feels late because it's dark but it's not. Love the lights at night too.

Come the end of the winter, I'll be romanticizing the summer again. Because, essentially, too much of one thing can be depressing. Summer, will give me longer hours of natural light to shoot video and photography. So my hobbies are a little seasonal. But I like that.
09-01-2020, 10:45   #83
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid. View Post
That's beautiful! Need to use it as a screensaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamee View Post
I'm loving the crisp winter days we've been having recently so nice (despite the freezing cold).
Cold crisp winter days are just the best. Something so calming and peaceful about them.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion