Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nm wrote: »
    July 11th and 12th, RDS, according to @McCarthyMick on twitter

Ah would have prefered one somewhere different

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

One of my still have to see list.
    Back to the ticket fund it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

blastman wrote: »
    Not as happy as the aul fella, I'd say :)

Haha very true!

He doesn't have the early morning queue-dedication that I have though :P

Those dates are exactly the same dates from 2009, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

I'd be very surprised if it's not earlier (May?) tbh.

ETA: Also, the 11th and 12th is a Wednesday and Thursday...it'd be the weekend, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if it's not earlier (May?) tbh.

ETA: Also, the 11th and 12th is a Wednesday and Thursday...it'd be the weekend, surely.

My bet would be for around the times of the UK shows (for logistical purposes). Maybe a couple of days before Sunderland (21 June) or less likely (cos there are a few big gigs in Dublin that week) a few days after Isle of Wight (24 June). Or in or around Hyde Park (15 July).

• Advertisement

Well hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Hyde Park is definitely on my list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

My bet would be for around the times of the UK shows (for logistical purposes). Maybe a couple of days before Sunderland (21 June) or less likely (cos there are a few big gigs in Dublin that week) a few days after Isle of Wight (24 June). Or in or around Hyde Park (15 July).

hmmmm - did he use his own stage for HP last time?

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    hmmmm - did he use his own stage for HP last time?

Good spot - he didn't ("I need a f*ing elevator"). So my money's on 18/19 June.

Good spot - he didn't ("I need a f*ing elevator"). So my money's on 18/19 June.

A Monday and a Tuesday? Can't see it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

From the thread in the Music forum

The Boss will hit Irish shores on July 11 and 12 at Dublin's RDS.

Source: http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/springsteen-to-tour-new-album-in-europe-and-us-529175.html#ixzz1eLVEdRT3

• Advertisement

UK tkts £55, for his stand-alone gigs anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭8mv

Damn - I suppose this means tickets will be on sale early Dec. - not a good time for those of us with kids and christmas coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

8mv wrote: »
    Damn - I suppose this means tickets will be on sale early Dec. - not a good time for those of us with kids and christmas coming.

get the kids to buy you the ticket :)

A Monday and a Tuesday? Can't see it myself.

Why not? He doesn't just work weekends. He played Hampden Park in 2009on a Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Saw him in Munich in 2009 and that was on a Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

That Bruce article on BreakingNews.ie now has those July dates removed...

I hope if he does play , its kinda like Hard Rock Calling with a few bands playing on the day .

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I hope it's a bit earlier than July.

Can't wait! :D

Think id rather go to IOW or HRC then Dublin due to you will get bands before Bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

WoooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

My heart is going 90 just thinking about it!! Have to make it to both nights if he does 2!! :) I had a plan made up ages ago about tickets, A little fund I put together for when these gigs happened!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Saw him in Munich in 2009 and that was on a Thursday :)

I was at that Munich gig as well. It was f***ing AWESOME! :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

Why not? He doesn't just work weekends. He played Hampden Park in 2009on a Tuesday.

Well I guess I'm going on the past few years in Dublin.

I know he doesn't just work weekends, thanks.

Well I guess I'm going on the past few years in Dublin.

I know he doesn't just work weekends, thanks.

Thurs 2008 was the easiest pit access ever. Reason - fewer out-of-towners.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

More EU dates according this article http://www.barleyarts.com/News/1/5/7503/e-ufficiale-gioved-7-10-e-11-giugno-il-boss-torna-in-italia

For those who don't understand italian, it says The Boss returns to Italy in June. Dates and venues are Milan (San Siro) on 7th, Florence on 10th and Trieste on 11th of June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 henrik51

It will be Croke Park, I was told 2 months ago but was sworn to secrecy. It is Croker in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Agh, really hope it isn't Slane to be honest. I like something a bit smaller.
    Please not the RDS though, the sound is something shocking in there.

I thought the sound in the RDS has improved since they put the seating on either side of the pitch?

henrik51 wrote: »
    It will be Croke Park, I was told 2 months ago but was sworn to secrecy. It is Croker in July.

Are you sure? Usually we only have 3 Croke Park dates a year . Could he be totally ruled out of Oxegen/TITP? Since they there are no Irish or Scottish dates yet.

Obviously it prob would never happen , but it would be a massive booking even bigger then Beyonce imo (even though she was a big booking by MCD) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 henrik51

I was told that the deal was done and they were just finalising the small print. I asked the source was it true and he told me 100 per cent. Now that the tour is announced I am presuming what I was told is true. He told me to keep it to myself but I presume it will be announced sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Is it possible that they might wait until the dates for our matches in the Euros are announced? If it's on during June then I'd question whether they'd be able to sell it out. I know it's Bruce and all that but I reckon the country will go mad for the few weeks we're in the tournament.

The fixtures are announced next Friday. Depending on our draw we could be playing on any day from the 7th to the 20th.

I think that a July gig might be more likely especially as he'll be in Hyde Park then and the Chilis are playing late June as well anyway.

I dunno I could be completely wrong either.

• Advertisement

Hope it's RDS, sound was fine from the pit as far as i remember, maybe one bad night in 2008....
    Croker's horrible for a gig (much too big), although I've never been right up front so could be ok there.
    Will probably do Manchester and Paris anyway.

Advertisement