Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭highdef

Gale force winds blowing in Lucan. House alarms going offand I just heard an almighty crash of done thing in one of my neighbours gardens getting knocked over. Big branch down on entrance to my street. This wasn't forecasted.
    Something very unusual and local happened if you had gale force winds, never mind gusts. I'm about 20km West of Lucan and was in the garden until a little after 8pm yesterday evening and there was nothing more than a breeze, similar to what I'm experiencing out on a walk this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Bright,breezy with some lovely sunshine in Arklow so far this morning
    Currently 16.2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

The rainfall radar and forecast are completely at odds with each other on Met Éireann. So useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

MidMan25 wrote: »
    The rainfall radar and forecast are completely at odds with each other on Met Éireann. So useful.

Are they? They're not mirrors but I don't think they're too far disagreeing. Rains a little ahead of itself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very mild morning here, warmest morning of the spell so far at 19C. Sadly this could be the last time we feel temperatures like this till next May or June!

• Advertisement

Sky is very thundery looking in Arklow
    Lots of altocumulus and plenty of building cb activity
    I think we could have some action this evening locally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another beautiful cloudless day in Letterkenny, a rare occasion this year where we've gotten the best of the weather these past couple of days

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still mostly sunny here in Meath, starting to pick up quite a breeze. Going for a walk soon while the sun is still there to get the last bit of warmth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Gonzo wrote: »
    very mild morning here, warmest morning of the spell so far at 19C. Sadly this could be the last time we feel temperatures like this till next May or June!

If 2020 is anything like a repeat of 2019, then these temperatures could be with us again next March/April.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Honestly, one of the nicest periods I’ve seen all year and maybe even the nicest although second half of February, last week of March and Easter were very good too. So much unbroken sunshine since Monday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Status Yellow - Thunder warning for Leinster, Monaghan and Waterford
    Localised thunderstorms are expected today and for a time tonight which will bring short duration heavy rainfall and the risk of spot flooding.

Valid: Saturday 21 September 2019 11:00 to Sunday 22 September 2019 03:00

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Honestly, one of the nicest periods I’ve seen all year and maybe even the nicest although second half of February, last week of March and Easter were very good too. So much unbroken sunshine since Monday evening.
    Apart from a brief interruption on Sunday it had been largely unbroken sunshine in the south for the last 10 days. All change today though. Overcast damp weather here since daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Apart from a brief interruption on Sunday it had been largely unbroken sunshine in the south for the last 10 days. All change today though. Overcast damp weather here since daylight.
    Looking at Cork Airport totals, it looks to me that you have nearly hit your average September monthly sunshine total with 121.7 hrs up to yesterday, that's just under twice what you had in the whole of September 2016. Another 10 days to add but Rosslare has had 219.5 hrs of sun in September before (1959) so far from a very sunny September but sunnier than average up to this point at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Was a beautiful week in cork city but has now turned wet and cloudy with rain/ drizzle since this morning. Back to the norm!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

wild and still dry out here. west mayo offshore. rain will be welcome as the wind is warm and drying. heavy cloud cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Nice and sunny here still but after a mostly sunny morning it's now mostly cloudy. It's 19.9C. Could have the last 20 of the year soon if the sun manages to stay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Just reached 20.0C here in continued sunshine. Doesn't seem as cloudy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Just drove from Carlow to Blanchardstown. Carlow had torrential rain, thunder & Lightening. It is lovely in Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Knine wrote: »
    Just drove from Carlow to Blanchardstown. Carlow had torrential rain, thunder & Lightening. It is lovely in Blanchardstown.

Just seen on news online re lightning strikes and power cuts....south east..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Graces7 wrote: »
    Just seen on news online re lightning strikes and power cuts....south east..

The rain on the M9 was the worst I have ever seen & still people driving with no lights :eek:

• Advertisement

Steady normal warm rain now in Arklow
    Doesn't look like it's going to do much
    Nearly forgot what it was!

Currently 19c

showers avoiding me all afternoon, some sun at times and rather warm, currently 19C after reaching 20C earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The rain has arrived in Castlebar after a overcast but mild start to the day, we had a lovely 4 day spell though up to today so it is not all bad.

all I can hear is the sound of lawnmowers, strimmers and clippers throughout the area, everyone rushing to get the gardening done before the rain.

temperatures today across Europe really beginning to show the approach of mid Autumn. Aside from France and Southern half of UK, everywhere else has cooled down significantly, including many parts of Spain. Northern Scandinavia into eastern Europe and Russia also cooling down quickly. Will be interesting to see how much northern Europe cools down this week with much cooler weather on the way for much of north-western Europe.

temp_eur2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Heavy thundery downpour just now and currently ongoing in cork city, heaviest of the day.

Heavy thundery downpour just now and currently ongoing in cork city, heaviest of the day.

Yep same here at present. The recent fine spell of weather already seems like a fading memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭highdef

Is there much thunder or just the odd rumble?

Very wet in Arklow now also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

highdef wrote: »
    Is there much thunder or just the odd rumble?

I didn’t hear any thunder in the city & there’s no strikes showing

Advertisement