Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Chems are a great shout or add aphex twin to that

Must have watched their Glasto ‘19 set 10 times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭RINO87

I was very disappointed that neither ATN or EP booked Snapped Ankles for 2019.

Surely a shoe in for 2020:

They played at it takes a village in Trabolgan in May. Cracking show. Great little festival too so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭RINO87

Don't aim for Portlaw. Go through Waterford, out the Cork road to Kilmacthomas and under the viaduct and along that road to the red gate. Anyone I know who did this had no hassle.

We were coming from the Cork side and went thru Kilmacthomas, approached red gate in no time but when we were there a Gard asked to see our tickets (general camping) and said we had to go to Blue, this was about the time reports of congestion at blue were coming in, so were apprehensive. He sent us up passed red on a road that appeared to be closed, we met no traffic at all. Joined a dirt track into Blue and were parked in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Right expectations for next year. Trying to think of acts that would usually be associated with Aiken since there involvement will grow next year on the booking end blah blah

Wish list that is realistic;
    IDLES, Girlband, nick cave, khruangbin, deerhunter, cat le Bon, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Ezra collective, king gizzard

Sure get FJM back - I would listen to that man everyday of the week

I didn't see this level of rock acts at this years fest. Would be a welcome change

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bulbymc

Any caravan pass tickets for sale???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Anybody know if Tangerine fields are doing the boutique camping again? They had a mare this year so just wondered if they may have pulled out for 2020? Nothing about atn on their website so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭deeks

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Anybody know if Tangerine fields are doing the boutique camping again? They had a mare this year so just wondered if they may have pulled out for 2020? Nothing about atn on their website so far.

I was keeping an eye on the Tangerine Fields website to see when they went on sale and up until about a week ago All Together Now 2020 was shown as "Coming Soon" but the website seems to have undergone a total revamp in the last few days and there's on mention of it anymore. Interesting.

deeks wrote: »
    I was keeping an eye on the Tangerine Fields website to see when they went on sale and up until about a week ago All Together Now 2020 was shown as "Coming Soon" but the website seems to have undergone a total revamp in the last few days and there's on mention of it anymore. Interesting.

Yes I noticed that too. No mention of atn2020 now. We managed to get half our payment back from them for this year so I wondered if they are backing out as they took such a bit hit. It was a disaster in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Yes I noticed that too. No mention of atn2020 now. We managed to get half our payment back from them for this year so I wondered if they are backing out as they took such a bit hit. It was a disaster in fairness.

How and for what reason did you get half the money back from them (if you don't mind me asking)? Just curious, as we queued for ages but didn't think we'd be entitled to anything back due to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I wonder how ticket sales are going everything is gone quiet here and on social media ,anyone hear any rumours of who might get announced ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I wonder how ticket sales are going everything is gone quiet here and on social media ,anyone hear any rumours of who might get announced ?

Sinéad O Connor, The Chemical Brothers & Enya for the 3 headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

very few European festivals have announced acts for next summer, so it's hard to tell who'll be around and touring.

I believe Caribou have a new album out, could imagine them being booked.
    Bon Iver touring next year, and playing the 3Arena here in May, but not with MCD/Live Nation, and has played for POD a few times previously, so could well be a headliner if in Europe later in the summer.
    Nick Cave will presumably be touring next year with a new album out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Pavement playing Primavera Porto next year. I can get a ticket, flights and a nice little apartment up the road for well under what I paid for ATN and Podpads last year. As I said, they're going to have to work for my custom this year. I'm sure they could give a damn about my custom. All I mean is that is that I'm not blindly handing over wads of cash after the issues last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Porto is on my watchlist too - hoping the first acts they announced aren't an indication for the rest of the lineup :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

So as Glastonbury is a non runner now following yesterday's sale..looking at ATN now as an alternative.

Have been to both B&S and EP a few times so looking for something new.

People who've been in the last couple of years..would they recommend it? What's the good/bad points in your view?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

So as Glastonbury is a non runner now following yesterday's sale..looking at ATN now as an alternative.

People who've been in the last couple of years..would they recommend it? What's the good/bad points in your view?

If you are travelling from Dublin, you would need to leave now in order to get camped up in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'd highly recommend it. It's in a beautiful location in Curraghmore House, the festival site itself is well decorated and lots of art installations and areas to explore (maybe not quite to the level of EP or Body & Soul). The atmosphere and crowd at it is one of its best selling points, a much more mature crowd than you would get at any Picnic of the last few years and most people in attendance seem to be genuinely there for the music.

The lineup has been good both years and I have trust in them to provide another great lineup again this year. One of the best things about it is there is no chance of them booking the pop-py acts that have been increasing at EP every year, there is no fear of the Coronas, Picture This, Kodaline etc turning up at ATN. Good mix of guitar based music and electronic music.

Last year there were massive mistakes made in terms of organisation, mainly around the traffic debacle, which left a sour taste in the mouth of many. They have already stated they are not expanding in 2020 as a result and I would guess they will do everything in their power to ensure next year runs smoothly as a repeat would probably indicate the end of the festival. It will be the first festival I buy tickets for I would imagine, and 2018 was up there with the best festivals I've ever been to. Great festival, great crowd, lots of potential - I would say if you have enjoyed EP & Body & Soul in the past then you will definitely enjoy ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

The lineup has been good both years and I have trust in them to provide another great lineup again this year. One of the best things about it is there is no chance of them booking the pop-py acts that have been increasing at EP every year, there is no fear of the Coronas, Picture This, Kodaline etc turning up at ATN. Good mix of guitar based music and electronic music.

I didn't go last year so didn't experience traffic and crowding but from first year only real negative is there was only an act i wanted to see every now and then where as at EP it can be non stop must-sees from 2pm-1am Saturday and Sunday. Though it can be a nice change of pace to EP where it felt like was barely able to get 30mins during the day to have a can at the tent or was missing an act.

showpony1 wrote: »
    I didn't go last year so didn't experience traffic and crowding but from first year only real negative is there was only an act i wanted to see every now and then where as at EP it can be non stop must-sees from 2pm-1am Saturday and Sunday. Though it can be a nice change of pace to EP where it felt like was barely able to get 30mins during the day to have a can at the tent or was missing an act.

That is subjective though. For me in 2018, there was plenty I wanted to see and was kept busy throughout the weekend. Same in 2019.

If the line up appeals, then you will have plenty to see. If the lineup doesn't appeal, spend your money elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

I'd highly recommend it. It's in a beautiful location in Curraghmore House, the festival site itself is well decorated and lots of art installations and areas to explore (maybe not quite to the level of EP or Body & Soul). The atmosphere and crowd at it is one of its best selling points, a much more mature crowd than you would get at any Picnic of the last few years and most people in attendance seem to be genuinely there for the music.

Last year there were massive mistakes made in terms of organisation, mainly around the traffic debacle, which left a sour taste in the mouth of many. They have already stated they are not expanding in 2020 as a result and I would guess they will do everything in their power to ensure next year runs smoothly as a repeat would probably indicate the end of the festival. It will be the first festival I buy tickets for I would imagine, and 2018 was up there with the best festivals I've ever been to. Great festival, great crowd, lots of potential - I would say if you have enjoyed EP & Body & Soul in the past then you will definitely enjoy ATN.

Cheers for that..yeah you'd imagine if they had a mare last time out with the traffic this would be the first thing they'd aim to resolve.

Would definitely be looking at a glamping option for this. Any feedback on what is the better option between the Tangerine Fields and Podpads?

• Advertisement

Cheers for that..yeah you'd imagine if they had a mare last time out with the traffic this would be the first thing they'd aim to resolve.

Would definitely be looking at a glamping option for this. Any feedback on what is the better option between the Tangerine Fields and Podpads?

I think both of these got very poor feedback in 2019. There was a fair bit of moaning about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Depends on your budget really. I find Tangerine Fields is perfectly fine for a cheaper glamping option (once they sort out the horrendous queues). It's no Pink Moon for the amenities, but grand if all you want is to not carry/put up/take down your tent and camp next to your mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is there any chance we can tell the autumn and winter to bugger off, maybe bypass the next few months to February and then we can get the 2020 lineup announcement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Podpads can now be booked

Bookings are now open for Podpads at All Together Now 2020. https://podpads.com/all-together-now

#ATN20 🎪🎪🎪

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Is there any chance we can tell the autumn and winter to bugger off, maybe bypass the next few months to February and then we can get the 2020 lineup announcement.

One only misses Metropolis when it's gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

showpony1 wrote: »

Yeah to be fair that is true as well, it doesn't have as much depth as EP for sure. But with 20,000 capacity vs 60,000 capacity that is to be expected I guess. Something they could improve on though I feel.

Heard glamping options were over priced and not great last year. We camped in the Both Sides Now campsite which a lot of people didn't seem to know about and it was really spacious and respectable in the most part, if it was to be like that again I would possibly say that is a better alternative to glamping.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Pavement playing Primavera Porto next year. I can get a ticket, flights and a nice little apartment up the road for well under what I paid for ATN and Podpads last year. As I said, they're going to have to work for my custom this year. I'm sure they could give a damn about my custom. All I mean is that is that I'm not blindly handing over wads of cash after the issues last year.

Out of curiosity - what does it work out as for primavera?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Out of curiosity - what does it work out as for primavera?

I just had a quick look but 105 for 3 day ticket, return flights for under 100 (without add ons), any number of Airbnb apartments in the general vicinity for 50ish a night. Looks fantastic, beautiful parkland setting and Pavement headlining, PAVEMENT, for crying out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I just had a quick look but 105 for 3 day ticket, return flights for under 100 (without add ons), any number of Airbnb apartments in the general vicinity for 50ish a night. Looks fantastic, beautiful parkland setting and Pavement headlining, PAVEMENT, for crying out loud.

Too right - I have heard nothing but good things about primavera. I presume the pavement is a headline set. That would be brilliant

• Advertisement

Le Bruise wrote: »
    How and for what reason did you get half the money back from them (if you don't mind me asking)? Just curious, as we queued for ages but didn't think we'd be entitled to anything back due to it.

Our tent got flooded. Everything soaked. We took photos and one of our party was really persistent with them. They did try to fob her off with just a oops we're sorry at first.

Advertisement