Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Night vision

• 21-09-2019 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

What set ups would lads recommend to do some vermin control with a air riffle at night ?

Have a air arms s510 with Hawke airmax scope,
    I want to take some rats out around a chicken pen

Any 1 any previous experience of the pard 007 and nite site ? Pros & cons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Damoeire33

pard is a great bit of kit, Id recommend an external IR torch to go with it though, not sure on the nitesite as ive never used 1

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Czhornet

Damoeire33 wrote: »
    pard is a great bit of kit, Id recommend an external IR torch to go with it though, not sure on the nitesite as ive never used 1

Do you use an LED based external IR torch or one of the laser ones? (eg Solaris SRX)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Czhornet wrote: »
    Do you use an LED based external IR torch or one of the laser ones? (eg Solaris SRX)
    I use a night vision store ir with the ruby pill they are awesome they shine as far as you can see and crystal clear,the lasers have great distance but can be very grainy picture through the scope

del boi wrote: »
    What set ups would lads recommend to do some vermin control with a air riffle at night ?

Have a air arms s510 with Hawke airmax scope,
    I want to take some rats out around a chicken pen

Any 1 any previous experience of the pard 007 and nite site ? Pros & cons
    If you look up a YouTube channel called robin foxer he uses an S510 for rats with a night site to deadly effect!
    How do you find the air Arms??I just put a deposit on an S510Xs ultimate sporter....I cannot wait for the license! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Damoeire33

I use a led. It gives me good enough light at the distances I'm happy to shoot at. You'll see eyes out to 500m but quarry identification good enough out to 200m approx

• Advertisement

I use a night vision store ir with the ruby pill they are awesome they shine as far as you can see and crystal clear,the lasers have great distance but can be very grainy picture through the scope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

tikkamark wrote: »

Used the night site eagle great bit of kit for ratting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭clivej

Get a dedicated NV scope best option IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭sniperman

lads of topic a bit.......to all of you who use night vision,was it hard to get the permission?did you face awkward questions etc? any advice please,as im thinking of going down that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭del boi

If you look up a YouTube channel called robin foxer he uses an S510 for rats with a night site to deadly effect!
    How do you find the air Arms??I just put a deposit on an S510Xs ultimate sporter....I cannot wait for the license! :)

I have the air arms s510 xs ultimate sporter laminate stock , brilliant bit of kit & silent .
    Accuracy is very good , can do good grouping at 100 metres & reckon could push a little further. Most of my shooting is at 30/40 . Great confidence.
    Little heavy to carry if honest but never bothered me . I use air arms diablo pellets which I find great, shot on shot . Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

I have the air arms s510 xs ultimate sporter, brilliant bit of kit & silent .
    Accuracy is very good , can do good grouping at 100 metres & reckon could push a little further. Most of my shooting is at 30/40 . Great confidence.
    Little heavy to carry if honest but never bothered me . I use air arms diablo pellets which I find great, shot on shot . Enjoy

Have AA Ultimate Sporter also .22. Great piece of kit. Very accurate with plenty of punch out to 80m for rabbits if your a good enough shot. I use AA Field Heavy pellets. JSB are good too.

I have the air arms s510 xs ultimate sporter laminate stock , brilliant bit of kit & silent .
    Any pictures of your setup Del Boy??What scope you running on it??

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Have AA Ultimate Sporter also .22. Great piece of kit. Very accurate with plenty of punch out to 80m for rabbits if your a good enough shot. I use AA Field Heavy pellets. JSB are good too.
    That rifle is awesome looking peppa cig!Do you use it on the highest setting to kill bunny’s to 80?Also is that the 18gr or 16gr field pellets??A lot of people seem to rate air Arms own brand in them for best accuracy

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭del boi

Any pictures of your setup Del Boy??What scope you running on it??

Hawke airmax scope , I find it good .
    Had a Hawke fastmount originally which was fine too €80 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

That rifle is awesome looking peppa cig!Do you use it on the highest setting to kill bunny’s to 80?Also is that the 18gr or 16gr field pellets??A lot of people seem to rate air Arms own brand in them for best accuracy

Hi Tikka, sorry just seeing your message. I’ve not done 80m myself but others have or at least claim to have :)

I’m using the 18gr field pellet. Tried a fell pellets and mine likes the air arms and Jsb.

Advertisement