Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    BTS :p

Who or what the hell is BTS ??

Ac/dc may be touring next year and will probably headline Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Who or what the hell is BTS ??

Ac/dc may be touring next year and will probably headline Slane

Biggest Band in the World (apparently)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTS_(band)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/green-day-rds-arena-dublin-tickets/venueartist/198346/768353

Link to Green Day presale Code is HELLAMEGA
    100 for gold circle managed to get them after 40 minutes of refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I got in for tickets twice no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭klose

System of a down announcing european dates at the moment on twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Why are there 2 separate presales? One for green day, and one for fallout boy & weezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Why are there 2 separate presales? One for green day, and one for fallout boy & weezer.

Green Day had a album pre-order and i guess as headliners wanted their own one.

FOB and Weezer have a joint mailing list one, (which green day also had an hour later)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ekano

klose wrote: »
    System of a down announcing european dates at the moment on twitter

Hopefully an Irish show is included. Never seen them live

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ekano wrote: »
    Hopefully an Irish show is included. Never seen them live

I would not hold out much hope, for the last 4 years the majority of shows they have played have been festivals with a few solo shows sprinkled in between.

I'd be a happy boy if Tool and System of a down played here in 2020

Alter Bridge, Guns N Rose's and Acdc would be welcome additions to the year ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Ekano

Xenji wrote: »
    I would not hold out much hope, for the last 4 years the majority of shows they have played have been festivals with a few solo shows sprinkled in between.

Might have to travel so!

Guns N Roses supposed to be releasing new music and touring next year and AC/DC are playing Slane by all accounts. Guns for Croker?? Id only see them if they were playing new music only so many times you can hear the old stuff. Does anyone know why Muse ignored Ireland for their world tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

On the plus side they said "many" European shows.

On the other side it's only been festivals announced so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Taylor Swift Lover Tour likely for festival circuit in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I saw them in Madrid a couple years ago, great gig but I never saw a band have so little reaction with the crowd. Blatantly obvious they weren't enjoying it and were only touring to make a few quid. It's 15 years since they recorded anything, they can't stand each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Sturgill Simpson playing Vicar St on Feb 1st

Thanks for the heads up. I've missed him every time he's played here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Personally, I'd be amazed if System tour Ireland. Think the ozzfest in 2002 was their only appearance on Irish soil? I know they don't tour all that regularly these days - I can never keep track whether they are split up or not at any given moment in time - but they always seem to leave Ireland out of their plans.

I fully expect Tool to announce some Irish gig for next year as part of their inevitable European tour, we may not hear about that for a while yet. They're savvy businessmen those fellas, I think a European tour will start getting talked about once December comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭exilec

Elbow, who will release their eighth studio album, ‘Giants of All Sizes’ on 11 October, have announced the following tour dates:

▪ 3Arena, Dublin - Saturday, 28 March 2020
    ▪ Waterfront, Belfast – Sunday, 29 March 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Ladies weekend away/hens etc will sell this and the mega fans

As the other poster said safe bets for this venue

We might see Bruce and/or u2 play there down the line but its doubtful. Seems a place for family friendly acts

Bruce playing Dublin in 2020. Not sure if he's going to Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Bruce playing Dublin in 2020. Not sure if he's going to Cork

Any source for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭fyfe79

rob316 wrote: »
    I saw them in Madrid a couple years ago, great gig but I never saw a band have so little reaction with the crowd. Blatantly obvious they weren't enjoying it and were only touring to make a few quid. It's 15 years since they recorded anything, they can't stand each other.

Shame. Saw SOAD at Ozzfest 2002 before they split and they were excellent. Plenty of crowd interaction and they were well up for it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Didnt SOAD play the point in like 2004?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Didnt SOAD play the point in like 2004?

Just the once at Ozzfest in 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Yea id say thats nailed on , Wouldnt be surprised if its announced during the summer maybe with a few stadium shows elsewhere in Ireland?

Excellent. Hopefully that rules Picture This out of EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭julyjane

Celine Dion for Croke Park possibly? aiken promotions Facebook page hints at Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

julyjane wrote: »
    Celine Dion for Croke Park possibly? aiken promotions Facebook page hints at Ireland

Thought that was for a gig coming up very shortly. Would she be big enough for Croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Mushy wrote: »
    Thought that was for a gig coming up very shortly. Would she be big enough for Croker?

World tour has commenced with European dates to be announced for next Summer, heard a rumour a while ago about Aviva & that may be more likely than Croke Park but not sure if concerts will be there in the Summer with the Euro soccer on. Apparently playing 40k stadium in France early July so expect timeframe around then!!

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    World tour has commenced with European dates to be announced for next Summer, heard a rumour a while ago about Aviva & that may be more likely than Croke Park but not sure if concerts will be there in the Summer with the Euro soccer on. Apparently playing 40k stadium in France early July so expect timeframe around then!!

The euros will be over by the end of june. Last game in the Aviva will be the 30th June

First Gig for Cork Independent Park 2020 to be Announced on Monday. MCD are in charge of it so im hoping for the same type of acts as last year in fairness they were a success down here anyway. As long as I don't see any Picture this rubbish or Gavin James ill be happy , but knowing how these gigs go itll be Lewis Capaldi....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Duffy98 wrote: »
    First Gig for Cork Independent Park 2020 to be Announced on Monday. MCD are in charge of it so im hoping for the same type of acts as last year in fairness they were a success down here anyway. As long as I don't see any Picture this rubbish or Gavin James ill be happy , but knowing how these gigs go itll be Lewis Capaldi....

I'll go out on a limb and say it'll be Bruce Springsteen.

Advertisement