Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things you'd like to say to them

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Cal04 wrote: »
    I'd ask him why
    Why leave it with a million why's
    Why leave me to rear our daughter's alone
    Why leave us when he was so full of life
    Why always bury his head in the sand
    Why not face the consequences
    Why why why
    Suicide is never the answer

Oh Cal04, i'm so sorry (if I'm understanding this correctly)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Sincere condolences and best wishes Cal04. Wish I could help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Still miss you loads Mum, 5 years yesterday, cant believe it..
    Hope you are having a chat with someone.
    You'd love your grave with flowers..

Xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm angry at you for leaving us all so suddenly and not reaching out. There were a hundred people who would have picked up the phone to you. I'm angry that people have turned on your girlfriend in their grief. I know that's not what you wanted, but here we are.

This is the mess you've left behind, and only because you were so loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

Thank you all...Suicide is something I never thought we would encounter..totally out of the blue...there are no answers and a million whys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

I knew that these two weeks would be hard, but I was entirely prepared for how hard the grief would hit me. The tears started coming a little bit on Friday, and today I can't stop. The pain of you not being here is nearly physical. The worst thing is that I know you'd hate it - you'd be telling me to keep the chin up, to "stop it outta that". But I can't. Not today. I just want you to come back.

I'm having a tough time and all I want is to talk to either one of you about it, preferably both. I'd give just about anything for one more day. I thought it was past feeling this raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Love you. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭orionm_73

Three years yesterday Dad. At the time I couldn’t imagine it being even a week later. I honestly have thought of you every single day, though wearing your wedding ring makes that easy.... what’s hard is just needing to give you a hug and not being able to. I just want to know that you’re ok, wherever it is you are.. heaven, the afterlife..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I wish I believed in the afterlife because I'd love to meet you again. I miss you every single day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

I was shopping yesterday and saw something and thought, that would look really good on you. And then I remembered....

How could I have forgotten?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Thank you all...Suicide is something I never thought we would encounter..totally out of the blue...there are no answers and a million whys

We went through it last year. I described it like being part of a club that you never wanted to join.
    I'm so sorry for your loss, let yourself grieve, no matter who is depending on you. Take some time when you need it.
    Do what you need to do, there's no manual or timetable on this.
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Giz a hug Dad .

My Dad gave the best, biggest bear hugs. I'd sell my soul for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I can’t believe it’s been 10 years since we got to celebrate your birthday with you. We still have the photo of the four of us in the sitting room but it hurts every time I look at it, knowing how awful you were feeling, the pain that was behind your smile and not knowing it would be the last one we would have with you. None of us knew what would come two months later. I hate that dad isn’t smiling in that photo. I’d rather he wasn’t in it and it was just you, me and L.

A decade of birthdays I should have had with you. It’s not fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I miss you both . Sometimes it just hits home , and hits hard when it does . Love you both always x

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Love you mam nearly 9 months since I heard your voice. I miss you so much and think about you every minute. We miss you. Wish I could step back in time. Love you.

Thank you for everything you taught me and can you keep teaching me please????

LOVE YOUx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Baybay

They’re good people, I know that. They’ve had every chance to step up but they just get it wrong. They’re not you & I can’t expect them to be but I can’t help looking still.

I wish I had made more of an effort with you, but it was hard after mum died. I felt like her death caused a massive rift between me and all of you, which wasn’t fair, as her death was not my fault. You were always one of my favourite uncles, and I seriously looked up to and admired you. Your success at sport made me want to be like you, and was one of the things that motivated me most when I was doing competitive athletics. You were one of the nicest, kindest and most lovely men I ever knew. The relationship you had with your wife and children is one I hope to have myself one day. You were so incredibly loved by everyone, you touched so many people’s lives and you made so many people happy. I used to love when you came to visit us when we were small. You always brought us Cornettos, which we loved, but mainly we just loved you for who you were.
    My heart is broken. I’ll miss you more than you’ll ever know.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

One year ago today you took your last breaths as I held your hand and told you how much you were loved . You still are , we know you're happy to be reunited with Mam , you had no fear of death , hope you're both still watching over us all xx

• Advertisement

I ran a road race today and you were all I could think about. You were always such an inspiration to me, and seeing all your medals at your funeral really drove it home. Today I was running for you.

Love you mam. Miss you so much. Wish I could hear your voice and laughter. This never gets easier coming upto one year next month. If I could change it all I would in a heartbeat. Love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

I'd ask him why
    Why leave it with a million why's
    Why leave me to rear our daughter's alone
    Why leave us when he was so full of life
    Why always bury his head in the sand
    Why not face the consequences
    Why why why
    Suicide is never the answer

So sorry.

I am sometimes too angry to ask why. Does he realise the hurt he left behind

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

In my case, I simply think he was beyond reason which is so sad

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Dad I'm so sorry I never got to say goodbye.

It's been 15 years now and still I feel an emptiness inside.

I feel a bitterness sometimes to things that you should've been there to celebrate with me, my 18th, going for that first pint, passing my driving test, meeting my first girlfriend and eventually getting married to her.

I made so many mistakes immediately after you passed, I quit school in leaving cert year, got a job to support mam and the family, started smoking and closed my emotions off because no one understood how much of a hole you left.

I feel robbed, just when I was getting to know you best, you left and I was left to clean up the mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

3 months today my Ma passed away and would love to have a few more minutes with her to tell her how much I love and miss her so bad that it hurts.

I wish I could tell her that I wish I could have got over to the house quicker, to be with her and try to comfort her in her last few minutes with us. :(

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    3 months today my Ma passed away and would love to have a few more minutes with her to tell her how much I love and miss her so bad that it hurts.

I wish I could tell her that I wish I could have got over to the house quicker, to be with her and try to comfort her in her last few minutes with us. :(

She knew all that, and more. I promise you. :)

Love you mam. A year this month. Hope you're watching down on us. D doing well in school looks great. Just getting up work would love to stay in bed. Thinking of you always never far frpm my thoughts ever. Love you

You once said i was nobody's **** doll and that i should blast anyone who said i was. in your heavy accent and long dark cloak/coat...no one messed with you...but you were oh so kind to kind people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

You're with M now, no doubt belting out Sliabh na mBan! You didn't deserve this.

Advertisement