Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Splitting saorview signal

• 31-01-2021 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am finally going to be free of Sky in March. We are currently renting a house so I am going to make do with what we have here until new house is built. I will look at better options for saorview etc when that time comes.
    For now I just want to know if the saorview signal can be split with a simple splitter? I am assuming it can but just want to double check before I start searching amazon!
    Current set up is as follows
    Sitting room and kitchen tv areas back on to each other with a hole in the wall for cables!
    Sitting room - has the sky feed and currently no saorview.
    Kitchen has the saorview aerial (see photo) and also has sky feed coming from rf out of the sky box in sitting room. I have a splitter at back of tv to allow both Sky and saorvew signals in.The splitter cost about 3 euro and have had no issues.

So what I am asking is if I can add another splitter at the saorview aerial end to bring saorview into the sitting room also ? This would be ideal for the time being in this house.
    TIA for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Your 2 pics are the same.

It should be OK provided the signal from the aerial is good enough. Are you using a set-top aerial?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

The Cush wrote: »
    Your 2 pics are the same.

It should be OK provided the signal from the aerial is good enough. Are you using a set-top aerial?

Oops sorry I will change that now

No it’s an external aerial
    Signal is perfect as far as I can tell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

km79 wrote: »
    Oops sorry I will change that now

No it’s an external aerial
    Signal is perfect as far as I can tell

Should be ok. Signal quality is the key. Check your signal quality readings and if they are high you should be able to split without breakup.

Advertisement