Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

anybody got any love for Unilever?

latest announcements hasn't won the market at all :mad:

i still think they are a buy <50EUR (they've struggled for years to consistently stay over that price).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Anyone having issues with Degiro??

Can't even get through by phone. Serious issues today. Can place bid or asks.

Its been cat melodeon for the past two weeks...slow, sessions unexpectedly hanging etc.

Probably all the meme gamblers.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭1percent

Bigbooty wrote: »
    OCGN flying since they announced a partnership to release a covid vaccine in the US.
    That was the news thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I think you didn't have enough lol. I fixed up your post.

Is this forum full of smugeratti? It's kind of sad to see people trying to laugh at the misfortune of others. My parents taught me not to do that. But I'm aware that not everyone has a great upbringing.

Lol, genuinely not being smugeratti, and yep horribly overuse lol. Actually my maths was totally off there, a 500% loss isn't possible, a 100% loss puts gme at zero, so back to under a 100$ is what, an 80% loss, and that was my genuine point there, and its a serious problem that beginners often miss, especially any sort of swing or day traders, achieving a 55% gain is great going by any standards, however lets say your starting capital is 1k, you suffer an 80% drawdown and are back to 200, a 55% win on your next trade or whatever only puts you back up to 310e, your gonna need hmm 4 55% wins in a row to get back into profit, and you absolutely cannot afford anymore 80% drawdowns or the odds are you'll be bust. And genuinely no smugeratti meant, I blew through my 1st spreadbetting day trading account like there was no tomorrow, insane drawdowns risking way too much capital on each trade, thank God it was a reasonably small account overall.

In any case you clearly have taken a dislike to me, I'll just ignore any of your posts moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

Great day for #SKLZ yesterday. Up 20% after announcement of a huge deal with the NFL. Only wish i had more.

Add another 12-13% today, I finally (and reluctantly) halved my position today. Still like the company just locking in some profits. Only regret was sklz only being 1.5% of my portfolio :(

Now time to try find the next sklz...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

TTOO and OCGN did very well for me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭borus22222

jams100 wrote: »
    Add another 12-13% today, I finally (and reluctantly) halved my position today. Still like the company just locking in some profits. Only regret was sklz only being 1.5% of my portfolio :(

Now time to try find the next sklz...

Please share once you find one. I benefited a little based on your suggestion. Thanks, happy Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭hottipper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Is the gofundme asking others to cover his losses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

hottipper wrote: »

I doubt that's a real story and I'd imagine all the no name donations were done by himself to make it look like people were donating.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭hottipper

Renault 5 wrote: »
    Is the gofundme to cover his losses?

Yeah think so may not even be real could be someone trying to cash in on the news hard to know with those gofundme pages. Crazy to go all in on something like that 2% maybe for fun but all in is madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Selling call options, I wouldn't have much sympathy.

Yeah think so may not even be real could be someone trying to cash in on the news hard to know with those gofundme pages.Crazy to go all in on something like that 2% maybe for fun but all in is madness.

Did you not see #tothemoon.

Hard to argue with that.

And scam I think, new mom was a nice touch. As was 'maybe I deserve to die.' A solid 8.5/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Dope

Not a dope but a Bag holder.
    Happens to a lot of retail investors.
    There's going to be a lot more Bag holders when this EV/Tech bubble pops

• Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

FLNT had a great day on Friday but I think there is plenty more to come, going to add on Monday along side some more KBNT if it dips at all, that one could really explode any day I feel.
    Thinking of selling my MARA, up a bit on it but anything BTC makes me uneasy and I dont like the stress of that. Will regret if BTC makes a new high next week of course, hope it does it this weekend before I can sell :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Not a dope but a Bag holder.
    Happens to a lot of retail investors.
    There's going to be a lot more Bag holders when this EV/Tech bubble pops

I was browsing a fair amount of tech and ev company share prices in the last week and the amount that had doubled , tripled , quadrupled in the last year was massive , even though the underlying business had only moderate growth . Too much stimulus money flooding in from all over the globe .

Had a browse of a few renewables as well and same story ,

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

Whether this is actually true or not, the lesson is, don't apply rational logic to a stock thats trading irrationally, it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I was browsing a fair amount of tech and ev company share prices in the last week and the amount that had doubled , tripled , quadrupled in the last year was massive , even though the underlying business had only moderate growth . Too much stimulus money flooding in from all over the globe .

The same could have been said about the tech companies like google and amazon in the 2000's etc... The anticipation is that in future all car's will be electric and that governments will work to make that happen. The electric car tech is just dramatically improving to the point that the traditional internal combustion engine is going to go to the same place the CRT tv went when flat screens turned up. This does not however mean all EV companies are going to succeed or that we are not in a dot com style bubble of the EV sector. However there will be Google's and Amazon's that come out the other end of it. I don't think stimulus is the main problem, the main problem is you have no alternate savings options and it's very obvious the potential of the EV market.

The way I see it that stimulus money isn't going to be unprinted, and with interest rates largely at zero I don't see this bubble bursting the same way it does in an normal stock market crash. Instead I think we'll increasingly see ridiculous volatility between different sectors, as everyone follows the momentum train around the place, be it tech, EVs, cryptos, covid stocks etc. The trick is making sure you are in ahead of the crowd and book your cheap seat early, and not be left rushing trying to catch the train as it's speeding away lol.

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    FLNT had a great day on Friday but I think there is plenty more to come, going to add on Monday along side some more KBNT if it dips at all, that one could really explode any day I feel.
    Thinking of selling my MARA, up a bit on it but anything BTC makes me uneasy and I dont like the stress of that. Will regret if BTC makes a new high next week of course, hope it does it this weekend before I can sell :)

Mobile and media advertising, we got a new hype train in town, will it be half as successful as the EV boom across the last 6months? I'm mostly certainly well onboard now anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Timmaay wrote: »
    Mobile and media advertising, we got a new hype train in town, will it be half as successful as the EV boom across the last 6months? I'm mostly certainly well onboard now anyways.

Tell me about it, I'm the genius that sold APPS for a loss at $5.80 and TTD for a loss at $170 last March...
    Still smarting from those lessons well learned! Flavour of the month seems to be advertising, don't fight the crowd, learned that chasing alts in crypto whilst BTC powered ahead in 2017.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

How do you treat SPACs when investing? Invest early based on rumors or wait until announced. I’m watching the $CCIV and lucid motors drama. Shares touched $35 on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭roosterman71

How do you treat SPACs when investing? Invest early based on rumors or wait until announced. I’m watching the $CCIV and lucid motors drama. Shares touched $35 on Friday.

Closer to NAV the better. NAV usually around the $10 mark. I got into $CCIV at $12.20 and sold out when it hit $30. Those Lucid rumours are around a long time and if they are true, ya'd expect to see a pop on $CCIV. Likewise, could go down :D

Get in early if possible and scale out when it rises. Can always go back for more but at least ya have some €€€ in the pocket from it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Timmaay wrote: »

Hi Timmaay, any suggestions in that space. I may go into FLNT, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Treppen wrote: »
    In memoriam of RIGOLO.

Anyone know which forum's RIGOLO may be posting on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

I am in Gevo, just wondering if you rate them since u sold.
    I believe in bio-energy and their Net-Zero concept of harvesting wind energy. With Biden in lead, I think the company has good long term perspective if you can hold. It's still new company though. I am investing in tried and tested Royal Dutch Shell in energy sector which are undervalued at the moment. Only have to wait for a year :D

MAJJ wrote: »
    Hi Timmaay, any suggestions in that space. I may go into FLNT, thanks

APPS is the biggest, but the horse has bolted after they blew earnings out of the water last week, defo too much too soon, wait for it to come back into that channel it's been trading in for last 8months. Peri and MGNI similar 2bh, put them on your watch list and wait for the next pullback to 20 or 50day ma. (I added add of theses during the 2 minor Jan corrections, capitol hill and GME, be greedy when others are fearful ha.) FLNT quite abit more volatile, if it dips back towards 6.00 I'd be jumping back in. KBNT I'd say has the best setup at the min, it went on a wild run in dec (pump and dump for all I know), where it hit 10, it dropped back quickly but has nicely formed a base at 5.50 and is trending up again. TTD, PUGB, SCOR, ZDGE and tencent also showing up on stocktwits as being in a similar area for me, but I've done no homework on them yet.

Supercell wrote: »
    Tell me about it, I'm the genius that sold APPS for a loss at $5.80 and TTD for a loss at $170 last March...
    Still smarting from those lessons well learned! Flavour of the month seems to be advertising, don't fight the crowd, learned that chasing alts in crypto whilst BTC powered ahead in 2017.

Ha, I sold my 200 APPS for 5.89 same time, at least I got a slightly better price than you :p, but ugggghhhhhh yep fml. I was in apps again from 23 until 42 last summer, and only just got back in Jan for 50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Any thoughts on JMIA? was thinking of entering yesterday but might be best to wait till after earnings later in the month, might do half now half after to hedge my bets

The market cap has dropped 20% after earnings consecutively for a few quarters (overall very positive gain though)

Advertisement