Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir and Virgin Media Sport - cross supply deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

iseegirls wrote: »
    Anybody see a date for when the channels will be available on the platforms?

August 26th was mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

kooga wrote: »
    Sky sports is only in SD there is no HD option

Thanks Kooga. I was told by the advisor Sky was on HD, he is obviously wrong and I signed up on this belief today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Thanks Kooga. I was told by the advisor Sky was on HD, he is obviously wrong and I signed up on this belief today.

He is very wrong...
    I watch most of my sport on a very large HD projector and Sky sports on Eir with only SD available is an incredibly ugly experience....
    If it's a deal breaker I would contact them asap

He is very wrong...
    I watch most of my sport on a very large HD projector and Sky sports on Eir with only SD available is an incredibly ugly experience....
    If it's a deal breaker I would contact them asap

Agree I had a one month free trial of it in June 18 for the Ireland tour of Australia- it’s a terrible image so blurry and washed out - can’t understand why sky sports and cinema are only sd- when you consider that premier sport and free sports are available in hd along with the legacy eir/bt package

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I see Virgin sport and virgin extra 1 and 2 are now on the Eir app (the green one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I see Virgin sport and virgin extra 1 and 2 are now on the Eir app (the green one)

On the red one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Can anyone get the Green App to cast from their phone, fcuking app is appalling!

Virgin media sport in hd ( no hd pack) now on evision

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

I took the plunge and added the BT Sport / PremierSport add-on on EirVision, as the Serie A seasons starts today.

Activated pretty much straight away, although the HD channels didn't add even though I asked them to be added as well – a mistake with Eir which I've just spent the last hour or so on the phone trying to sort. I have to say I never really experienced too many problems with Eir's customer service – despite all the people and reports which say otherwise – until today. The customer service department isn't open on the weekends so I spoke to Tech Support (as technically the HD channels weren't appearing even though I asked to add them, but I knew it was probably a mistake by the rep I spoke to the day before who just didn't add the HD), and he just kept on trying to dismiss me and say I had to speak to customer service and then hung up on me (believe me, I didn't let that rest). I then went online to the chat support and got the HD added in 5 minutes.

Anyway, lots of sport channels now with Eir 1/2, BT 1/2/3, ESPN, Virgin Sport, PremierSport 1/2, FreeSport. Thats my weekend sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Does anybody know if I will get eir sports if I add Virgin Sports to my Virgin broadband (no virgin TV in my subscription). Currently available free for first 2 months, then €5 per month after.
    Only available on phone app, but works well with chromecast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The Virgin Media side of this deal apparently has launched today with eir Sport 1 on channel 410.

But apparently no eir Sport 2 for VM customers either - seems this channel will now be exclusive to eir Vision/Eir Broadband customers having already been removed from Vodafone TV on 1st August and soon to make way for VM Sport on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Are there not WC rugby games on eir sport 2 thus people will miss out?

I don’t think there are any simultaneous kick offs in the RWC, there’s an odd number of teams (5) in each group so even if they kicked off final group games at same time someone would still be disadvantaged.

Pro14 is a different story, however...and I’m long enough in the tooth to remember Setanta putting Leinster v Munster on the less available Setanta Sports 1 (the present eir Sport 2) rather than the then widely available Setanta Ireland.

Maybe they are going to close eir Sport 2 down instead and that is why it is being pulled from other platforms. But I’m not so sure of that.

Are there not WC rugby games on eir sport 2 thus people will miss out?

rugby is on eir sport 1 only (unlike football WC there are no last round group games on at the same time plus each group has 5 teams) so no need for two channels

icdg wrote: »
    I don’t think there are any simultaneous kick offs in the RWC, there’s an odd number of teams (5) in each group so even if they kicked off final group games at same time someone would still be disadvantaged.

Pro14 is a different story, however...and I’m long enough in the tooth to remember Setanta putting Leinster v Munster on the less available Setanta Sports 1 (the present eir Sport 2) rather than the then widely available Setanta Ireland.

Maybe they are going to close eir Sport 2 down instead and that is why it is being pulled from other platforms. But I’m not so sure of that.

looking at the pro 14 fixtures there are a lot of games not going to be on eir sport even with TG4 being a broadcast partner - a lot of games not going to be shown in the irish market which is disappointing

https://www.pro14rugby.org/match-centre/fixtures/

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

I have just been talking to an Eir sports representative, a very nice Scottish woman, she informed me that I will receive every Rugby World Cup game & every Pro 14 game, & every Champions league game & Europa league game as well as Saturday night gaa league games & Airtricity & other foreign football, I receive Eir sports on my Sky dish.

Not bad for see € 15.99per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Every game that they actually show you will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Every game that they actually show you will get.

Every game in those competitions, but not all Gaa games.

energy1942 wrote: »
    I have just been talking to an Eir sports representative, a very nice Scottish woman, she informed me that I will receive every Rugby World Cup game & every Pro 14 game, & every Champions league game & Europa league game as well as Saturday night gaa league games & Airtricity & other foreign football, I receive Eir sports on my Sky dish.

champions league and europa league?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

champions league and europa league?

Through virgin media sport...

• Advertisement

Their definition of “every” differs from mine, because without the VM Sport Extra channels you will not receive every Champions League game, only those shown on the VM Sport main channel (and on FTA VM One/Two/Three where applicable).

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭An Tarbh

looking at the pro 14 fixtures there are a lot of games not going to be on eir sport even with TG4 being a broadcast partner - a lot of games not going to be shown in the irish market which is disappointing

I wouldn't take that as gospel. Where last year there were plenty of matches that Eir didn't show live, their reasons for doing so were different from what they will be this season.

With Eir Sport 2 last year it was a simulcast of Premier Sports 1, so any game that was shown in Ireland on Eir Sport 1 and Premier Sports 1 in the UK was blanked out on Eir Sport 2. That will no longer be the case this season. So if as was the case last year you had 2 matches on at the same time, the extra match will now be shown on Eir Sport 2. There should be a much higher percentage of live matches being shown by Eir compared to last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Their definition of “every” differs from mine, because without the VM Sport Extra channels you will not receive every Champions League game, only those shown on the VM Sport main channel (and on FTA VM One/Two/Three where applicable).

The extra channels are on the eir green app. They will hardly be carried on satellite.
    Probably only in sd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

energy1942 wrote: »

15.99 for how many months? Quoted 2 months for me before increasing to 30 per month after that.

The extra channels are on the eir green app. They will hardly be carried on satellite.
    Probably only in sd too.

No eir app of any colour for satellite only customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Are Premier Sports 1/2 not available now for Irish viewers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Acosta

There is only two VM Sport extra channels. Or at least there's only two on the app currently. I can't see how they can show all Champions League or Europa Leagues matches that are on at the same time during the group stage.

Acosta wrote: »
    There is only two VM Sport extra channels. Or at least there's only two on the app currently.

There is more on VM cable TV - six I think. That’s enough for the Champions League now (with two games moved to the early slot) but not the Europa League.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Acosta

There is more on VM cable TV - six I think. That’s enough for the Champions League now (with two games moved to the early slot) but not the Europa League.

I see. Didn't Eir say that all games would be available? If there's no red button and only 3 channels in total including the two extra channels then that won't be the case.

When is VM Sport going onto Sky for Eir Sport customers?

• Advertisement

Acosta wrote: »
    I see. Didn't Eir say that all games would be available? If there's no red button and only 3 channels in total including the two extra channels then that won't be the case.

When is VM Sport going onto Sky for Eir Sport customers?

Sep 12

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement