Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help! Ferguson ariva 254 no sat signal.

Options
  • 10-01-2019 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I'm hoping someone can help me before the wife kills me.

I had a Fergusan Ariva 150 which suddenly lost sat signal, signal down to 10%.

The cap on the LNB was all cracked so I thought that might be the issue so replaced the LNB with a new one but still no signal.

Tried another box and it worked perfectly so then I thought the receiver was fecked.

I bought a Ferguson Ariva 254 thinking I'd plug in
    the sat wires and all would be OK again but it's the same as the 150,10%signal!

Saorview signal is perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Did you use a satfinder to see if it was still aligned before you replaced the LNB?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bejaysus

Thargor wrote: »
    Did you use a satfinder to see if it was still aligned before you replaced the LNB?

I used a signal finder to check the signal and there was none with ariva 150. Replaced LNB.

Another box is working perfect on the same connection with the new LNB.

The other box is a saorview connect box
    that was a borrowed box that's now gone back.

The new box, ariva 254, is showing no signal with the signal finder also like the 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Sorry if its an obvious question but are just connected to the "LNB In" ? Its in a different position on the box on the 154.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That's a strange one. Is lnb power turned on in the Ariva settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

bejaysus wrote: »
    I'm hoping someone can help me before the wife kills me.

I had a Fergusan Ariva 150 which suddenly lost sat signal, signal down to 10%.

The cap on the LNB was all cracked so I thought that might be the issue so replaced the LNB with a new one but still no signal.

Tried another box and it worked perfectly so then I thought the receiver was fecked.

I bought a Ferguson Ariva 254 thinking I'd plug in
    the sat wires and all would be OK again but it's the same as the 150,10%signal!

Saorview signal is perfect.

I would first look at the cable end/s at the STB and wall socket.

What you describe could be due to an intermittently faulty cable termination.

I would double check cable terminations within the home .... including wall socket etc.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    That's a strange one. Is lnb power turned on in the Ariva settings?

Yes. And I turned it off and turned it back on.

Tony wrote: »
    Sorry if its an obvious question but are just connected to the "LNB In" ? Its in a different position on the box on the 154.

Yeah it's connected to the LNB in.

There's actually 2 cables coming from the satellite into that room from a 4 lnb and both don't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Did you get UK channels when you used the connect box or just saorview ? (sorry again for the obvious question)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    Did you get UK channels when you used the connect box or just saorview ? (sorry again for the obvious question)

No bother

I got both sat and saorview all working perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

For your Ferguson 150, download the firmware for that box here. Unzip the abs to a usb stick, put in ferguson and update the firmware via the menu. Choose allcode and bootloader in option and let it flash. Then go in and select 28.2e as satellite and scan it.

• Advertisement

STB. wrote: »
    For your Ferguson 150, download the firmware for that box here. Unzip the abs to a usb stick, put in ferguson and update the firmware via the menu. Choose allcode and bootloader in option and let it flash. Then go in and select 28.2e as satellite and scan it.

Thanks I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

bejaysus wrote: »
    Thanks I'll give it a go.

Did you ever get this working? I am having the same issue on Ariva 254 - thread here.

Advertisement