Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trevor Deely case - new witness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

It was actually deleted. At the request of Trevor's family I believe. People acting the gobshyte means not being able to have a grown up discussion.

Anyway, glad to read that there has been a development.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Bit strange this is reported all of a sudden coinciding around the time of year of his disappearance.

I’d be cautious on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

"Dysfunctional crime family"

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

"Highly significant" like the searches they done in Chapelizod a year or two back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

'Sex not disclosed' means a female anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Anyone have the full article?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Bit strange this is reported all of a sudden coinciding around the time of year of his disappearance.

I’d be cautious on this.

True but personally I don't discount what the new witness is saying as the Lr Baggot Street area late at night was quite dodgy back then. The Spar used to be 24 hour or close to it and you'd get strange characters hanging around.

tdf7187 wrote: »
    True but personally I don't discount what the new witness is saying as the Lr Baggot Street area late at night was quite dodgy back then. The Spar used to be 24 hour or close to it and you'd get strange characters hanging around.

Do you mean the spar that is still on the go there?

Not a native to dublin but would’ve thought that part of baggot st was fairly upmarket. Maybe different back then?

Do you mean the spar that is still on the go there?

Not a native to dublin but would’ve thought that part of baggot st was fairly upmarket. Maybe different back then?

Yes, that Spar used to be open much later. I don't know if it was 24 hour but I remember it being open very late, after even the nightclubs had closed.

Baggot Street was and is upmarket, but as I say late at night it had a dodgy vibe. I remember going into the Abrekebabra that used to be there a few doors from the Spar with a mate after a night of boozing some time around 1996 or 1997 and there were four prostitutes in there shooting the breeze. They were not the type of prostitute that you'd take home to your mother, put it that way.

• Advertisement

Yeh one thing about this incident is it happened very late night/early hours of morning - 3-4 am time of a wet and windy Friday night. Taxi strike was ongoing.

Yes, that Spar used to be open much later. I don't know if it was 24 hour but I remember it being open very late, after even the nightclubs had closed.

Baggot Street was and is upmarket, but as I say late at night it had a dodgy vibe. I remember going into the Abrekebabra that used to be there a few doors from the Spar with a mate after a night of boozing some time around 1996 or 1997 and there were four prostitutes in there shooting the breeze. They were not the type of prostitute that you'd take home to your mother, put it that way.

A red light district at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

They were not the type of prostitute that you'd take home to your mother, put it that way.

What type of hookers do you normally bring home to you mother?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Berserker5 wrote: »
    They'd likely have information if it was him, wasn't a BIL a witness in the case

My understanding is they have the info but lack of evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

My understanding is they have the info but lack of evidence.

Ya he's in jail

Same fella wouldn't think considering the circumstances of that girls abduction murder and disposal

Berserker5 wrote: »
    Ya he's in jail

Same fella wouldn't think considering the circumstances of that girls abduction murder and disposal

I can't recall the exact info but i do recall another lad up for murder gave his name as who did it and apparently we was living not a hundred miles from where TD was last seen.

Oh yes, absolutely. I worked in an office on Waterloo Road in the 1990s and it was by no means unusual to see prostitutes on the street, not even particularly late, sometimes as early as six or seven in the evening. Waterloo Road/Burlington Road/Fitzwilliam Square was a red light district at night back then. I know it seems odd given it is as you say a posh area but that's what it was like.

Even as recently as 2014 still was if this article is correct:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/midnight-on-baggot-street-every-girl-in-the-sex-trade-has-a-story-but-men-never-ask-30567428.html

Down around the maxol garage on mespil road there was always dodgy people hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,496 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Down around the maxol garage on mespil road there was always dodgy people hanging around.

You should go to the guards with that info.

Boggles wrote: »
    You should go to the guards with that info.

Why would you assume they wouldnt know that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

ya i lived in and around there in 98/99 and it was dodgy as hell at night. along the canal was a red light district and the late night shops always had an eclectic mix of pros, pimps, dealers, junkies,, doormen, taxi drivers etc hanging around them, i know because i worked in one.
    a prostitute was murdered between Baggot st bridge and Mount st bridge in the summer of 98.

you were liable to run in to some dodgy dodgy types anywhere along the canal from mount St bridge to Rathmines back then and not just drunks or gougers, proper dangerous men, the only thing was they rarely bothered the average Joe soap if he/she wasn't bothering them or their business, but it certainty would not have taken much to have pissed one of them off, like happening to look at them the wrong way.

farmchoice wrote: »
    ya i lived in and around there in 98/99 and it was dodgy as hell at night. along the canal was a red light district and the late night shops always had an eclectic mix of pros, pimps, dealers, junkies,, doormen, taxi drivers etc hanging around them, i know because i worked in one.
    a prostitute was murdered between Baggot st bridge and Mount st bridge in the summer of 98.

you were liable to run in to some dodgy dodgy types anywhere along the canal from mount St bridge to Rathmines back then and not just drunks or gougers, proper dangerous men, the only thing was they rarely bothered the average Joe soap if he/she wasn't bothering them or their business, but it certainty would not have taken much to have pissed one of them off, like happening to look at them the wrong way.

Indeed. I never personally had any trouble but was certainly asked 'lookin for business love?' on plenty of occasions. Now that I think of it the mate I was on the session with that time we rounded the night off with kebabs was mugged on his way home from work another time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

There’s a type of prostitute you would take home to your mother?

begbysback wrote: »
    There’s a type of prostitute you would take home to your mother?

Maybe the non junkie type, but you wont find any of them around that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Maybe the non junkie type, but you wont find any of them around that area.

And how would the introduction go? Mam meet sugar lips, sugar lips this is my mam - we’ll be upstairs for 30 mins mam, can’t afford any longer.

At the time also, the "westies" were in the news a bit. The area had such a buoyant "night time economy" due to senior bankers seeking out coke and hookers I suppose?

Raconteuse wrote: »
    At the time also, the "westies" were in the news a bit. The area had such a buoyant "night time economy" due to bankers seeking out coke and hookers I suppose?

They were Blanch

They were Blanch
    Oh right, thought they were Crumlin/Walkinstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Dodge wrote: »
    What type of hookers do you normally bring home to you mother?

Male ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement