Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Going to record tonight event, can't do 2 late nights in a row

Speaking off late nights, what's everyone's plan for staying awake till 6am?

Alcohol?
    Power naps?

Lightweight... :p

Adreneline, excitement and hype for the whole main card from start to finish. Staying awake for this one wont be an issue at all. If you feel you will struggle then why not stay up tonight to adjust and sleep on tomorrow and get up nice and fresh in the afternoon so staying up late wont be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Azrel

Aldo via Decision
    How much do people normally drink during a PPV event? I've never drank for one, I'd drink for matches as they're only 90 mins-2 hours. I think if I was drinking for this I'd be smashed by the main event and it'd be wasted on me. What's the advice for pacing myself here? Planning on watching the full main card.

10 pints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'm meant to be on a local 12 pubs tomorrow so think I'll join at pub 5 at about 8pm, should be able to pace myself til 6am from there. Adrenaline is the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

McGregor via Decision
    Ah lads, the Irish making a show of themselves at the Holly Holm Q&A. It's embarrassing. Live for the world to see!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Aldo via Decision
    Azrel wrote: »
    10 pints

Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think Aldo will win he was great he the 94 world cup when he came on to score against Mexico. I hope he beats the guy with Americanisms and fake American robotic accent.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

McGregor via Decision
    irish idiots shaming us live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzZPKZS1_Fc#t=957

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor via Decision
    OmegaRed wrote: »
    Ah lads, the Irish making a show of themselves at the Holly Holm Q&A. It's embarrassing. Live for the world to see!!!

Haven't been watching, what are they doing?

McGregor via Decision
    xtal191 wrote: »
    Haven't been watching, what are they doing?

Drunk AF and asking really stupid / the same questions that were just asked. Being a bit disrespectful to the ladies on stage too!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

McGregor via Decision
    bookies have McGregor as fav in a match that is too tight to call. I wonder are the bookies shortening the odds on Conor just because of the sheer volume of Irish money going on him? Be interesting to see what odds the big Brazilian bookmakers are giving, presumably Aldo is their fav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

McGregor via Decision
    jesus christ

Aldo via Submission
    froog wrote: »
    jesus christ

Couldn't watch more than 1 minute. Jaysus, dumb beyond your worst expectations. Holly and UFC presenter reduced to telling them to stop drinking and blocking them out.

Not cool at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Just got my free week fight pass :P
    Will this cover the fights tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Muahahaha wrote: »
    bookies have McGregor as fav in a match that is too tight to call. I wonder are the bookies shortening the odds on Conor just because of the sheer volume of Irish money going on him? Be interesting to see what odds the big Brazilian bookmakers are giving, presumably Aldo is their fav

It's not just Irish fans, when Vegas released the odds originally they had Conor fairly heavily favourite, they then will slide one way depending what way the moneys coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The free week only covers prelims I think for a PPV event. It probably has the TUF finale, don't think that's PPV is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

jebus.

McGregor via Decision

Nope. You'll get everything except the main card which you'll need to pay 18 quid for!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aldo via Submission
    Was able to watch two minute of that. Questions about Tinder and the freakiest thing she's done wtf. I guess they can't ban drunk people from asking questions or these things would only last a few minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

McGregor via Decision
    Setanta sports has a SD package and a HD package in their 'Subscribe now section' I wonder do I need to subscribe to the HD section if I'm already paying Sky for a HD Package?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor via Decision
    Holly is a great sport, easy going personality and lovely sense of humour :)

• Advertisement

McGregor via Decision
    jimmii wrote: »
    Was able to watch two minute of that. Questions about Tinder and the freakiest thing she's done wtf. I guess they can't ban drunk people from asking questions or these things would only last a few minutes!

The freaky question came from a non Irish person... thank god.

And the lads in the shirts were kinda funny....

McGregor via Decision
    Amazingfun wrote: »
    Holly is a great sport, easy going personality and lovely sense of humour :)

Shes taking it well. fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Aldo via Decision
    Aah lads some of them are awful muppets.

Over do the Ole Ole much ?

McGregor via Decision
    There is actually some right maggot right up the front by the mike just shouting random McGregor sound bites... really embarrassing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Alcohol? Power naps?

Amphetamines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

McGregor via Submission
    Setanta sports has a SD package and a HD package in their 'Subscribe now section' I wonder do I need to subscribe to the HD section if I'm already paying Sky for a HD Package?

I don't have a Sky HD subscription and got all the BT & Setanta channels in HD, was a while back when I signed up though so not too sure if it was an offer or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aldo via Submission
    OmegaRed wrote: »
    There is actually some right maggot right up the front by the mike just shouting random McGregor sound bites... really embarrassing!

How else would everyone know how big a fan there were if they didn't do that! Do the guy happen to have a beard and a McGregor haircut? He probably wears compression shorts to bed.

McGregor via Decision
    jimmii wrote: »
    How else would everyone know how big a fan there were if they didn't do that! Do the guy happen to have a beard and a McGregor haircut?

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭clsmooth

'F**k ISIS'

This is bizaare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    This is just embarrasing. drunk irish

Advertisement