Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I'd love to name the kid Jose for the craic anyway. Imagine a pasty white irish kid called Jose. :D

Well with a father called E GUAPO! it's not too shocking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

That_Guy wrote: »
    Looking through flights/hotels and packages. Ideally would like to do the Thursday-Monday.

One package (flight + MGM Grand hotel) was quoting me €1,200. Was also looking at Harrah's. Cheaper and is 30 minutes from MGM Grand.

I'm sure there's a lot cheaper so any experienced Vegas travellers care to shed some light?

I'm seeing can I get a contact to sort flights but if not some of then seem to be €800+, big Jump up from the €560 in may. I booked a room in the MGM for the week as soon as he announced it, it's pricey enough but it's class staying there on fight week when they're all floating around we got chatting with nearly everyone at 175 so the extra money is worth the experience. Alternatively hoooters is probably the cheapest and closest you'll get...you really don't want to be 30 mins away from the strip...I know it might be abit cheaper but trust me you'll be glad when you get there :)

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I booked through Expedia, Dublin to Vegas via London, €840. My mate is flying down from Canada and we're staying in the Luxor for 5 nights for €370.

Think that's the same one I was looking at..flying out the 7th and back the 12th with aer lingus/virgin?

wardiaz wrote: »
    seems cheap enough 6 nights in mgm working out at 1100 each.

You staying in the penthouse?? :) booked a double delux suite for the 5 nights and only came to €850 between us?? And that's taking into account those stupid taxes the Americans like to put in everything!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 wardiaz

johnpro wrote: »
    You staying in the penthouse?? :) booked a double delux suite for the 5 nights and only came to €850 between us?? And that's taking into account those stupid taxes the Americans like to put in everything!

In the mgm? what site did you use? flying from london?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Question re: tickets lads

I know Fight Club presale enables you to buy upto 8 tickets right.....what way does that work, could you buy say 2 tickets in one section & 4 in another or is that password only useable once despite how many tickets you buy?

Asking because Im thinkng of chipping in with a lad on a membership & not sure if everyone in our group is willing to pay big for decent tkts whereas some of us will

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

Iv been to Vegas so here's a few tips. :)

Fly into LAX (LA) and get the bus to Vegas. Flights are €150-€200 cheaper and the bus is only about €50 return. Its about a 4hr journey and its a huge bus with plugs at the seats to charge your phone , free (good) wifi and will stop half way for a 30 min break for food/cig break ect

When booking a hotel don't forget the resort fee and the taxes , some sites include one or the other but rarely both. There are so many hotels on the strip so if your looking cheap and cheerful for example book The Flamingo , reviews are not great but not very bad either. Its only about a 15/20 min walk to the MGM but your walking down the strip so your be too busy looking around and youll be there in no time. Personally myself , if I were going id stay in the MGM as said , the buzz will be good with all the fighters around.

7th - 14th in The MGM atm including all taxes and charges is only €890. Not bad for a week. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If you want a cheap Hotel the Travelodge is about a 5min walk to MGM and is €333 from the 7th-14th...

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭therickster

It's my partners Birthday the 10th July, not sure she'd want to spend it at the McGregor fight! Would love to go over alright...

Heart obviously wants McGregor win, head tells me Aldo will win it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

It's my partners Birthday the 10th July, not sure she'd want to spend it at the McGregor fight! Would love to go over alright...

Heart obviously wants McGregor win, head tells me Aldo will win it!

Mention nothing about the fight but surprise her with a trip to Vegas for her "birthday". Then while you're there "sure ye may aswell catch a fight".
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

I'm heading over with my hubby, its my 30th on the 12th. Could think of worse ways to spend my birthday! Fair expensive tho 2k for 3 nights! Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭therickster

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Mention nothing about the fight but surprise her with a trip to Vegas for her "birthday". Then while you're there "sure ye may aswell catch a fight".
    :pac:

She knows, bit of a casual fan..watches the Irish lads fight and few others like Jones...

Would love to go but not at the prices quoted! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

I reckon the cheapest way to do it is to get a group going, hire a house and a car and make a holiday of it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,183 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

johnpro wrote: »
    Think that's the same one I was looking at..flying out the 7th and back the 12th with aer lingus/virgin?

That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Thinking of heading over for this, but never bought tickets before. What's the best way? i know they're not on sale yet, but do they just go on sale in one location, or do they appear on multiple websites? Any tips appreciated, just want to make sure I get 2!

Thinking of heading over for this, but never bought tickets before. What's the best way? i know they're not on sale yet, but do they just go on sale in one location, or do they appear on multiple websites? Any tips appreciated, just want to make sure I get 2!

They'll be on ticketmaster only.

My advice is to have a maximum budget in mind and be prepared to go to that limit.

Cheap seats sell damn fast and the price brackets are steep. I tried to get $100 seats for UFC 100 and ended up paying $300 because the 100 and 200 sold too quick on me. Probably less demand on this one as UFC 100 had Lesnar and GSP involved but still be prepared to go a step higher than planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

They'll be on ticketmaster only.

My advice is to have a maximum budget in mind and be prepared to go to that limit.

Cheap seats sell damn fast and the price brackets are steep. I tried to get $100 seats for UFC 100 and ended up paying $300 because the 100 and 200 sold too quick on me. Probably less demand on this one as UFC 100 had Lesnar and GSP involved but still be prepared to go a step higher than planned.

Thought that might happen. Do they usually sell out in minutes, or a good chance of getting?

Thought that might happen. Do they usually sell out in minutes, or a good chance of getting?

Highly doubt that the event will sell out in minutes, but the cheap seats probably will.

Wasn't there over a thousand travelled from Ireland to his last Vegas fight? Can only imagine that it will be much higher than that with a title on the line. I'm sure I'll get tickets, but I'm prepared for the likelihood that I'll have to pay silly money.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

When do ye reckon they will be on sale on ticketmaster? Is the fight pass option worth it ,75 dollars then have pre sale access , but no indication of when the tickets for Aldo v McGregor will go on presale . If anyone could shed some light on when the tickets will be available with both these options would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Senor Frog wrote: »
    When do ye reckon they will be on sale on ticketmaster? Is the fight pass option worth it ,75 dollars then have pre sale access , but no indication of when the tickets for Aldo v McGregor will go on presale . If anyone could shed some light on when the tickets will be available with both these options would be much appreciated!

Tickets usually go on sale around 2 months before the event. UFC178 tickets went on sale August 6th and the event was September 27th to give you an idea. You want Fight Club not Fight Pass for presale and it can be worth it since you get 3 shots at getting tickets if you have Fight Club, Newsletter presale and General sale then to try buy.

• Advertisement

ciano316 wrote: »
    Tickets usually go on sale around 2 months before the event. UFC178 tickets went on sale August 6th and the event was September 27th to give you an idea. You want Fight Club not Fight Pass for presale and it can be worth it since you get 3 shots at getting tickets if you have Fight Club, Newsletter presale and General sale then to try buy.

Thanks for the reply. How far in advance will the fight club tickets be on pre-sale over the standard release? Am I correct in it being a once off fee of 75 to join the fight club?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Senor Frog wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. How far in advance will the fight club tickets be on pre-sale over the standard release? Am I correct in it being a once off fee of 75 to join the fight club?
    Typically it goes;

Fight club presale: Tuesday
    Newsletter presale: Wednesday
    Public Sale:Thursday

It's $75 per year, not exactly a once off payment.

Mellor wrote: »
    Typically it goes;

Fight club presale: Tuesday
    Newsletter presale: Wednesday
    Public Sale:Thursday

It's $75 per year, not exactly a once off payment.

That's great thanks for the info. Think I'll fork out for the fight club to have the best chance of getting tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Bday is July 11th and the wife has MGM booked Tue-Sun, haven't flights booked yet, MGM is fully refundable I believe. When are tickets going on Sale?

To Fightpass or not that is the question.

For those coming back on the Sunday, don't forget that there is a Fight Night event on the Sunday evening and the tickets for that will be much cheaper.

I'm flying back on the Monday.

PS, I suspect that there's going to be a lot of confused people signing up to Fight Pass and wondering why they can't get early access to tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

For those coming back on the Sunday, don't forget that there is a Fight Night event on the Sunday evening and the tickets for that will be much cheaper.

I'm flying back on the Monday.

Looking at that too. Be one hell of a fight weekend if they throw in a few Irish fighters on the Sunday card.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Looking at that too. Be one hell of a fight weekend if they throw in a few Irish fighters on the Sunday card.

I expect they will.

McGregor, Parke, Seery, Pendred, Holohan, Daly all could be involved. Gunnar Nelson too and even Redmond .

Ps, how fantastic is it that we have all those fighters representing this little island in the UFC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

I expect they will.

McGregor, Parke, Seery, Pendred, Holohan, Daly all could be involved. Gunnar Nelson too and even Redmond .

Ps, how fantastic is it that we have all those fighters representing this little island in the UFC?
    Duffy aswell. More potential than all those mentioned bar Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'd be surprised if there were many other Irish fighters on the 189 card, or the fight night. It made sense for UFC Dublin and Boston, but I don't see why they'd get preference here. Maybe Gunni as he's due a match up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement