Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what group/unit/troop?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

Hey there!

New(ish) to Boards, but thought I would give my woggles worth!

I was a Brownie, Guide and Ranger (Celbridge IGG) and now after a huge gap, am back as a Guide Leader in Sallins (IGG).

Just back since Monday after a brilliant trip in Austria with Jeka Holidays.

Was looking at pictures of Camp Cairde 1996 in Ballyfin the other week, fond memories... looking forward to International Camp in 2012........

I forgot how much you gain from being involved in Guides/Scouts, and Im kind of raging I had that 10 year gap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Just found this now,

I'm currently a scout leader with the 153rd Lusk Group, been in it all the way up from beavers

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

I was a guide, Ranger, Young Leader with Hilltown & River Valley IGG. After many years away am now training as an assistant leader with St Finians IGG (Brownies) we're setting up a guide unit in January - can't wait for it.

I think it's fantastic that there's so many who come back to guiding/scouting after many years away.

dib dib dib :D

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Im in 8th wicklow blessington scouts group :)

Ive been a Cub and Scout and now i am a Senior Scout Patrol Leader until I turn 15 in July, then ill be a venture :):) Cant wait :)

My group is relatively new, it only started up about 5 years ago, ive been in it since the beginning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

22nd Dublin (Sutton) - MAFIKENG! Im sure you know us.....

Beaver,Cub,Scout,Venturer,Scout Leader.

Our last summer event in 2010 was kisc [Kandersteg] Best place ever.... go there!
    Bring on 2011 events! (we focus on 2 big ones Easter and Summer) And of course lots of other smaller events!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 sparky20203

I had a feeling there was a scouting forum on here somewhere! I'm in 158th Castleview, Dublin. I'm a leader now, but have been involved in the unit since is was 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

137th Balally: beavers, cubs scouts

1st Wicklow Greystones: scouts and ventures

Been in scouting since I was 6

• Registered Users Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Morphéus wrote: »
    I was in amalgamated 34th/161st balbriggan waaaaay back.

I was a beaver, cub, scout and then venturer!

made it to a few melvins and also to the 93 ballyfin and 94 luxembourg jamborees!!!

Not sure how I came across this post. I was in Luxembourg too, still have the Luxembourg sweatshirt somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 garretty6

im at 168th tymon north
    been here since beavers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 garretty6

i have been on

1x Phoenix
    2x Shields
    3x Elements Challenges

i competed in the Phoenix 2011
    best experience of my life :)

heres a pic of the necko i got and my troop necko

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

my days was the regional shield and the to the melvin. . . . . . dont like the way it is now ,i miss the c.s.i tbh :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 era030708

I never went to either girlguides or scouts as a child, but joined as a leader with my daughter last Sptember, she's loving it and should be swimming up to cubs this year.

I'm staying on as a Beaver leader, might help out if I can with cubs too, we're in 5th Kildare Clane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scoutinglady

4th Leitrim
    Was a scout and venturer now scout section leader!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Name: Adam Doherty
    Group: 48th Newtownpark

Cub -> Scout -> Venture -> Scout Leader -> Beaver/Scout Leader -> Beaver/Cub/Scout Leader

Funny that, I have a brother called Adam who was also a leader in the 48th, one of three brothers who went through the ranks of the 48th. Myself, I was a cub, scout, then cub leader for about 4 years. I missed many a European game on a Wednesday night to attend cubs as a leader!

I will get back into it some day, maybe when my kids are old enough to go, assuming they want to...

I firmly believe that Scouting is a great foundation for any kid to learn teamwork, discipline, individual skills and leadership. You learn to fend for yourself, but also that you can rely on others. It gets kids out of the house, away from the games machine, without the need for sporting prowess that is usually a part of youth activities...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

I've just come across this Forum.

Scouting was at the core of my boyhood. I was with the 26th. Dublin which was based in Claude Road, Drumcondra.

I went all the way from Cubs to Unit (now Group?) Leader. One of my brothers was Scout Master and the other Cub Master. From reading posts here it seems that "Master" has now been re-designated by "Leader".

For annual camps we used to hire a furniture removal lorry and we would all pile into the back with our gear. I throughly enjoyed it and cherish the memories.

Only one of children took any interest in scouting and she became a leader in Harrington Street.

My scouting years were the 1950s and 60s. I don't have any photographs of the time but would very much like copies if anybody should have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭s14barnes

was a beaver and cub leader in 59th Johnstown Dublin.. been involved for the past 14 years
    moved to Kilmacud now to be a cub leader..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

oooh, missed this thread...

For the record;
    Cubs & Scouts - 11th Galway, Moycullen

Currently ASL (soon to be SL) of 81st Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

ASL 7th De La Salle Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

moose3844 wrote: »
    ASL 7th De La Salle Waterford

Congrats on the Phoenix. Did I meet you at it? First in the queue for dinner by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Orion wrote: »
    Congrats on the Phoenix. Did I meet you at it? First in the queue for dinner by any chance?

You did indeed, Not only at dinner but at lunch also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 MsBradley

Im a venturer In 16th Kildare! Hopefully starting up in rovar and going to be a beaver/cub leader :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

105th Cork Glanworth :) Did scouts and ventures, just turned 18 so I'm now a Rover and hopefully leader once this damned Leaving is over with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

Currently a leader in 1st Kildare / 10th Leixlip - Beavers & Scouts

It's only an hour a week :pac:

Stage 3 of my Wood Badge training done and hoping to get stage 4 done in the spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

While on here I'm looking for anyone who still has the old service stars?
    They were given out in CBSI a yellow star for 1 years service and a red star for 5 years.

Don't suppose anyone has any they don't want?

YIS
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 7 olymoly

Oh how cool is this? I never came across a scouts thread in a forum (I guess I have been to the wrong forums so far…)

I am from Scouts Leader from Austria/Vienna. Been in my group (36) since 16 years soon 😊. But my parents have already been leaders  when they were young, so I grew up with this more or less. 

Advertisement