Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish bloggers..the truth coming out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What idiot thought people reviewing free stuff would give us honest reviews. Their only qualifications being theor looks or the fact they pretend struggle with yhe same issues as the idiots watching them.

And now they play up to teenagers claiming sexism or some plop to give their fams a cause to fight.

Fools and their money are easily parted, tv shows used to tell idiots what they needed to buy. The products from the companies who paid the tv shows. Its just a new way to take money from idiots.
    All true but their are rules around them that should be followed. If they aren't marking posts correctly I would report away personally.
    Btw I don't follow influencers on instagram, I follow dogs that's about the height of it.

Tripe. Utter tripe.

Not in my experience. As a man, I rarely ever hear other men critiquing women. Most don't pass any remarks.

Anytime I'm with women though, it's a massive bitch-fest about surrounding women, including people who are (apparently) friends of the person giving out about them. It's 99% of the time, in my experience, women mocking other women.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Lads, are you seriously saying that a man posted this:

“I used to follow her at the beginning when she did hauls etc, she was much more relatable, not at all anymore. My feeling is that she's very fake and a lot of it is an act, I do not like the boyfriend at all, seriously bad vibes from him. Pity, she was great.”

Or this:

“Oh Jesus those knockoff bags, can’t believe people are allowed to promote stuff that’s clearly a knockoff. You can tell it’s cheap tatt you’d find down a market somewhere”

Sure look, it's a given that we are all angry knuckle draggers with a dash of incel tapping away on the keys :rolleyes:

So Johnny says anyways.

I'm sick of men complaining and whining about stuff on the internet.

How about men shut up and keep their opinions to themselves when it comes to what women do or say?

Am I right?

(Thought experiment for you.... Switch the genders in the above.... Still men who are in the wrong isn't it? Funny that)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Nothing like a bit of aul patriarchy and misogyny.

If it wasnt for the wimmins der wud b more uv it.

"Angry Men Unite", we should get t-shirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That’s absolute rubbish. People, both sexes, are slated if they’re terrible. The way it’s always been.
    Exactly.

I'm a woman and I think that vapid, vacuous people who promote a product or service to the gullible, for the sole purpose of receiving freebies, should be called out, regardless of gender.

It's an ugly side of the Internet, and these people consider themselves celebrities. Influencers my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Exactly.

I'm a woman and I think that vapid, vacuous people who promote a product or service to the gullible, for the sole purpose of receiving freebies, should be called out, regardless of gender.

It's an ugly side of the Internet, and these people consider themselves celebrities. Influencers my arse.

Its not a men v women thing its a low IQ versus normal IQ thing.

Its not a men v women thing its a low IQ versus normal IQ thing.

Read back, there's a lot of claims of misogyny and the mythical "angry men".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Read back, there's a lot of claims of misogyny and the mythical "angry men".

From the people with the low IQ.

From the people with the low IQ.

You might have a point! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Omackeral wrote: »
    JohnnyFlash just loves saying ''angry men'' over and over again and has a little tickle in his belly when EmmetSpiceland thanks it, which is always.

It's a gimmick at this stage.

Don't forget Shinners. These lads have lost all sense of meaning to their words and phrases. Like American right wing characters on Fox News that use words like the extreme left, liberal and ANTIFA so regularly that everyone that disagrees or challenges them are labelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Ok, haven't read all the posts. But I'm curious to know why are people infatuated with some bloggers? ( can somebody name a blogger of hand).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Influencer's, what a bunch of dull people.

My partner calls them gannets, I can't figure out why ???

Then you've the superficial type of male influencer's, usually more than likely bisexual clossested guy's who are white Knights and creepy...

Absolute knobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

smurgen wrote: »
    Don't forget Shinners. These lads have lost all sense of meaning to their words and phrases. Like American right wing characters on Fox News that use words like the extreme left, liberal and ANTIFA so regularly that everyone that disagrees or challenges them are labelled.

Bit like people using alt right and racist then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I unollowed one recently. In fairness she is stunning but she was preaching about mental health in her stories, and then put up an inspirational quote and then subtly advertised a skincare product in her stories shortly after.

That didn't sit right with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Kylta wrote: »
    Ok, haven't read all the posts. But I'm curious to know why are people infatuated with some bloggers? ( can somebody name a blogger of hand).

I wouldn’t know the name of one of them either. There seems to be men who follow bloggers, Instagram influencers, and twitter personalities they absolutely despise just so they can be angry about what they are getting up to. Fricking weird behaviour. Go read a book or something, dudes.

Kylta wrote: »

Irish archaelogly have a good blog......some v.good,well researched blogs out there on niche enough subjects aswell

I wouldn’t know the name of one of them either. There seems to be men who follow bloggers, Instagram influencers, and twitter personalities they absolutely despise just so they can be angry about what they are getting up to. Fricking weird behaviour. Go read a book or something, dudes.

Lots of “angry men” it seems.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I unollowed one recently. In fairness she is stunning but she was preaching about mental health in her stories, and then put up an inspirational quote and then subtly advertised a skincare product in her stories shortly after.

I don't know, or follow, any bloggers, but that's clearly an attempt to appear socially aware and right on with topical issues, while the real agenda is to flog products to keep the gravy train on track.

It's actually sad that someone pursues this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What’s the issue? I presume these people are allowed talk about more than one thing, while also promoting the products that get them paid. It’s not an all or nothing thing. You can care about mental health, and also care about making a few shillings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

What’s the issue? I presume these people are allowed talk about more than one thing, while also promoting the products that get them paid. It’s not an all or nothing thing. You can care about mental health, and also care about making a few shillings.

Of course it’s fine for a man to hold multiple interests but if a woman switches from talking about her mental health issues to beauty products she’s seen as shallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Of course it’s fine for a man to hold multiple interests but if a woman switches from talking about her mental health issues to beauty products she’s seen as shallow.

Depends on the context of the video which could be seen as click bait.

I don't know, or follow, any bloggers, but that's clearly an attempt to appear socially aware and right on with topical issues, while the real agenda is to flog products to keep the gravy train on track.

It's actually sad that someone pursues this.

I think many followers are unfortunately drawn in by the topical issues as the influencer is projecting to have all the answers to their insecurities and the follower ultimately becomes tricked in the end by clever immoral marketing. This is by the influencer and their personal "brand" but also by the product itself. Influencer is also being fuelled by the affirmation they receive.

It's a vicious feedback loop of insecurity on all sides.

Whatever about it, there is mammoth money to be made, that's for sure.

Surely its just deceitful.....luring people in talking about x,y and z....when really you just wanna flog em shìte

Though this is everybit as big an issue with larger companies too.....

piggy backing off popular/protest movements to cynically make money,is everything that is wrong with modern business practice imo

There is no issue if it was stated as being a sponsored post which it wasn't.

Otherwise the whole thing is disengenious off the back of a very serious topical item.

Thats the issue.

Way to shoe horn you sad agenda into every post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

What ever happened that forum on here that was set up to specifically discuss these issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Way to shoe horn you sad agenda into every post.
    The only person with an "agenda" is you following up all of my posts with some sly comment. Dont like what you see, buster? The truth hurts. ;)

There is no issue if it was stated as being a sponsored post which it wasn't.

Otherwise the whole thing is disengenious off the back of a very serious topical item.

Thats the issue.

I think some people are being deliberately contrary and white-knighty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I think some people are being deliberately contrary and white-knighty.

Ya think? It's hard to believe half the posts here are in any way serious, and the rest of us are just as bad engaging with it...

Advertisement