Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020 - British Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ferrari off to a nightmare start for the weekend. Vettel has a problem with his car and out of FP1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

It's funny how much excitement Hulkenberg's return has injected into the season considering he's only been away for three races. Actually looking forward to the race now where I really wasn't before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

skipper_G wrote: »
    Both Alfas with spins, Kimi took a trip into the gravel and Giovanazzi wrecked his tyres and left pieces of his floor all over the track from the vibrations.

Elsewhere Vettel is out of FP1, problem with the intercooler

He left pieces of his floor all over the track because he drove it back too fast.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

AMKC wrote: »
    He left pieces of his floor all over the track because he drove it back too fast.

Yeah it was totally unnecessary

Hulk said his ass doesn't fit in the car properly! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Good morning folks. I'm just taking in the news about Perez this morning.

Now that Perez has got Covid-19 with being the 1st ever F1 driver to get infected. I think this news places a lot of context into how other drivers have to mind themselves with strict precision when they are not out racing for their teams out on the track. They should know by now that if other drivers wanted to take risks to their health; there will be further consequences in heightening the risks of getting Covid on themselves & on others.

It should be a wake up call in terms of looking after their health for themselves & for their families.

The rules are there for a big reason. At times like this when you are out competing as a F1 driver; you cannot be seen to be making lapses in your judgement when your health should be a number one priority. If they have an important job of maintaining their health; they should be out there following the Covid-19 rules set out by the FIA otherwise they could land themselves in big trouble in not getting the opportunity to be out racing for their teams at a F1 weekend.

Perez is not going to be racing for 2 race weekends at Silverstone this year. This was not supposed to be in the script as he has now handed Hulkenberg the opportunity to get 2 potential podiums for RP within the next two weekends.

LeClerc got himself in hot water recently when he got caught out with partying with friends in Monaco without wearing a face mask. He was outside out of his bubble when he did it & he shouldn't have done it. He got tested for it straight away & got a negative result out of his activity. He got lucky with getting a warning from the FIA about his activity in Monaco. He is now in a great position with himself out racing at Silverstone for this weekend & next weekend. Lucky him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Hulk said his ass doesn't fit in the car properly! :)

Could be worse, Nigel Mansell didn't fit in the car at all when he moved to McLaren. And he was a main driver :pac:

Ms

One of the McLaren mechanics having a bit of an off day. Walked onto the side of whatever that was on the front wing. That hurt I would say.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

Good morning folks. I'm just taking in the news about Perez this morning.

Now that Perez has got Covid-19 with being the F1 driver to get infected. I think this news places a lot of context into how other drivers have to mind themselves with strict precision when they are not out racing for their teams out on the track. They should know by now that if other drivers wanted to take risks to their health; there will be further consequences in heightening the risks of getting Covid on themselves & on others.

It should be a wake up call in terms of looking after their health for themselves & for their families.

The rules are there for a big reason. At times like this when you are out competing as a F1 driver; you cannot be seen to be making lapses in your judgement when your health should be a number one priority. If they have an important job of maintaining their health; they should be out there following the Covid-19 rules set out by the FIA otherwise they could land themselves in big trouble in not getting the opportunity to be out racing for their teams at a F1 weekend.

Perez is not going to be racing for 2 race weekends at Silverstone this year. This was not supposed to be in the script as he has now handed Hulkenberg the opportunity to get 2 potential podiums for RP within the next two weekends.

LeClerc got himself in hot water recently when he got caught out with partying with friends in Monaco without wearing a face mask. He was outside out of his bubble when he did it & he shouldn't have done it. He got tested for it straight away & got a negative result out of his activity. He got lucky with getting a warning from the FIA about his activity in Monaco. He is now in a great position with himself out racing at Silverstone for this weekend & next weekend. Lucky him.

Yeah, it does make you wonder, it could easily happen to more participants over the course of the season if they're not careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,938 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm still amazed Leclerc and Bottas didnt get a race ban after their shenanigans. Would have sent out a zero tolerance message straight away.

• Advertisement
    Ms

I do not think what Perez done was because he was been stupid or doing something like a party. He went to see a family member that is not well and got unlucky somewhere along the way.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I do not think what Perez done was because he was been stupid or doing something like a party. He went to see a family member that is not well and got unlucky somewhere along the way.

I thought there was photos of him with fans?

There are pictures of him with some fans in a restaurant in Mexico. He also went to Sardinia with his family last weekend - his wife had pictures of them on Instagram but deleted them after the news broke of his positive test yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,938 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Great by Lando NORRIs

EeQHlFBWkAEhMhM?format=png&name=medium

Ms

Well it looks like Red Bull and Renault might hopefully do ok here.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Joeface

Decent Mix up at the front for FP1 but lots of sand bagging as the Pole time last year was in the 1m25s .

Pos Driver Car Gap
    1 Max Verstappen Red Bull/Honda 1m27.422s
    2 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 0.474s
    3 Lance Stroll Racing Point/Mercedes 0.582s
    4 Alexander Albon Red Bull/Honda 0.707s
    5 Charles Leclerc Ferrari 0.799s
    6 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 1.097s
    7 Esteban Ocon Renault 1.137s
    8 Daniel Ricciardo Renault 1.153s
    9 Nico Hulkenberg Racing Point/Mercedes 1.170s
    10 Daniil Kvyat AlphaTauri/Honda 1.446s
    11 Pierre Gasly AlphaTauri/Honda 1.487s
    12 Carlos Sainz Jr. McLaren/Renault 1.566s
    13 Lando Norris McLaren/Renault 1.568s
    14 Kevin Magnussen Haas/Ferrari 2.110s
    15 Romain Grosjean Haas/Ferrari 2.154s
    16 Kimi Raikkonen Alfa Romeo/Ferrari 2.324s
    17 George Russell Williams/Mercedes 2.477s
    18 Antonio Giovinazzi Alfa Romeo/Ferrari 2.503s
    19 Nicholas Latifi Williams/Mercedes 3.281s
    20 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari -

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Anyone with links to photos of Perez with fans or in Italy? Or is it just hearsay?

He was summoned to the stewards and given a warning for it.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/giovinazzi-warning-british-gp-practice/4846913/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It's going to take a mammoth effort from the Hulk to get up to speed over 3 Practice sessions and qualifying. Much as I love him as a driver, he is definitely up against it this weekend.

Ricciardo has done 1:30.518 on the hard tyres just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I love the Maggots-Becketts-Chapel section.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Good showing by the Hulk so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Imagine Hulk gets his podium over the next 2 weekends, the scenes of joy

Then the Renault appeal is successful and all results for the season are wiped off

It’s unlikely but man would be it cruel

I think for the second Silverstone race he's more likely to do better, having had a week to acclimatize

Wow. Alex Albion done a brilliant lap time there with a 1:27.364.

Wow. Alex Albion done a brilliant lap time there with a 1:27.364.
    There's a first time for everything I suppose

Mechanics under Vettel's car again. All sorts of problems.

Albon in the barrier! Red flag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ooops Albono stacks it and makes shíte of his car!

Advertisement