Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taking Quantum 70 into my own hands

• 28-07-2020 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I've just bought a property with a HKC Quantum 70 system installed. It works, but has a comms (rf?) issue and the best offer I've had to resolve it would set me back a ton.
    Because of this, I want to factory reset it and start again; set up sensors, add new ones etc. My dad and I are (if I do say so myself) pretty tech savvy and have done similar things before, but never with a system like this. I'm hoping you lovely experts on here can help me to get started with my master plan.
    In terms of what I have, I have the paperwork to say it was installed by a certified person, a fob and the user code. I've also found both the user and engineer manuals online.

Question time!

1. I don't have an engineer code, and the original installer changed it - don't worry, I'm not asking for anyone to give me one. Is it possible to reset the unit to factory settings without a code, and if so, how?
    If not, will I have to go to the original installer or would another engineer be able to do it?

2. Are these types of alarms compatible with non-HKC wireless sensors?

3. Is it possible to set it up to send me messages without being linked to a maintenance company? If so, how?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi all,
    I've just bought a property with a HKC Quantum 70 system installed. It works, but has a comms (rf?) issue and the best offer I've had to resolve it would set me back a ton.
    Because of this, I want to factory reset it and start again; set up sensors, add new ones etc. My dad and I are (if I do say so myself) pretty tech savvy and have done similar things before, but never with a system like this. I'm hoping you lovely experts on here can help me to get started with my master plan.
    In terms of what I have, I have the paperwork to say it was installed by a certified person, a fob and the user code. I've also found both the user and engineer manuals online.

Question time!

1. I don't have an engineer code, and the original installer changed it - don't worry, I'm not asking for anyone to give me one. Is it possible to reset the unit to factory settings without a code, and if so, how?
    If not, will I have to go to the original installer or would another engineer be able to do it?

2. Are these types of alarms compatible with non-HKC wireless sensors?

3. Is it possible to set it up to send me messages without being linked to a maintenance company? If so, how?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer advice!

You could try just default the codes.
    Down power system, battery and mains, remove JP1 factory link.
    Power back up on mains or battery.
    If factory locked comes up you will need to engage with original installer or use another company to default and set back up.
    Also ask them to give you engineer code once done.
    If not locked it will ask you what to default so use the # to scroll to user codes and press yes. This will keep all other settings in place. Codes will be back to default.

Depending on software version you can add a GSM/WIFI or if you check out adverts maybe a GSM-Q to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Purplephoenix

altor wrote: »
    You could try just default the codes.
    Down power system, battery and mains, remove JP1 factory link.
    Power back up on mains or battery.
    If factory locked comes up you will need to engage with original installer or use another company to default and set back up.
    Also ask them to give you engineer code once done.
    If not locked it will ask you what to default so use the # to scroll to user codes and press yes. This will keep all other settings in place. Codes will be back to default.

Depending on software version you can add a GSM/WIFI or if you check out adverts maybe a GSM-Q to the system.

Hi Altor,
    I'll give that a go tomorrow and report back; thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Purplephoenix

Hi Altor,
    I'll give that a go tomorrow and report back; thanks!

Hi guys,
    Tried a reset but it's locked. Is the only option to contact the original installer?
    Thanks

Advertisement