Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Genesis @ 3Arena 16 November 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rescheduled once again to Wednesday 15th September 2021 and Thursday 16th September 2021. Open nights of the tour again

Tickets originally booked for Thursday the 15th of April 2021 will now be valid for Wednesday the 15th of September 2021.

Tickets originally booked for Friday the 16th of April 2021 will now be valid for Thursday the 16th of September 2021.

Gigs very much up in the air as there scheduled for mid September

Me thinks If the UK shows can go ahead at full capacity and Dublin can't then the Dublin shows will be cancelled simple as (public health advice will be the clause in the contract for the cancellation)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭speedbird834

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Gigs very much up in the air as there scheduled for mid September

Me thinks If the UK shows can go ahead at full capacity and Dublin can't then the Dublin shows will be cancelled simple as (public health advice will be the clause in the contract for the cancellation)

Without a doubt. Ireland will just get cancelled if they can still go ahead with UK and North America. Too early to say how likely the UK dates are at this point. Cases creeping up there again now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

vast majority should have been vaccinated by then, when do they have to make a decision I wonder?

loyatemu wrote: »
    vast majority should have been vaccinated by then, when do they have to make a decision I wonder?

Mid summer I'd say

I'll be over the moon if this goes ahead as scheduled in Dublin

• Advertisement

The line of 'the compilation will be released on 17th September in conjunction with the start of The Last Domino? Tour' is interesting

Sounds like Dublin shows will be cancelled/postponed and the tour may kick off in Belfast on the 18th Sep and do the UK arenas

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

It won't be happening. Genesis will long be retired by the time this country reopens for concerts. Leo let slip last week that nightclubs are a long way off from returning. Both gigs and nightclubs will return at the same time.

They refuse to talk about a live music roadback because they have no intention of opening up that sector for the foreseeable future. MM is just too cowardly to deal with the backlash. . Compared to other Euro states this government is outdated and trailing behind by decades. They still have that old catholic strict school master mentality. .

Looking there Erasure have swapped the Dublin gig to be part of a 2022 European leg with the UK dates going ahead this year as planned

Genesis could do similar. Have there gig in Birmingham as a back up. I'll be getting a refund for the Dublin gig. Quick flight across.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭fafy

Genesis now postponed, new dates too be confirmed

Yep very disappointing

Refund and head over to the UK for me now

• Advertisement

I’d say this will be cancelled, unless, they add it on to, after the 3 London O2 gigs in mid October. They have the US tour, in Nov/Dec, so its very unlikely to 2 standalone Dublin gigs after the US tour

Might be added to a 2022 European Arenas leg or something

I requested a refund and hopefully see them in the UK

My understanding is, TM won’t process a refund, until, the revised dates are announced.

Maybe this has changed ? But that was the way last year, when i requested a refund for a gig that was postponed, but dates were not announced until well after the initial postponement, at which time, i reapplied for a refund, and it was processed.

Got an email saying my refund has been processed

The bands social media accounts have no mention of the Dublin Postponement yet. Would like to know if the UK dates are going ahead as planned because flights are so cheap etc

The bands management remaining very quite

No mention on any social media channels about the Dublin postponement. Would like to know is the UK leg going ahead so I can plan etc

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jpb7

Have The Belfast Gigs been Prosponed???

Not yet

Hard to know will they postpone it because its the only scheduled trip across the irish Sea in this leg (with Dublins news dates TBC). They might add another Belfast show

Got my Dublin ticket refunded and bought one for Birmingham night 2. Be nice to get a trip away for the night.

I'll stay positive

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jpb7

Sounds like a great plan....

I Can't see Genesis returning after the US Tour...Phil Collins isn't as "Energetic" as he used to be ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I don't think the Glasgow dates can go ahead under current restrictions, they have to apply for a licence for events over 2k indoors in Scotland.

Probably reschedule the Irish and Scotland gigs for next year.

The band still haven't announced the postponment of the Dublin shows on any of there social media channels.

Reckon (and hoping) they will still do the English arena dates this year with the Dublin and Glasgow shows part of a 2022 European tour

• Advertisement

I requested a refund, at the weekend and received it yesterday. Might consider it again if rescheduled to next year

Belfast on the 18th September has been postponed

As it stands the tour will have 14 dates in England with 2 in Scotland. Kicking off on the 21st Sep in Birmingham

Won't be happy till I'm sitting in my seat in the arena on the 21st Sep

documentary about the tour coming up and clip also shows more rehearsal footage

production looks great, phils vocals a bit rusty and some songs been tuned down a key or 2 but looking forward to the tour regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ticket master says re the Dublin dates - postponed, dates announced soon. Anyone heard anything further?

Nope

If i was to guess id say the Dublin and Belfast will be part of a 2022 European leg of the tour. Looking at fan sites a lot of fans from Europe that cant travel to the UK due to travel restrictions. No reason why the band wont cash in on a European tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Collins looks in a heap, are they still wheeling him out on stage?

Advertisement