Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Genesis @ 3Arena 16 November 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

2nd Dublin date 17th November :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

17th has disappeared again.
    Ticketmaster are a shambles,should not be putting events on sale at 9am if most of the staff are still asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Is the 16th Sold Out?

Picked up x4 tickets for myself and parents at 9.01. Pricey :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Zardoz wrote: »
    17th has disappeared again.
    Ticketmaster are a shambles,should not be putting events on sale at 9am if most of the staff are still asleep.

It's on the app anyway

17th back working on website now.
    Managed to pick up 2 tickets at €69.50 each (in the gods), couldn't substantiate paying
    €200 a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Got flat seats for the second night. Very happy with that.
    They clearly jumped the gun listing it too early and then putting it up again.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I've decide against going, I don't think I'd want to see a half decrepit Phil Collins sat on a stool for 2 hrs tbh

okidoki987 wrote: »
    According to a friends brother, he said loads of people didn't know the tickets went general sale Monday and when they went into T/M on Friday saw there were only VIP for sale on there and assumed they had sold out!
    Looking at Viagogo, people have paid some insane prices for tickets on there if they are right, €750 for Flat seating, €600 for Block D, Block A €350. :eek:

Viagogo are truly evil.
    They pay Google to be top of searches for tickets ,so unwitting people get redirected there.

It would have said on Ticketmaster on Friday that general sale was today ,but alot of people unfortunately think Viagogo are an official site and they probably never even made it to Ticketmaster.
    Nobody should buy anything on Viagogo,their business practices are vile.

Got flat seats for the second night. Very happy with that.
    They clearly jumped the gun listing it too early and then putting it up again.

It was listed at about 9.15 but I got an error when trying to get tickets .
    I couldnt actually get tickets until around 9.45.
    Managed to get 2 flat seats in row A ,right bang in the middle after searching for 10 minutes.:)

The second night seems to be struggling .

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

okidoki987 wrote: »
    According to a friends brother, he said loads of people didn't know the tickets went general sale Monday and when they went into T/M on Friday saw there were only VIP for sale on there and assumed they had sold out!

TM had to make back lost revenue from the loss of seatwave.

This is their ploy-cut resale sites out of the picture and tout tickets directly on TM under the guise of 'vip', 'up close and personal' etc. Same seats at quadruple the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Got one of the "cheap" nosebleed seats up in the gods never been to the 3arena so don't know what the seat area is like. Might go for a Tuesday night ticket what is the extra date for Belfast ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Ikozma wrote: »
    I don't think I'd want to see a half decrepit Phil Collins sat on a stool for 2 hrs tbh

It'll cost him €200 if he wants to be near the stage :pac:

The second night seems to be struggling.

It'll be more a slow burner, but I expect it to be gone by the time of the gig. The same thing happened with Elton John's shows last summer: the second one was added and there was still good availability, even close to the time, but it did sell out, and ticket were comparable to Genesis. Plus, like Phil, he sits down all night. ;):):D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

When looking earlier there was 500+ tickets for the 2nd night and it's now down to 260.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭fafy

Was expecting a 2nd gig, was quite obvious after almost all the UK venues added another date.

So, wasn’t happy with the choice available on either the 1st gig :3 Presale, or the MCD presale, but a much better choice for the 2nd gig this morning, was going to go for €109.50, but felt they were just too far away, but eventually got 1 in section F row 11, for €159.50, don’t normally pay anywhere near that much, but its a one off and rare event.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Losendos

Got a ticket for the second night. It is one of the relatively cheap ones, high up, but that's fine.
    Starting to worry now about what they will play. As you might guess, I'm a fan of the A Trick Of The Tail era and I'm hoping for a decent selection from around that time.

Losendos wrote: »
    Got a ticket for the second night. It is one of the relatively cheap ones, high up, but that's fine.
    Starting to worry now about what they will play. As you might guess, I'm a fan of the A Trick Of The Tail era and I'm hoping for a decent selection from around that time.

A lot of it depends on what Phil can sing. I mean, Dance on a Volcano would be a very long shot, but Ripples is probably guaranteed, and I could see them doing Los Endos too, even without the double drums. Phil may like the idea of Nic getting to showcase his prowess on some of the seventies material.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Got tickets in P block. I was over in H for a UFC event and it wasn't great but a gig will be better I hope since I don't have to see them the whole time to enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Can't believe they didn't get Steve Hackett for the reunion. He was the one who always wanted a reunion!.

Anyway expect Genesis 'pop lite' version.

Doubt anything will be played from Selling England by the pound which is their best album by a mile. 70's their output was unreal, experimental, classical, skilled, progressive, amazing changes.

The prices for the tickets are insane, some €700 tickets on ticketmaster is utterly absurd.

Total and complete fleecing.

I hate this 'oh it's a once off thing' so we can charge whatever the hell we want.
    A concert is still just a concert.

Still going but know I'm getting the pop lite Genesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭fafy

Can't believe they didn't get Steve Hackett for the reunion. He was the one who always wanted a reunion!.

Anyway expect Genesis 'pop lite' version.

Thats been the lineup of Genesis for more than 40 years, since the late 70’s, so hardly a surprise Hacket, who hasn’t played with them since ‘77 ish, is not there. I am sure they will dip into the pre ‘80’s output, but not that often i would think.

• Advertisement

Viagogo are truly evil.
    They pay Google to be top of searches for tickets ,so unwitting people get redirected there.

It would have said on Ticketmaster on Friday that general sale was today ,but alot of people unfortunately think Viagogo are an official site and they probably never even made it to Ticketmaster.
    Nobody should buy anything on Viagogo,their business practices are vile.

Oh would harden up a little, people will exploit when something is in demand like this it's just life.

And anyway Ticketmaster are worse, they have tickets up for €700 'officially' priced tickets.

Ticketmaster tout like crazy then have the nerve to say don't use tout sites. The nerve of these priks beggars belief!.

TM had to make back lost revenue from the loss of seatwave.

This is their ploy-cut resale sites out of the picture and tout tickets directly on TM under the guise of 'vip', 'up close and personal' etc. Same seats at quadruple the price

Viagogo and co can't hold a candle to ticketmaster in ripping people off

Anyone who can't see the VIP packages are a rip off are away with the fairies.

fafy wrote: »
    Thats been the lineup of Genesis for more than 40 years, since the late 70’s, so hardly a surprise Hacket, who hasn’t played with them since ‘77 ish, is not there. I am sure they will dip into the pre ‘80’s output, but not that often i would think.

No doubt it.

Despite selling England by the pound being amazing it's a odd very non pop album

Many going won't have heard of songs like Dacning with the Moonlit Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

fafy wrote: »

they did quite a bit of the older stuff on their last reunion tour. Maybe they'll bring Hackett on as a guest on one of the UK dates (though I get the impression the others still hold his departure against him to some degree, so maybe not).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ticket already arrived dis morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

loyatemu wrote: »
    they did quite a bit of the older stuff on their last reunion tour. Maybe they'll bring Hackett on as a guest on one of the UK dates (though I get the impression the others still hold his departure against him to some degree, so maybe not).

Hackett is on tour at the same time and he is the one with bit of chip on shoulder its allways the 5 piece or 3 piece line up never 4 piece. Last time all 4 were on board and wanted Peter but when Peter said no Hackett was also dropped. Even the last documentary glossed over the 4 piece era of the band and Hacketts career.

It's sad but 4 piece line up doesn't get much praise or interest

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Steve Hackett's touring band is amazing. They put on a fantastic show at Vicar Street a couple of years ago.

Latest tour is a rework of "Seconds Out" the stunning 70s live album when they were a 4 piece.

Unfortunately I don't think they're coming to Ireland this time round. Still tickets and flights to a European or UK venue would be cheaper than some of Genesis ticket prices

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Hackett is on tour at the same time and he is the one with bit of chip on shoulder its allways the 5 piece or 3 piece line up never 4 piece. Last time all 4 were on board and wanted Peter but when Peter said no Hackett was also dropped. Even the last documentary glossed over the 4 piece era of the band and Hacketts career.

It's sad but 4 piece line up doesn't get much praise or interest

the 4 piece lineup would be very awkward. With Collins singing they'd have to do all the hits, what would Hackett do on the likes of Invisible Touch? He'd be a spare wheel.

If they had all 5 members, some sort of "Genesis Revue" would be interesting, where they could cover the various eras of the band, maybe some mini solo sets and then come together at the end to do a bit of The Lamb, or Supper's Ready; but as mentioned earlier, Gabriel's not interested in going back to that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

loyatemu wrote: »
    the 4 piece lineup would be very awkward. With Collins singing they'd have to do all the hits, what would Hackett do on the likes of Invisible Touch? He'd be a spare wheel.
    I don't think anyone seriously considers Hackett rejoining the band for a full set, but what about part of the set? We're still eight months away, the set list is not finalised, and pigs might fly ... :P

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

bnt wrote: »
    I don't think anyone seriously considers Hackett rejoining the band for a full set, but what about part of the set? We're still eight months away, the set list is not finalised, and pigs might fly ... :P

Steve was asked if the band had been in contact and he said no. I would imagine the same case for Peter.

Advertisement