Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anabolic Ssteroid abuse

• 26-09-2019 5:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭

Delete if not allowed.

I'm worried about my son. He is weight training in the gym and has put on big muscle mass on his chest and arms in what seems like a very short time to me. At the beginning of July he wore a shirt which fitted him properly. He was going to the gym on and off but since say the 24th August when I would swear that shirt still fitted him he's been going to the gym five days a week. On the 9th September he put on that shirt again and the buttons were gaping like the bloody incredible hulk.

Is it possible to put on that kind of bulk in just a few weeks without the help of steroids? I know that he looked at sellers online a few years ago and I'm almost sure he was taking them then for a while. Since then though he has developed a tablet addiction along with weed. He's struggling with that but in the last week I've noticed more anger and depression and last night passive suicidal ideation.

I will be contacting his various counsellors and psychiatrist today to let them know his state of mind. All I'm lookin for here is to know whether such a muscle gain in such a short time can be achieved without steroids?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

It is possible to put on quite a bit of muscle with 3 months of daily intense weight lifting.

Is he taking a lot of protein shakes etc?

In saying that, there are some signs there that he may be using steroids. I think you have to trust your instincts. Have you asked him? Is there any signs of him injecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

No protein shakes. No creatine.

I've looked for tablets. I never thought about injections. Do they leave marks? Where would the injection sites be?

It's really only about five weeks that he's been working out intensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

No protein shakes. No creatine.

I've looked for tablets. I never thought about injections. Do they leave marks? Where would the injection sites be?

It's really only about five weeks that he's been working out intensely.

It’d be no harm to post this in the fitness forum. This area doesn’t get much traffic.
    There’s no amount of protein shakes that’ll build that kind of muscle in that time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Thank you. I shall try that.

Advertisement