Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vet recommendation for D15

• 28-12-2018 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭

Anyone have good experiences with dog vets in the D15 area ?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

dodzy wrote: »
    Anyone have good experiences with dog vets in the D15 area ?

Cheers

Cara vets in Ballycoolin is where I’ve gone with my lot for years now. Lovely group of vets and staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭dodzy

Cara vets in Ballycoolin is where I’ve gone with my lot for years now. Lovely group of vets and staff.

Booked in with Fred for tomorrow, cheers Jack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Not Cara anyway, terrible experience with them with one of our dogs.

My family has been using Hillcrest for years, they're now Village Vets and they're amazing. Compassionate, kind. We recently had to get one of our dogs PTS and a few days after we received a card from them with a lovely message and the dogs paw print had been taken.

It was a little gesture but meant so much to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Obviously every person's going to have different experiences and different opinions of but I'm only going on my experiences with Cara vets having been going there for about 6-7 years now. And they've had everything from their annual shots to minor ailments treated and in one case, a major operation undertaken and I couldn't find fault with anything they've done for us. Totally professional and very courteous and great with the animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Anicare in Blanchardstown Village for me. I asked Cara if they could perform a simple procedure for one of my dogs & no luck. Not the first time they could not do something that is routine in other vets either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Knine wrote: »
    Anicare in Blanchardstown Village for me. I asked Cara if they could perform a simple procedure for one of my dogs & no luck. Not the first time they could not do something that is routine in other vets either.

What was the procedure?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

An X Ray for a pregnant Bitch. Another was something similar.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Not in Dublin 15, but we bring our dog to Fox's Vets in Finglas. We rang around vets here, but because she's a pit bull mix, none of them would take her. Fox's took her, and have been fantastic any time we've had to do a checkup or needed her looked after.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've deleted a few posts there. Evening star, do not post in this thread again. We don't allow brand new users to post reviews of companies (good or bad). If you want to discuss this you can PM me, don't post on the thread..thanks

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Mod Note: Evening star, I have deleted your recent posts. If you would like to appeal a thread ban, please contact miamee via Private Message. As they have pointed out, new users are not permitted to review a service, which is why your posts have been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement