Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric meter

• 19-07-2017 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Got a card through the letter box a person missed us as we weren't in to change our meter a few weeks ago, so phoned the mobile number they left, sorted a date but they didn't come, guessed they were busy. Came yesterday and changed it, but looks the same and I asked if the way to pay will change is different? Any other changes? He just said naw and walked away.

Grumpy fella he was too.

I should add, it was only our meter changed in the street. Plus we own our house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Did you have prior correspondence with NIE Networks / you electricity supplier about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pinta

Naw, Just that we were out when he left note he left the first time.

We're not fazed about it, only wondering if anyone has or had their meter changed. Our house was renovated 2 yrs ago after a fire and fully rewired, so maybe there's something there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

What part of the town are you in? Nothing up here anyway (Culmore).

I've been waiting about 3 months for NIE to come out and switch me onto a billpay meter...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nedsgarden

They have been changing them for a while, know a good few people who got their's changed.

http://www.nienetworks.co.uk/meterupdate

irish_goat wrote: »
    What part of the town are you in? Nothing up here anyway (Culmore).

I've been waiting about 3 months for NIE to come out and switch me onto a billpay meter...

Lower Creggan. Do NIE do Billpay meters?

I grew up in Culmore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Are they putting in these new ones to stop the magnets?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

pinta wrote: »
    Lower Creggan. Do NIE do Billpay meters?

I grew up in Culmore.

I switched to Airtricity when I moved in and they moved me onto their prepay tariff first. Apparently NIE need to come out and change the meter before Airtricity can put me onto billpay though.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Couldnt tell ye, It looks exactly the same anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PeaQueue

pinta wrote: »
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Couldnt tell ye, It looks exactly the same anyway.
    And does your magnet still work?

Advertisement