Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Disappointing start to the campaign but that's the way it goes sometimes.
    I'm sure the delayed start didn't help matters either but onwards and upwards for Waterford FC!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The fact that the starting 11 last night had never played together before kicking off last night, the keeper only joined up with the club on Thursday and wasn't expecting to be in the team for last nights game at all. Yes losing the first game was a disappointment ok, but i wouldn't dwell on it to much. Apparently the pitch was in a bad way up there, a lot of the new WFC players have come in from lower league English clubs but even by those standards the pitch was dire.

Looking forward to seeing what sort of crowd comes out and supports the team next Friday night now. The owner has certainly put his money in to them, the least the people of Waterford should do is come out and support them and see where this adventure takes us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Any news on season tickets? Should been sent out by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Max Powers wrote: »
    Any news on season tickets? Should been sent out by now.

Taken from supporters group on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I haven't been to a match in years but I'd love to give them a bit of support on Friday night. Where can I get tickets and is the jersey on sale anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shalashaska

I haven't been to a match in years but I'd love to give them a bit of support on Friday night. Where can I get tickets and is the jersey on sale anywhere?

Just turn up to the ground before 7:45 pm and you'll get one. AFAIK, some merchandise will be available in the club shop during the match as well. Welcome back :D.

You can pay at the gate on the night. Regards jersey, Alfie Hales have them in stock or you can go down tomorrow evening and see merchandise there

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good result last night 3-0 win vs Cabinteely at the RSC

Great night, good crowd, great result, some great play, more of this will do nicely.

Great to be back to winning ways for Waterford FC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 blaah_bro

Just one for local soccer fans – there was a presentation at last Fridays game to the families of two sadly departed Blues fans Noel Burke & Eoin Burke. Eoin who passed away before Christmas was a lifelong blues fan and was also heavily involved with De La Salle. The club’s youth team he coached before his death are playing in the semi-finals of the Munster Youths cup against a highly fancied College Corinthians side from Cork in Ozier on Sunday next (12th) 2pm. It would be great to have a big local support for this team who have felt Eoin’s death deeply so please try and get along to cheer on this fine squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Galla73

Burkey was a true blues fan and gave so much to De La Salle - with his 2 sons playing big parts in the youth teams success it would be a truly wonderful story to see this team progress to the final.

Great night last night, good crowd, attendance up on last game, great atmosphere, block e lads played their part there, great to see James mcClean there, good play and good result.more of this, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Great night last night, good crowd, attendance up on last game, great atmosphere, block e lads played their part there, great to see James mcClean there, good play and good result.more of this, happy days.

Was at the game against Cabinteely and also at the game on Saturday, the attendance was incredible for a LOI game let alone a first division one. To be fair it wasnt a good game but these things happen. Plenty of interest and alot of people there would i would never see there over the years. Hopefully they will continue to get the crowds.

The council need to be applauded aswell as iv never seen the RSC look so good. The pitch is in great nick, i know the dressing rooms have got a small makeover etc. It definitely is one of the best grounds in the country for LOI. I do wish tho they would get rid of the pile of sand to the side of the old stand as its an eyesore.

They should win the division but perhaps not as easy as some think. Be great next season to see the likes of Cork, Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers etc all coming back to the RSC. I'm jumping the gun a bit here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Great to see such a big crowd down there again. Hopefully the crowd will continue to grow and we keep winning.
    Also fantastic to see the blues have linked up with the solas centre as their charity partner for this season.

http://leagueofireland.ie/index.php/2017/03/27/waterford-fc-delighted-announce-official-charity-partner/

The pitch is in top voted best surface by players regularly.credit to council indeed, they're is one lad , recognise him from my old school days,who is down there, probably main man down there responsible for pitch.fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Deiseen

The pitch is in top voted best surface by players regularly.credit to council indeed, they're is one lad , recognise him from my old school days,who is down there, probably main man down there responsible for pitch.fair play.

Walsh park could do with getting him up there for a few months to sort out that bog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

To be fair the pitch wasn't great last week, it is normally way better. Still good for a LOI ground but no doubt the surface will be better soon. As said earlier it has regularly been voted one of the best if not the best the last few years.

To be fair the pitch wasn't great last week, it is normally way better. Still good for a LOI ground but no doubt the surface will be better soon. As said earlier it has regularly been voted one of the best if not the best the last few years.

Im not too sure why you think it wasnt great. That pitch has hosted plenty of international games (U21s) so its more than just good for LOI. In all the years iv been going to the RSC the pitch now is definitley the best iv seen it. I know from being in and around there regularly how well its being maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

alta stare wrote: »
    Im not too sure why you think it wasnt great. That pitch has hosted plenty of international games (U21s) so its more than just good for LOI. In all the years iv been going to the RSC the pitch now is definitley the best iv seen it. I know from being in and around there regularly how well its being maintained.
    Pitch is fine seen there's shotputts and javelins being speared into it two nights a week

• Advertisement

Drew 0-0 away to Longford tonight. Missed a penalty in the first half and then had McDaid sent off on 55 mins. Done well to hold out for the draw.

First half can be seen here

https://m.facebook.com/pages/insights/post_details/?page_id=416761905131987&post_feed_object_id=S%3A_I416761905131987%3A904106706397502&post_id=904106706397502

Second half can be seen here

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=904131886394984&id=416761905131987

Its early days yet but for those who are interested here are the league standings.

Edit: I added this from my mobile so apologises for the way its close together.

Waterford FC. 6 3 2 1 6 11

Cobh. 6 3 2 1 4 11

U.C.D. 6 3 1 2 4 10

Cabinteely. 6 3 1 2 3 10

Shelbourne. 6 2 3 1 1 9

Athlone Town. 6 2 1 3 -8 7

Longford. 6 1 2 3 -3 5

Wexford. 6 0 2 4 -7 2

Us/first v second/cobh tonight all, should be good..
    Also, collection for sacred heart centre tonight, bring a a few euro, change, whatever you can afford for that...I've posted about this charity before, they do amazing work for with kids with physical and learning difficulties, they badly need new premises, trying to raise 1.5mill I think, great local charity doing amazing work on a shoe string.

Good turnout again tonight, would be great to get attendance up to 2k. 2.1....cobh I'd say feel gutted not to get something from match, they had a good few chances,a lot coming from silly balls being given away by the blues.
    Athlone at home next week.
    Top of league but absolutely no way is it gonna be easy,cobh,ucd, and others all good teams.

At home to athlone tonight. ,7.45 KO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

The talk online is that the game is close to being sold out, if true is fantastic.

The talk online is that the game is close to being sold out, if true is fantastic.

Whats the capacity, 3,100 or something like than, thats some going if its anywhere near that, mind you with the night thats in it and no pubs open, it may well be sold out.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Whats the capacity, 3,100 or something like than, thats some going if its anywhere near that, mind you with the night thats in it and no pubs open, it may well be sold out.

No such thing as 'Sold Out' regarding the RSC!
    I remember when Waterford drew 2-2 with Cork City both stands were full
    and the ends behind both goals were also packed.
    Great days then for WUFC!

Officially there 3100 seats available and room for another 2,500 standing so yeah you are correct.

• Advertisement

Attendance up again tonight....1900 approx.
    Hard fought win, thought we better team but not much end product, with them missing a penalty too we're small bit lucky to have three points.

Advertisement