Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supermacs in Cavan

• 01-12-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭

Just wondering at the huge amount of Supermacs fast food outlets in ireland, that there is none in cavan town or virginia, i would have thought virginia espically would be perfect for one with passing traffic.

There ia one in navan, trim, mullingar and longford but surely these are not too close to cavan or virginia to have a glut in the one area. wonder why there is none in cavan or monaghon im not sure but i dont think dundalk has any either, yet meath has two

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭toptom

And they are a great fast food restaurant, They would make mint if they opened up in Cavan. The Chicken Breast Sandwich is food to die for.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

There use to be one in Cavan town next to the White Star. Can't remember the name of the spot that's there now though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

There use to be one in Cavan town next to the White Star. Can't remember the name of the spot that's there now though

There never was one on cavan that i know off, Was it super sams your thinking off?

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    There never was one on cavan that i know off, Was it super sams your thinking off?

Ohh yes that's it. Opologies. Ha I miss super sams

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Super sams?? sounds like something off father ted! yeah i thought supermacs would really be made for a midlands town like cavan, its a town very much in the same mould as tullamore, mullingar, portlaoise and longford

• Advertisement

Whatever about not having Super Sams anymore, it's a real shame we don't have Cavan Cola anymore, good times

Looks like Supermac’s will be coming to cavan town ,Pat McDonagh looking for planning . One in Kells opening next March 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭celt262

Dickie10 wrote: »
    Looks like Supermac’s will be coming to cavan town ,Pat McDonagh looking for planning . One in Kells opening next March 2020

Where abouts in Cavan?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Was there not a Supermacks in Cavan before.

There where the Pizza place is at the bottom of Barrick Hill ??

Mid 90’s timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

_Brian wrote: »
    Was there not a Supermacks in Cavan before.

There where the Pizza place is at the bottom of Barrick Hill ??

Mid 90’s timeframe.

Supermacks?
    Is that some rip off brand?

Sounds like a satirical name if you ask me.

• Advertisement

Supermacks?
    Is that some rip off brand?

Sounds like a satirical name if you ask me.

No, just my bad spelling 😔

Genuinely think there was a Supermacs in Cavan before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Super Sams is what you might be thinking off.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Super Sams is what you might be thinking off.

Maybe so.

i wouldnt think it was supermacs they tend to thrive when they get into a town. no it actually said there were only two counties in ireland left without supermacs branches , Wicklow and Cavan. Wexford got its first one a few months ago and Donegal got one as well that time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Supermacs would be a little on the expensive side for Cavan folk.

its dirt cheap! and better than mcds. id say the new one in kells will go well, its included in an applegreen station. some load of them around me now , a new one in kinnegad, then navan , trim and kells all within 20 mins of each other. theres huge gluts around galway and mayo too and really all midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

That was Uncle Sam's. They even had a logo of Uncle Sam , a kind of Abraham Lincoln figure and the message "We sure are glad you called today"!
    After it closed, I think Super Sam's opened on Townhall Street.
    It became "Paulines", now closed ten years and lying empty.

Whatever about being one of the few counties without a SuperMacs, we are the only county with Guard who cannot drive.
    If you want him in a hurry, you have to drive into BJD and pick him up...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    That was Uncle Sam's. They even had a logo of Uncle Sam , a kind of Abraham Lincoln figure and the message "We sure are glad you called today"!
    After it closed, I think Super Sam's opened on Townhall Street.
    It became "Paulines", now closed ten years and lying empty.

Whatever about being one of the few counties without a SuperMacs, we are the only county with Guard who cannot drive.
    If you want him in a hurry, you have to drive into BJD and pick him up...

Yankee doodle was in townhall street,and was renamed paulines. uncle sams was at the bottom of barrack street and super sams was beside the white star. Johnnys chipper at the very top of main street across from what is now gamestop wasnt bad either

Johnnys chipper at the very top of main street across from what is now gamestop wasnt bad either

That is now Lizzies Chipper, it isn't as far up as game stop the front of it is across from the second entrance to the egg market. Still does decent enough food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

celt262 wrote: »
    That is now Lizzies Chipper, it isn't as far up as game stop the front of it is across from the second entrance to the egg market. Still does decent enough food.

You must be hard up if you think thats decent food

You must be hard up if you think thats decent food

Sure is and the place is always spotless.

Advertisement