Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Z Class China Visas experiences through Chinese embassy in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭simonsez

FCUM wrote: »
    no worries mate. and yep Suzhou if you're ever in that direction give me a shout?

are you going to Hunan province then? that food sounds right up my street!

Nay I be going to Zhejiang but, Hunan food rocks. Sichuan too !!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭FCUM

ah right, you're not too far away from me

ah right, you're not too far away from me

Suzhou I think they 'call it little shanghai?' I will be based in the Hangzhou area am planning to take a boating trip on the Grand canal. Hangzhou to Suzhou

Fcum, I apologies in advance. The impression you are giving is that it appears to be a painless process...............

question question questions!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Do you now have Z visa stamp on passport?
    2) When submitting application did you provide
    degree parchment, CV, and letters of reference? Did you translate them into Chinese.
    3) How much did it cost you excluding over night staying, just for visa processing?

Cheers in advance, and there will be no more questions but wishing you luck and hope you have a cracking time.

SS:)

yeah it's supposed to be very nice. no worries

1) yep i have a sticker on one of the pages.

2) didnt need any of those. i needed to submit them to my school for them to get my invitation letter though. no translation though

it cost 56 euro overall. 23 of that was for getting it in one day. they'll tell you how much to bring back to pay for it. pay on collection, bank draft or postal order only

good luck!

2) didnt need any of those. i needed to submit them to my school for them to get my invitation letter though. no translation though

it cost 56 euro overall. 23 of that was for getting it in one day. they'll tell you how much to bring back to pay for it. pay on collection, bank draft or postal order only

good luck!

FCUM ,

Cheers . Will let you know when i'm in China. Cant wait!!

SS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

simonsez wrote: »
    Suzhou I think they 'call it little shanghai?'

Having been to both, I can happily say that Suzhou is no little Shanghai :)

good luck!

1) You will probably shoot me FCUM !!!! You say you have a sticker on visa page. Is it 'Z' or 'L'? sticker.

2)When you get to China you wont have to fly to Hong Kong , the rest of your processing will be done in Suzhou?

Cheers in advance

ps: Yes Im being a stickler for detail FCUM I blame it on bad experience before. Once bitten and all that Jazz

SS

simonsez wrote: »
    1) You will probably shoot me FCUM !!!! You say you have a sticker on visa page. Is it 'Z' or 'L'? sticker.

2)When you get to China you wont have to fly to Hong Kong , the rest of your processing will be done in Suzhou?

Cheers in advance

ps: Yes Im being a stickler for detail FCUM I blame it on bad experience before. Once bitten and all that Jazz

SS
    it's a Z one. don't know what an L one is

no, i have to get a residency permit within 30 days but the school will organise this for me

Brokentime wrote: »
    Having been to both, I can happily say that Suzhou is no little Shanghai :)
    what was your impression of it mate?

it's a Z one. don't know what an L one is

no, i have to get a residency permit within 30 days but the school will organise this for me

Cheers ,

L is a tourist visa.

That's music to my ears!!! and thanks for thy patience.

On a side note who be thee flying with?

SS:)

• Advertisement

going with Emirates, booked a one way.

two weeks today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

what was your impression of it mate?

Suzhou is a much more Chinese city than Shanghai. Small (relatively), picturesque, dainty, with an abundance of traditional Chinese architecture, it has a nice vibe and a more authentic middle kingdom feel to it.

Shanghai... at risk of coming across all 'Beautiful South', it could be anywhere. That said, it is this weirdness and schizoid personality that make it a good place to live. Far more fierce and rewarding than other places I've been.

going with Emirates, booked a one way.

two weeks today :)

Just got confirmation by email that the invitation letter is being sent this week.

nice one pal

i'm gonna apply via the embassy yeah. just need a bill or something to show proof of residence.

i already had my medical form filled in by my gp. my school asked for me to get it done.

it tells you what you need on the website i think but its passport, application form with passport photo attached, invitation and work permit i think. with something showing proof of residence as well.

as for how long the invitation letters take, how long is a piece of string haha. mine seems to be taking a long time and it seems to be the experience of a lot of other people waiting for them. china can be slow for such things apparently.

what work are you doing out there? make sure you keep asking about your employer about your invitation letter. dont just assume everything is happening.

Hi FCUM,

Well just got my invitation letter and have filled out the forms. I have a question how did you approach gp ? I understand that we will have to have another medical when we get to China . How indepth was your medical check here with your GP ?

Thanks in advance

SS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Curious Fox

Simonsez,

Following on from your last post, I'm just wondering if you could let me know how you approached medical check:
    Did you go with your GP or public hospital or private clinic and where?

I'm going to apply for a z-visa too, my employer asked me to forward a physical examination report and specifically states that it should be issued by a public hospital with official stamp and that if it's done in private hospital, the report needs to be notarised. Chinese Embassy Dublin can't provide any info and only said that it will have be notarised by Department of Foreign Affairs, if it's done through private clinic.

Your previous posts referred to a GP check up? How did you get around the above or did yours have the same requirements?

BTW, presumably you got your z-visa and that you are in China now - jealous!

Simonsez,

Following on from your last post, I'm just wondering if you could let me know how you approached medical check:
    Did you go with your GP or public hospital or private clinic and where?

I'm going to apply for a z-visa too, my employer asked me to forward a physical examination report and specifically states that it should be issued by a public hospital with official stamp and that if it's done in private hospital, the report needs to be notarised. Chinese Embassy Dublin can't provide any info and only said that it will have be notarised by Department of Foreign Affairs, if it's done through private clinic.

Your previous posts referred to a GP check up? How did you get around the above or did yours have the same requirements?

BTW, presumably you got your z-visa and that you are in China now - jealous!

Hi Curious Fox,

I empahtise CF. I am not sure what your time frame is.

My story. My employer sent me the foreign expert invitation. This allows me to apply for the Z visa. The Z visa allows me 30 days entry in China to apply for residence permit. The residence permit is issued upon passing medical.

I did medical in China. Passed it and got residence permit.

Good Luck.

SS

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Curious Fox

Thanks SS,

Yours sounds a bit different than mine. My employer asked me to provide a number of docs, including degree certificate, resume, 2 year work experience cert (presumably a reference letter will do?), medical check report and some photos. Once I post all of these to them, they will apply - alien employment licence (different than yours?), invitation letter and medical check verification, then post them out to me. They told me that with these docs, I'll have to go to Chinese Embassy Dublin to apply for a Z visa. I was told I can then go to China and apply residence permit within 30 days - that part is similar to what you said above.

I'm flying out on 20 January, which I doubt all of the above will be done.

I think mine is a bit different than your story above, any thoughts? Have they changed how they deal with Z visa since you applied? This medical check up is doing my head in. Know anybody else have to do it?

How is life in China?

With thanks,

CF

Thanks SS,

Yours sounds a bit different than mine. My employer asked me to provide a number of docs, including degree certificate, resume, 2 year work experience cert (presumably a reference letter will do?), medical check report and some photos. Once I post all of these to them, they will apply - alien employment licence (different than yours?), invitation letter and medical check verification, then post them out to me. They told me that with these docs, I'll have to go to Chinese Embassy Dublin to apply for a Z visa. I was told I can then go to China and apply residence permit within 30 days - that part is similar to what you said above.

I'm flying out on 20 January, which I doubt all of the above will be done.

I think mine is a bit different than your story above, any thoughts? Have they changed how they deal with Z visa since you applied? This medical check up is doing my head in. Know anybody else have to do it?

How is life in China?

With thanks,

CF

Nay CF what you have said above is what I had to do .

CF, like you I forwarded via email required docs vis a vis qualifications and letters of reference.

Medically, go to your gp explain you are going to China and he/she will arrange with hospital (private or public). Allow a month for bloods, xray to come back. Let your employer know, when results are back.

When they get all docs, reference and medical stuff back they ask for permission to invite you . Once they get permission then they should send a letter of invitation to you. Which you bring to the Chinese embassy. They will, all going well give you a Z visa . (I did my interview in May and got my letter of invitation in August!!) The Z visa allows you enter China and gives you 30 days to get residence permit.

When, you get to China you will have to do another medical and when you pass,the school will bring you to the local police . The PSB(police), will then issue you with a residence permit.

China? China is China CF.

Good luck.

How is life in China?

With thanks,

CF[/QUOTE]

CF, Life in China? Great Walls, 5000 years of culture.............

Check out Episode 1 Series 1 "An Idiot Abroad" (2010), with Karl Pilkington it shows China from a diferent perspective............

Good Luck CF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 eugenius101

Hi,

I am going to have to apply for my Z Visa in Dublin in June and I believe I'm going through the same hssle you guys went through. Maybe you can provide me with some info?

My company will be sending me the documents from China. What I don't know is a number of things. 1) Which blood samples I need to get done to complete the physical exam? 2) Which documents I need to get legalised here (if any) I'm not sure if I will have to get the Physical Exam form legalised either. 3) Does anyone know a hospital where I can get the report filled out in a short time frame - some are saying that it'll take well over a week for results. 4) Do i have to take chest x ray and blood results with me to the embassy or will the physical exam form suffice?

Cheers

Eug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

You don't need a health check for the Embassy here in Dublin. That information is outdated.

You just need the documents that your school send you.

I got my Z visa in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dawnbuckley

Really? I am wondering about this - I got a z visa in 2012 and I needed a health check. I also went and paid a fortune for a chest x ray. In the end they took my results but didn't take the xray! I'm considering going back there in August 2014 for another job so need z visa again. Are you saying that now we don't need any health check? Please confirm! That would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

I know this thread is a few years old but there are surely still people who plan to work in China, so...

I did it in 2011, have been living in China since then. The visa section of the embassy closes quite early, no later than 1pm if I recall, or maybe earlier, so you'll need to get there nice and early. If you live in Dublin then good for you, but I'm from Cork - had to go up (or down) to the capital the night before and stay in a hostel, then up in the morning to walk out there (taxis are a lot cheaper when you get into China, thankfully!). As for their service, it's typical communist China, i.e. brusque. Don't expect warm smiles.

Thanks Stannis, how about the medical? Did you need it at the embassy? And chest xray?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Things change and my experience was from Dec 2013 so it might not be accurate now but I definitely didn't need one at that time.

If you live in Dublin then why don't you pop into the visa office and check. The 2 times I was there, there was a really nice guy helping people to see if they had everything in order. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you popping in to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eugenius101

I can confirm that despite my school telling me numerous times that I needed health check to get the Z visa done in Dublin that this is untrue. I got my visa last week and they never asked for the health form. Gutted as I had spent €225 getting it done in Dublin. Wish I had of listened to previous poster. Hope this info saves somebody the hassle and expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 panalava

I'm going to pick up my Z-Visa in Dublin tomorrow. Just a couple of points for people looking to apply in future.

When I applied to the school in China, I had to supply numerous documents to them (College Degrees & Transcripts, Garda Checks (Request at a local Garda station - Note: This is not the same thing as Garda vetting. It's basically a form to say you haven't been convicted of any crimes), work references, passport pictures etc. The school/employer needs these and the medical form to apply for a work permit (I have a feeling a some people are confusing the work permit with the visa). The medical included going to the GP for an ECG and blood tests and he referred me for a chest X-ray (Cost roughly €100 for all if I remember). The blood results took about two weeks to arrive (1 week for the X-ray) and then I sent copies via email to the employer.

It took much longer than expected for the work permit/letter of invitation to arrive. I was offer the job in the middle of February and received the work permit in the beginning of July (I was planning to travel in April!).

To apply for the Z-visa at the embassy I just had to hand in my passport and fill out the application form (on the embassy website), supply copies of my work permit/invitation letter and I brought my licence for proof of address just in case. (A single entry visa is €40 - to be paid by postal order when collecting the visa.) If you're planning to come home through your stay, you will need a multiple entry visa which costs more and may depend on the work permit as well).

So to surmise, getting the Z-visa seems quite straight-forward and a short process. The main headache is getting the work permit/letter of invitation as it takes a long time! As mentioned above, there is a helpful aid in the embassy to help you fill in forms but the embassy's visa section is only open from 9am -12 Mon to Thurs when I last checked so it's better to be there early!

Yep, You definitely don't need the med for the z visa application in Dublin. However, I asked my school and you do need a medical for the work permit. My school are starting the process before I get to China, so this is why I need to get the medical done here. The last time I was in China, I had it done there. I worked for about a month before I received the work permit, so I was working illegally (I know, so what) The school I'm going to want things done properly - yawn. They say they will reimburse me for the med but I have to get it done before they apply for the invitation letter. Things could vary in different provinces I suppose - I'm going to Jiangsu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 panalava

I think it depends on the school as opposed to the province. I'm going to Shandong province but the school are a pretty big company with schools in the majority of the different provinces.

Advertisement