Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jobs in South Dublin!

Comments

The little cake shop up Patrick's St in Dun Laoghaire (near Bits and Pizzas) are looking for a baker. Sign was up on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 OP here

I'm looking for a house cleaner for 4 hours per week in Shankill.
    If you are interested, or know anyone who is interested, please contact me by PM.

Thank you.

(mods, if this type of job isn't suitable for this thread, please delete and accept my apologies)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Trespass outdoors shop in Dun Laoghaire shopping centre have a sign up looking for seasonal staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Bump... :o Anyone got any tip offs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Dying here need job bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Dying here need job bad!

It might be too late, but if you're dying, you need a hospital ;)

sorry

Any jobs.. any?!

Woodies Sallynoggin are hiring. Sent in a CV today and they said they'd get back to me. Always been the same "We'll get back to you" stories, but it's another CV out there nonetheless

keano who you hand cv to?

mate of mine who got a job last week handed it in. he told me about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Hi guys,

A new website, www.hireland.ie has been launched which promotes jobs across the country, for free!

Currently it lists 2500 jobs, of which 1900 are in dublin! So if you are looking for a job or want to advertise one, take a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭paper cut

Gourmet food parlour in Dun Laoighaire have an ad in their window for staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nutgrovesc

Given all the people out there looking for work, how about we post details of any local jobs we see advertised that may not be online or in the local papers.

Feel free to add to it..

Great idea folks!!
    We'll keep this page updated as soon as we hear anything from the shops in Nutgrove.
    We also keep our facebook page updated with current news, events and job openings.
    [URL="[URL]http://www.facebook.com/nutgrove"]http://www.facebook.com/nutgrove[/URL[/URL]]

thriving economy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

EdenHazard wrote: »
    thriving economy...

Yeah I know sigh..

Hmm dya think if an employer asks for experience are they just testing to see if you have moxie, god damn it tis been five years and no one will give me a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Finnegans pub in dalkey are looking for full and part time waiting staff for weekday/weekend lunches. Experience is required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Finnegans pub in dalkey are looking for full and part time waiting staff for weekday/weekend lunches. Experience is required.

The Charles Fitzgerald in Sandycove had a sign up looking for people as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

saa wrote: »
    Yeah I know sigh..

Hmm dya think if an employer asks for experience are they just testing to see if you have moxie, god damn it tis been five years and no one will give me a break.

In my experience (no pun intended) the answer is no. If you don't have the required experience your CV goes straight in the bin even if you hand it to them personally, ring to follow up etc. The best move I ever made was giving up on retail/bars/restaurants and aiming for general office/clerical/admin type work. I've only been working part time around studying for last few years and I've still gotten several breaks. Seems to be a much easier job type to break into.

Sometimes I do wonder when I see signs up looking for shop assistants with 3 years experience. Seriously, is selling clothes or working in a Spar really that difficult? 6 Months experience or something I can understand but 3 years like?

Employers just don't seem bothered carrying out any form of staff training at all anymore.

PC world in Carrickmines, sign up today, looking for part time sales assistants for immediate start.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Abrakebabra in Dun Laoghaire had a sign up, think it said full and part time staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Teachers of English are needed to teach small groups of foreign teenagers in their own homes over various dates during the summer. The morning involves basic TEFL tutoring with planning and supervision of activities in the afternoons. The activities will be visiting museums, bowling, cinema etc. and expenses will be paid.
    Because of the small number of students, a full ACELS qualification is not necessary, but some form of TEFL certificate is desired (Possibly not essential depending on aptitude and/or experience). Candidates will be organised and plan enjoyable lessons. Above all they will have a good sense of fun. The locations are in the greater Dundrum, Churchtown, Rathfarnham, Knocklyon, Dun Laoghaire, Blackrock, Dalkey, Loughlinstown and Killiney Areas. You will need to be based in one of these areas.

I did this myself last Autumn and found it a good, enjoyable way of making a few bob. It would suit people in their 20's or 30's mainly. Drop me a pm and I'll forward you on the details

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Konkan Indian restaurant in Dundrum is looking for an experienced waiter, must have fluent English & drop your CV into the restaurant.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Tiger retail shop in DL Shopping Centre looking for full time sales assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Teach 4 foreign students in your home. From Wednesday 31st October till Monday 05th November. Mornings in your home and afternoon activities arranged for you to take the students on cultural outings.Must live in the Dunlaoghaire to Bray area. Student teachers welcome to reply. PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

New dry cleaners in the little group of shops off Barton Rd Dundrum have a sign up in the window looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

The Body shop in Dundrum SC had a sign up looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

PC world in Carrickmines, sign up today, looking for part time sales assistants for immediate start.

By any chance are they still looking for part-time staff?

leemaree wrote: »
    By any chance are they still looking for part-time staff?

No idea, sorry.

Wow 1 page in a year...it can't be that bad out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

SPAR in Stillorgan beside the Millhouse are looking for Deli counter staff, says some experience is required.

Advertisement