Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 weeks in China this summer, Tour group or independent

Options
  • 08-04-2015 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi, we are thinking of going to China this summer for our honeymoon,2 weeks is all I can get off with work, would we be mad to try and do it independently (neither of us have Chinese)

Thinking of doing the Travel Department 12 day trip to Beijing,shanghai and Xian. Anyone have any experience with them? Would rather go independent but with the short timescale seems like the way to go,seems good value too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Hi, we are thinking of going to China this summer for our honeymoon,2 weeks is all I can get off with work, would we be mad to try and do it independently (neither of us have Chinese)

Thinking of doing the Travel Department 12 day trip to Beijing,shanghai and Xian. Anyone have any experience with them? Would rather go independent but with the short timescale seems like the way to go,seems good value too

Not mad at all, you'll find many touristy areas are quite well-equipped to deal with foreigners, especially in big cites like Beijing and Shanghai. Just make sure you've got a good idea of where you want to go and what you want to see. Learning a few words of the lingo will be a big help, though.

ni hao - hello
    xie xie - thank you
    bu yao - don't want
    wo bu hui zhong wen - I don't speak Chinese
    wo men shi ai er lan ren - We are Irish
    pi jiu - beer (v useful one that)

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Advertisement