Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Detailing chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

vectra wrote: »
    Got a couple of Orders from Imaran at In2Detailing, The man was a gent and a pleasure to deal with.

????

Did you not just order online? Are you based in ROI? What led to you interacting with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

D & D Detailing in Cork are excellent though and I buy most of my stuff from them. It's very rare that anything is out of stock and if it is, it's back in a few days later. Great advice aswell from their head detailer David Coleman (Foxhole Norman here on boards).

Looked at D&D. No bilt hamber though. Might not have as good margin as the other products but it's popular for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I mainly use Reflect for the bulk cleaning chemicals, The Detailing Company for Gyeon and D&D for Gtechniq, polishers and that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Did you not just order online?

Discussed the latest order with him via Facebook messenger.
    Are you based in ROI?

Yes, Co.Cork

What led to you interacting with him?

Discussed different options for 2 Das6 pro kits complete, and to get a discount price.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Looked at D&D. No bilt hamber though. Might not have as good margin as the other products but it's popular for a reason.

Given that they are Gtechniq.ie which is selling very well I'd say BH is a small enough market for them. Would like to see them supplying it though. The new BH bottles are a really nice design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

What’s the best wax people are using?

I’ve a sh1t load of Autoglym products that I may as well use up - so in my next days cleaning I’ll be using AG Deep Shine polish, but I am out of wax so trying to see what is the best out there at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Murt102 wrote: »

I’ve a sh1t load of Autoglym products that I may as well use up - so in my next days cleaning I’ll be using AG Deep Shine polish, but I am out of wax so trying to see what is the best out there at the moment!

Collinite845 is brilliant.... Haven't heard it mentioned much anymore though... Chemical guys stuff is good too....

I found ag ok but it wasn't hard lasting...

I've completely stopped using wax for a number of years now. It's hard to justify the effort and energy that it needs when there are products out there such as Gtechniq C2V3/Easy Coat, CarPro Reload/Hydro2, Geyon WetCoat etc.

The spray and rinse sealents would make you think why you'd even bother using wax. I use Gyeon Wet Coat every 6 or 7 weeks. They say it lasts 12 weeks but I find it tails off around 6 weeks. They are too easy to apply especially if you don't really have the time for waxing a car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Has anybody used the Valet Centre in Sandyford? Was thinking of trying them out for a mini valet

• Advertisement

Murt102 wrote: »

As said above,
    Ceramics and sprays are the latest in tech.
    BUT
    If it is something durable you want with decent shine and excellent beading. Soft99 Fusso would be my go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Folks would anyone know where you might get some of the "old" fusso wax to buy online?? just polished off my tub,and would like to stick to the original formulation if possible...

I have a pot of each, I couldn't tell much of a difference between them other than the new formula not smelling as bad

Folks can anyone advise the best way to ensure the old wax is gone before applying a fresh coat of fusso?? I read that Megs wash plus is decent at removing a large portion of LSP? would that and using something like Bilt Hamber Cleanser Fluid prior to waxing remove most of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

celticsfan wrote: »
    Folks can anyone advise the best way to ensure the old wax is gone before applying a fresh coat of fusso?? I read that Megs wash plus is decent at removing a large portion of LSP? would that and using something like Bilt Hamber Cleanser Fluid prior to waxing remove most of it?

All purpose cleaner, clay it also.

What had you on it that you want to remove?

vectra wrote: »
    What had you on it that you want to remove?

Just soft 99 kiwami,which doesnt last near as long as fusso,so am gonna use fusso and top with kiwami for a bit of extra gloss

Just soft 99 kiwami,which doesnt last near as long as fusso,so am gonna use fusso and top with kiwami for a bit of extra gloss

As above,
    Wash with apc solution.
    Detar
    Clay
    wash
    Bilthamber cleanser fluid.
    2 very light coats of fusso applied with a damp applicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭traco

Just had some diamond cit wheels refurbished and chuffed with them. As they aren't as durable as a painted set I am considering if I should put some more protection on them?

Any thoughts on a ceramic coat or wax or something else to give them the best chance of hopefully having a long and shiny life?

Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armor is what I have on mine. Also applied it to my 335 alloys after I got them refurbished. CarPro DLUX is another option but I only have experience of this on black plastic trim.

I can promise you, you won't be disappointed with C5. To make it even better, after a week apply Gtechniq C2V3 to make it even better and you'll be able to use Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel and a pressure washer alone with no brushes, no scrubbing, no scratches.

Where did you get them done and any pics?

• Advertisement

The lads in Rim Solutions did them. I'm really pleased with them and glad i didn't just paint them as it came close to that with a different refurb company. Only downside is they are impossible to get a good pic of. There depth on them and the machining is fantastic but you get a lot of reflections into the camera phone. I did all 5 and had new Eagle F1 tyres fitted.

I think when they are on the car and everything is clean, tyres dressed and the car polished they will look amazing in sunlight (if we ever see it again and I know my floor needs to painted!). This is weekend car only any will only be on the road for 6 months, that's assuming I ever get it back together.

50263695907_3d2b845bc5_c.jpg

50262851188_13ed75a7d6_c.jpg

50263695917_af579210f3_c.jpg

Wow that's some job!

My boss got his 1989 635 alloys done by them and instead of polishing the lip they did a rather nasty paint job on it.

Thanks - really delighted with them.
    For some reasons I can't edit my post to add a before pic so here is one for comparison. They were all fairly rubbish so this would reflect them all reasonably well.

50263741907_ca1e49ec15_c.jpg

Superb transformation.

It's making me want to get mine done but the car would be sitting up and I need it day to day.

They loan out wheels - I have the front on jack stands but they loaned me two AMG for the rear. Sound to deal with so no harm in giving them a shout and asking if they had a set to fit if you were thinking about it.

Wow, Fantastic job.
    As Metz said above, he has used Gtechniq with great results but has only used Carpro Dlux on plastic trim,
    I have used Dlux on wheels and plastic and can 100% stand by this product, absolutely fantastic product.
    But apparently the go to product is KKD Revolve X. Up to 5 years protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lads, is Iron X ok to use on diamond cut wheels? Have been using it for years with great results but never on diamond cut wheels.

Shouldn't have any problems using it on diamond cut wheels

Used fallout remover on my wheels recently and they are fine.

• Advertisement

I use bilt hamber auto wheel on mine because they are diamond cut. It is a mixture of fallout remover and degreaser.

Advertisement