Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

Evade wrote: »
    Japan Sinks 2020 is really bad. The first three episodes were kind of interesting but it went downhill fast from there. I've got three or four episodes left and I'm only going to watch them to see how low it can sink.

Just started the first episode and it didn't seem that bad, though the lack of buzz for a Science Saru anime is a warning in an of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

megaten wrote: »
    Just started the first episode and it didn't seem that bad, though the lack of buzz for a Science Saru anime is a warning in an of itself.
    Just wait.

I watched BNA too and it was fine, the OP is really catchy. Surprisingly, and if you haven't seen FRANXX, Gurenn Lagann, and Kill la Kill,
    it didn't turn out to be aliens in the end.

The story didn't sink much lower, didn't recover either, but the animation took a steep dive. The characters looked off model more often than not in the second half of the sereis. There's one scene in particular where one character has her hands on the sides of another character's head and the whole thing is laughably out of proportion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finished up (re?) watching the directors cut of Re: Zero last night, didn't notice much added but been a while since I watched it originally so hard to say. Hour long episodes took a while to get used to though. I still like it, and has a lot of good ideas which I can't wait to see explored. Watched the next few episodes in the new season and it's really starting to expand and explain some things, but at the same time leaving a lot more answers. Just hope Subaru is less of a bitch this time around, and actually keeps focus on that going forward. We've seen enough of his moaning and depression at this stage, don't need any more. Also, #TeamRem!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Finished up (re?) watching the directors cut of Re: Zero last night, didn't notice much added but been a while since I watched it originally so hard to say. Hour long episodes took a while to get used to though. I still like it, and has a lot of good ideas which I can't wait to see explored. Watched the next few episodes in the new season and it's really starting to expand and explain some things, but at the same time leaving a lot more answers. Just hope Subaru is less of a bitch this time around, and actually keeps focus on that going forward. We've seen enough of his moaning and depression at this stage, don't need any more. Also, #TeamRem!

Yeah, the only thing really added was a new scene at the end, which is also the first scene in episode 1 of season 2.

Pity season 2 is now split cour as this arc is going to take up both of them.

I reckon the first cour will end with
    Subaru about to meet Satella

• Advertisement

Ah I didn't know that. Ah well, can't expect to binge everything all the time! Now that I think about it, the OVA wasn't there when I watched it the first time, the Frozen Bond or something. Good background, but still loads of questions! And I think it might still be too early for that, he'll probably
    meet half the witches by the end of the first cour, and won't meet Satella until the season finale. Plenty of meat inbetween, and I reckon a lot of the season will be taking on Gluttony and Greed to a conclusion, with help from the Witch of Envy, who I suspect is actually not bad, or at least not as bad as the Archbishop who took/got her power.

Either way, I reckon it'll be good, again as long as Subaru keeps his crap together.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I haven't seen that in years. I kind of want to watch Dominion Tank Police now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I can vaguely remember it, late 90's I think, was just getting my manga collection going.

I do have vague recollections of it, and it's after sending me off on a Google. It's not quite clear, but there was a live action version too which may or may not have been after the anime one:

The anime ad was the first anime ad on Irish TV, and happened during the 'great' ad war between Murphys and Guinness. (Might have been done by the people behind Ghost in the Shell) Guinness won with the dancing lad, but even the live action Murphys had a sad follow up:

• Advertisement

I do have vague recollections of it, and it's after sending me off on a Google. It's not quite clear, but there was a live action version too which may or may not have been after the anime one:

The anime ad was the first anime ad on Irish TV, and happened during the 'great' ad war between Murphys and Guinness. (Might have been done by the people behind Ghost in the Shell) Guinness won with the dancing lad, but even the live action Murphys had a sad follow up:

Yes, the Murphys advert was done by Production IG, the same studio as GitS.

Just finished todays Re:Zero, long episode at 29 mins. 4 episodes in and it has yet to complete volume 10, not surprised though as Season 2 starts about 3/4s through volume 9.

Just finished todays Re:Zero

There's a new one?! Off I go (please don't it get busy at work!!)

Also, where's the manga at chapter wise?

There's a new one?! Off I go (please don't it get busy at work!!)

Also, where's the manga at chapter wise?

Not sure where the manga is, I only read the light novels. I don't think arc 4 has an adaptation yet though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Watching the new season of seven sins and loving it.

Oh nice, something to start again soon.

Finally decided to watch the last season of Fairy Tail. It was alright. Doesn't stand up to the more modern animes being made (and a good few older ones too). Feel like it lost something during the second last season and couldn't recover from it. Final season felt rushed, but was better for it, was a fight in nearly every episode, albeit the likes to Demon Slayer has just made these fights look terrible in comparison.
    Typical happy fairy tail, if I'm not mistaken not a single person died for good, which really ruins the suspense. More shows need perma-death to keep them interesting. Did they even explain how Makarov lived after using Fairy Law?
    . Kinda glad it's over tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Just wondering .. Has anyone else watched ....Hi-Score Girl.
    For me... it is the bast anime I have ever seen. Beautifully done and set against the 80s Arcade backdrop that I grew up in. I absolutley love this show and hope it is getting the credit it deserves.
    What an emotional ending to season 2. 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Ascendant

Parsnips wrote: »
    For me... it is the bast anime I have ever seen. Beautifully done and set against the 80s Arcade backdrop that I grew up in. I absolutley love this show and hope it is getting the credit it deserves.

Loved it as well.

Took me a while to get used to the art but, once I did, boy was I sold! :D

Yeah. It does feel weird at the start :)
    It really pulled me in.
    Music is sublime all the way through
    Zangief & Guille are brilliant in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

The fact she chooses to use Zangief at all immediately endears you to her a bit. I think they did a really good job of conveying ideas through games and how they played

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Hi Score Girl is a great immersive lesson in fighting game community history.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and would watch it again.

Let's be honest though, as an actual story (and it's a love story at it's core), its a bit generic and sh1te.

• Advertisement

Yup, couldn't get into it at all.

Hi Score Girl is a great immersive lesson in fighting game community history.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and would watch it again.

Let's be honest though, as an actual story (and it's a love story at it's core), its a bit generic and sh1te.

:):)
    Wow.. What an old swinging brick you have there for a heart :)

Started watching Japan Sinks.. Good start . looking forward to the rest.
    think it is new to Netflix if anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Started watching Japan Sinks.. Good start . looking forward to the rest.
    think it is new to Netflix if anyone interested

I've heard the animation quality takes a bit of a nose dive after the opening unfortunately.

Now quite Japanese anime but I'm watching a Chinese animated show on Netflix at the moment called Scissor Seven - it's hilarious! Definitely worth checking out.

Is the second part of D Greyman worth watching ?

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've heard the animation quality takes a bit of a nose dive after the opening unfortunately.

Now quite Japanese anime but I'm watching a Chinese animated show on Netflix at the moment called Scissor Seven - it's hilarious! Definitely worth checking out.

:) It does to be fair. I noticed the massive undetailed hands on everyone. taught it very strange. :)

There's a movie cut of Japan Sinks coming out. I wouldn't be surprised if it got a bit of an animation polish and the episode 4(?) to 8(?) arcs
    the old man in the supermarket to the cult
    were cut completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

:):)
    Wow.. What an old swinging brick you have there for a heart :)

Haha, I'm not against Love stories, but when the two characters involved are a super dense guy and a literal mute girl, it doesn't make that part of the story super compelling to me.

Started watching Haikyu!! on Netflix
    Volleyball Anime.. I taught ... Nah this is gonna be pants.....But My 18 YO son watched it and recommended it.

Im on ep4 and TBH it is excellent. How anyone can make Volleyball so dramatic is beyond me ... but strangely it works.
    So far so good.

• Advertisement

I have no interest in sports but there's quite a few sports anime I really like. Run with the Wind / Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru is one of my all time favourites.

Advertisement