Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It was inevitable but A Lazarus Soul have cancelled their Irish tour. https://twitter.com/alazarussoul/status/1291406110516301824?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Finally got an email today from Ticketmaster that Andre Rieu has been postponed (again) until April 2021.
    Initially it was due to take place April 2020,then rescheduled to September 2020 and now pushed to April 2021.
    Unfortunately the pessimistic in me thinks it won't happen in April 2021 either :(

To thine own self be true

Wallis Bird postponed from March to September now cancelled. Not looking good for gigs in the Autumn unless crowd numbers can change at the end of the month. https://twitter.com/TurningPirate/status/1293539326240927744?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Penfailed

maximoose wrote: »
    Stendhal is a great little set up - in normal times anyway

Hope this goes well for them

...aaaaaand now it's gone too :(

https://www.hotpress.com/music/stendhal-festivals-unlocked-is-unable-to-go-ahead-next-week-22824920

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Probably not too surprising but looks like there's doubts from some in music industry that festivals will be able to go ahead next summer. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/insurers-say-it-is-unlikely-that-irish-music-festivals-will-go-ahead-in-2021-5szpgqkhl

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'd say that will the nail in the coffin for a lot of smaller / indy / underperforming festivals.

12 months is a long time, I think a lot can and will change, let's hope it's positive.

Though, and it's bad to say, if we still have to cancel things due to COVID19 this time next year, festivals will be the least of our worries / complaints :eek:

Yeah exactly, lot of time to go between now and then. Main bit of article was that basically crowd capacity may not be increased enough and then will need more space for crowds and camping say due to social distancing. Plus insurers likely won't cover cancellations due to Covid. Both big hurdles to get past but not impossible.

Guess in the meantime sporting events will be the thing to watch to see what capacity is allowed here in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭T.V Eye

Expecting the Sun Kil Moon date next year to be cancelled after the recent allegations, some EU dates have already gone.

T.V Eye wrote: »
    Expecting the Sun Kil Moon date next year to be cancelled after the recent allegations, some EU dates have already gone.

You're right. Cancelled earlier today. https://www.facebook.com/186274388608539/posts/756781391557833/

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I presume Trevor Noah in the 3arena on the 10th will be cancelled, now that the upper limit for indoor gatherings has been dropped from 50 to 6? Has anyone heard anything from Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

TychoCaine wrote: »
    I presume Trevor Noah in the 3arena on the 10th will be cancelled, now that the upper limit for indoor gatherings has been dropped from 50 to 6? Has anyone heard anything from Ticketmaster?

It hasn't been officially rescheduled/cancelled, but you're right, only a matter of time before they make an announcement.
    I'm following Trevor Noah on social media and he usually updates as well.

• Advertisement

I think it's still 50 for gigs but yeah either way it's a huge gap between that and 13,000 odd capacity there! I can't see any gigs happening there this year. I've Bon Iver in January there and can't see it happening either as things stand. Not sure why gigs on over next few weeks haven't been cancelled yet tbh. Dunno is it insurance thing to wait til government mandates it but indoor limit extended to 13th September I think. Maybe they're waiting to reschedule but with all uncertainty, nearly better to refund tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Irish Aris wrote: »
    It hasn't been officially rescheduled/cancelled, but you're right, only a matter of time before they make an announcement.
    I'm following Trevor Noah on social media and he usually updates as well.

Its been pushed back a year to September 2021.
    Noah is far too busy making digs at Trump to tour anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its been pushed back a year to September 2021.
    Noah is far too busy making digs at Trump to tour anyway.

Where did you see that? Ticketmaster, 3arena.ie and his own website all say 10/9/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Where did you see that? Ticketmaster, 3arena.ie and his own website all say 10/9/2020

I just got an email from axs uk (I'm subscribed to their mailing list) and it mentions the London shows rescheduled for September 2021.
    I reckon Dublin and Glasgow to follow. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 37,710 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ozzy and Judas Priest is still scheduled for the 5th Nov in the 3Arena :D:D. Doubt its happening and has been rescheduled so many times well before Covid

Ozzy prob forgot about the tour is scheduled :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rainagain

Detailed study of going to a concert indoors - be interesting to see the results, which are expected in October.

Those attending were "volunteers in an elaborate study by a team at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg called Restart 19. Each attendee, outfitted with a digital location tracker and hand disinfectant laced with fluorescent dye, was carefully positioned in seats as part of an experiment to track the risks of coronavirus infection posed by large, indoor events."

Full article

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/how-does-coronavirus-spread-at-concerts-german-scientists-put-one-on-to-find-out-1.4337392

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Whats the lay of the land now for indoor gigs. Was going to re-buy tickets I got refunded for Ricky Gervais, end of Janruary is the new date. Is it fair to say that is highly unlikely to go ahead at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,710 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Whats the lay of the land now for indoor gigs. Was going to re-buy tickets I got refunded for Ricky Gervais, end of Janruary is the new date. Is it fair to say that is highly unlikely to go ahead at all?

Nobody knows really

Only hope a treatment/vaccine arrives soon and maybe large gatherings/gigs could make a return for mid 2021

I have 2 gigs in March/April 2021 so hoping they will be back by then

We need to live with this virus one way or the other, no point hiding in fear

Muahahaha wrote: »

I think it's 50 maximum if gigs can go ahead but still uncertainty. Is Gervais in 3Arena? Have Bon Iver there in January and can't see it going ahead at this stage.

Say it could be 2022 at the earliest before thousands are able to go to gigs tbh

NCH has got funding for infrastructure to set up live-streaming. Might be an indication that it will be awhile yet before gigs come back there.

Guess it's an investment though anyway and could be used to stream gigs for people who can't make it within Ireland and abroad for reduced ticket price to raise more revenue.

https://www.chg.gov.ie/capital-grant-over-e143000-awarded-to-the-national-concert-hall-for-the-purchase-of-video-infrastructure/

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    I think it's 50 maximum if gigs can go ahead but still uncertainty. Is Gervais in 3Arena? Have Bon Iver there in January and can't see it going ahead at this stage.

Say it could be 2022 at the earliest before thousands are able to go to gigs tbh

Speak of the devil. Bon Iver rescheduled from Janaury to October. https://twitter.com/Select1veMemory/status/1298168747799252992?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Speak of the devil. Bon Iver rescheduled from Janaury to October. https://twitter.com/Select1veMemory/status/1298168747799252992?s=19

Happier with this! A friday now....all going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Rfrip wrote: »
    Damnit.. I booked London which has been pushed from a Friday to a Monday! :(

Still have Matilda booked for that weekend in January but also not going ahead I’d say.

Rfrip wrote: »

Friday of the bank holiday too. Would be great if it went hope but see it pushed out again tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Still no word on The Black Crowes - cancel or reschedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

RayCon wrote: »
    Still no word on The Black Crowes - cancel or reschedule.

Yeah, that the last concert I am waiting on. It wont be happening of course but would be nice to know for sure whether it will be cancelled or rescheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah I guess you're right, there isnt much chance of Gervais going ahead in January so theres no point re-buying the tickets I got refunded from the first cancelled show.

Even if indoor venues were allowed 50% capacity it still probably wouldnt be worth while for international touring artists & promoters. Its just a mess really but what cant they do until a vaccine arrives, its all on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The French seem to be going it alone,will be interesting to see what happens.

Indoor concerts may now go ahead without social distancing providing there are fewer than 5,000 people in attendance, the French prime minister said today.

Two days after announcing that large events (ie those with over 5,000 attendees) would continue to be banned until November, Jean Castex announced that masks are now mandatory in all indoor entertainment venues, such as theatres and cinemas – but that in most of France, the requirement for social distancing has been removed.

The only exception is in départements – so-called ‘red zones’ – where new cases of Covid-19 are rapidly increasing, such as Paris, Lyon, Bouches-du-Rhône in Marseille and Gironde in Bordeux.

“I say to the French people, go to the cinema, go to the theatre – you don’t risk anything”, said Castex, reports Le Monde.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Zardoz wrote: »
    The French seem to be going it alone,will be interesting to see what happens.

Indoor concerts may now go ahead without social distancing providing there are fewer than 5,000 people in attendance, the French prime minister said today.

Two days after announcing that large events (ie those with over 5,000 attendees) would continue to be banned until November, Jean Castex announced that masks are now mandatory in all indoor entertainment venues, such as theatres and cinemas – but that in most of France, the requirement for social distancing has been removed.

The only exception is in départements – so-called ‘red zones’ – where new cases of Covid-19 are rapidly increasing, such as Paris, Lyon, Bouches-du-Rhône in Marseille and Gironde in Bordeux.

“I say to the French people, go to the cinema, go to the theatre – you don’t risk anything”, said Castex, reports Le Monde.

A genius or a fool. We follow with interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

We were due to go to Peppa Pig (i know, i know) last April in the Olympia. It obviously didn't go ahead. It has been rescheduled to next January. Do i have to do anything now or do original tickets just carry over?

Advertisement