Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Joanne in house of frames was excellent and good prices, maybe a little too good, as the shop closed down a while back. I don't know if she is operating from another premises somewhere, or from home maybe, but she does a really good job. if you can track her down I would highly recommend her.

Thanks, I went to The Framing Studio in the Six Cross Roads industrial estate. Very pleased with the job he did. I dropped the print out last Friday evening & he rang me on the Monday afternoon to say it was ready. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i need to change out a whole window. Can anyone recommend me a person to do this that is chape and trustworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

i need to change out a whole window. Can anyone recommend me a person to do this that is chape and trustworthy

Brian the window surgeon. I'd recommend him.
    http://windowsurgeon.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Hi lads, where would I get cat6 network cable?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hi lads, where would I get cat6 network cable?

Locally, any of the electrical wholesalers. I’d have loads of cat5e here alright but not much cat6. Freetv.ie would be your cheapest option online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,792 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Aquos76 wrote:
    Locally, any of the electrical wholesalers. I’d have loads of cat5e here alright but not much cat6. Freetv.ie would be your cheapest option online.

Much difference between them?

Aquos76 wrote: »

Cheers. Keen to avoid online if I can but I will try if needed.

Might get it cheaper online, but always nice to support local businesses if possible

You will definitely get some in kellihers, EWL, Trade electrical or Kavanagh’s so.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Much difference between them?

https://www.cablematters.com/blog/Networking/cat5e-vs-cat6

For home use, cat5e is definitely adequate, I’ve used it for setting up access points and I’ve also used it to installing CCTV. There isn’t to much of a difference price wise between them both now. There is actually cat7 and cat8 cable available also now :)

4-EE4-D71-D-5676-4-DD6-AF37-0238-B2-D5-A58-A.jpg

• Advertisement

How much of it would you be looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Anyone got recommendations for someone to fix white spots appearing on a 4K tv?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    How much of it would you be looking for?

I am not sure how much I need but if you have some spare sure PM me your price :cool:

Anyone got recommendations for someone to fix white spots appearing on a 4K tv?

How old is it? Unsure if they can be fixed

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    How old is it? Unsure if they can be fixed

A couple of years old.

A couple of years old.

New tvs are a pain in the hole, had a Sony only die on me recently, almost 20 years old. New tvs are notoriously difficult to fix, so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

A couple of years old.

You have a minimum 2 year warranty.
    But should have more, although not an expert.

I’m aware of consumer law but trying to find the receipt or remember where I got it is another thing

I am not sure how much I need but if you have some spare sure PM me your price :cool:

I wasn’t looking for any money, if you knew what length you required and if I had enough, I’d happily give it to you.

As an update to the request I had about the tv. I had Dermot in Advance TV services look at it. He knew what was up by just telling him the issue and collected it 2 hours ago in perfect condition and back to normal again.

• Advertisement

Diarmuid is excellent, I’ve used him a number of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

I'm looking for a second hand head light unit for a 02 Corolla. Would anyone know where I could get one in Waterford or surrounds?

Thanks in advance.

wrmwit wrote: »
    I'm looking for a second hand head light unit for a 02 Corolla. Would anyone know where I could get one in Waterford or surrounds?

Thanks in advance.

pascal power

https://www.irelandlookup.com/1843149/Car_Dismantlers/Kilkenny/Power_Paschal_Car_Sales/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/pascal+power+car+dismantlers/@52.370616,-7.0281484,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xb0c5f447c9345d16!8m2!3d52.370616!4d-7.0281484

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Anyone recommend someone to me who imports cars from the UK to order?
    And would also take my current car as trade in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

kuang1 wrote: »

Not to sure but i think PM Autos on the Tramore road do ,might be worth giving them a call to see

https://www.facebook.com/PMAutos.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭dzilla

kuang1 wrote: »

Mordaunts in clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Anyone know where I can get 25kg bags of Kiln Dried sand? Need around 10 bags.

Thanks

Got some out in McCarthy's Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭extrapolate

Could anyone tell me where I can get planks of wood cut to order in the city or surrounds?

• Advertisement

Could anyone tell me where I can get planks of wood cut to order in the city or surrounds?

morris

Advertisement