Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anyone used Certa fuels?

Options
  • 13-07-2020 6:46pm

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has used these? I've been in and out a few times. I generally just fill the car each time I visit, so I pick a bigger amount to pre-pay by, than I intend to use.

But I have noticed there is a notable lag in the difference/price adjustment coming forward. Most specifically, I filled up the car at about 2am on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Chose €40, used €22, and now on Monday evening at 7pm I still haven't gotten my €18 back into my account.

Am I just unlucky? or does this seem to be the norm?

I've also noticed (In Drogheda anyway) the price of the fuel has gone up nearly every 2-3 days and is now just matched with Circle K's on the Dublin/North road.. which kinda defeats the purpose I'd have thought? I'd rather keep someone local in a job by using the petrol station with a staff member, a shop, toilet, etc. than an unmanned station with no facilities. I didn't mind so much when I first started using it as the fuel was cheaper, I had to drive by it on the way into the town, etc. but i think in future I'll spend the extra 10 minutes to cross the town.

Perhaps I'm just being petty, though? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

No comprende..

Was there on Saturday too and only got my €8 back today from a €32 refill and paying €40.

It's gone up day on day this week 116.9 and 126.9 tonight. Only 2c cheaper than the Maxol down the road. I agree, I'd rather give the money to a station with staff and services at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RedJack

I used them last week and had to contact their customer service over a technical fault with one of their diesel pumps. Long story short, the transactions are being delayed at the bank end and its not Certa's fault. I had to contact my bank to get mine sorted. Incidentally, they are based in Drogheda (same company group as Flogas and work from their offices). Also mentioned that no Tesco staff lost their job as they were redeployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Filled diesel an hour ago in Dundalk .109.9 a litre very good and hassle free.

There was an urban legend that Tesco used to dilute its fuel with lubricant a few years ago, and even though I know it's unlikely, can't shake it off.

The garages on the Newry Road are still pretty cheap anyway, I think I filled up there for 1.09 as well, so not too bothered unless the price deviates a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

they accept tesco clubcard...does anyone know how many points are accumulated per euro spent?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

The bigger question , If the station is unmanned how does one use their Tesco Vouchers . Sorry I am not trying to Hijack ... Just a side bar

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

I used them all the time from the beginning, as the pumps had a "fuel provided by Circle K" sticker on them. Roll on a few weeks and stickers have been removed, and you may think I'm funny, but i noticed that I don't get the same mileage on a full tank as I used to. You're right in saying that there's only a few cent difference, so i too would just rather give it to a shop that employs staff.

Advertisement