Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford City Event Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

Christmas concert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭JMT2016

https://www.wit.ie/events/all_news/waterford-festival-of-architecture-2016

Anyone see it - this year? It's just over, very low key it seems?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Waterford Blaa

Voci Ladies Choir Annual Christmas Concert

What better way to get into the Christmas spirit by attending a lovely choral concert in a beautiful venue. Voci Ladies Choir will perform their very popular annual Christmas Concert in John’s College, The Folly,(Respond) on Saturday 3rd of December at 8pm. The choir will be joined by special guests the WIT Youth Choir, and soloist Audrey Larkin.
    Voci Ladies Choir was founded in Waterford in 2005 and currently has over 30 members, under the musical direction of Fintan Scanlon. The concert will include music to get you in the Christmas mood, including Cradle Hymn, A New Year Carol, Ave Maria and African Noel. They will also perform a mix of Irish and contemporary pieces, including The Parting Glass and Hushabye Mountain.
    The choir rehearse every Thursday evening and perform concerts at Christmas and in the Spring. Over the years they have enjoyed success at national choral competitions, including Limerick and New Ross. They also take part in fundraising events supporting charities such as Solas and the Lions Club Appeal.
    Tickets for the concert at 10 Euro / 8 Euro concession and are available on the door.
    John’s College is on The Folly, go in through the gates and follow the road upwards and around the left of the building. Please note that overflow parking is available at the Sacred Heart Church Car Park on The Folly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Record store day this Saturday...Susan o Neill and darragh dwyer singing in golden discs around half 1.don't know the other chap but Susan o Neill, local singer has great voice and some vg songs too.

• Advertisement

Le galaxie playing tonight, not sure if its on in central hall or Bailey's new street.good band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Max Powers wrote: »
    Le galaxie playing tonight, not sure if its on in central hall or Bailey's new street.good band.
    Was visiting Waterford over the weekend - saw them in Bailey's New Street, great vibe. Great music earlier in John Roberts Square too with Newfoundland. With free open air gigs like this on throughout the Summer I can't believe the Art Beat / Summer In The City isn't being publicised more widely. If I was heading away for a weekend it would definitely tempt me back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alalaura

There's a wedding fair at the Tower Hotel on 5th July (6pm - 8pm) with wedding related stalls such a photographers, etc. Might be of interest to those who are planning on tying the knot or know someone who is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

19424518_1505492162815129_7665512444573578758_n.jpg?oh=9509ba410d739ecb4f423700d9c7a739&oe=59D0E23D

• Advertisement

Had a look on central hall web page recently, great line up of stuff on there, probably underutilized by the public, been there couple times myself, nice spot for change of scene.

19420481_1505467239484288_8923387252006602738_n.jpg?oh=559e1b6438703078a5e6f0e3889d6e90&oe=59CF10E1

Max Powers wrote: »
    Had a look on central hall web page recently, great line up of stuff on there, probably underutilized by the public, been there couple times myself, nice spot for change of scene.

Was in there once, it is a nice place.

54Dxq61.jpg

spHzEAT.jpg

20374515_1539071592790519_4526439673530444707_n.jpg?oh=213ed67a532bd9d4fed86c618d150a23&oe=59ED9D2D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

21728470_720865101455279_1106255632861137173_n.jpg?oh=a9d57008184aff6951cd690c0666b436&oe=5A4BECD6

Raymond Van Barneveld Exhibition in Traecys Hotel Waterford City Friday 27th October

VIP tickets (Includes meet and greet with darts legend. front row seats to the event and the only photo opportunity with Barney that can be printed and signed on the night! )- €26.30

Normal Tickets- €11

https://www.ticketstop.ie/catview.php?id=9

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tallcarrie

The West Waterford Festival of Food from 20-22 April in #Dungarvan celebrates Our Farmers #FromTheLandAndSea #ÓMhuiragusóThír with another mouth-watering programme http://www.westwaterfordfestivaloffood.com/events/ Tickets on sale Wed 28 Mar, 2pm - #wwfof18 - bigí linn!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Dk0hh4IW4AAdSTF.jpg:large

Dk0hh4IW4AAdSTF.jpg:large

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Gardner

Hilary O'Neill community leader :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Did anyone go?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

debok wrote: »
    Did anyone go?

was considering but couldnt make it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

suircon_a1_poster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Unknown-1.png

The Waterford Micro Business Network will host their July Summer Social event on Thursday 11th July from 6.30pm in The Parlour Vintage Tea Rooms, Georges Street, Waterford.

"Networking isn't always easy, even for the more outgoing of us. So we've created a fun, social, networking event that wont feel like hard work.
    So join us for drinks and nibbles followed by a speed networking session! A fun, fast, effective way to make new business contacts over a short space of time."

Register now for this free event via Eventbrite at www.wmbnsummer.eventbrite.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I was browsing the net this morning (And I can't find the bloody page now) and I almost definitely read something about Coolio playing in Waterford in October.

Anyone seen anything about this? Or have I got confused with one of the 27 Waterfords in America...:confused:

I wouldn't see him if he was playing in Norrises

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

I wouldn't see him if he was playing in Norrises

I was on the fence myself for the past 11+ years since that post was made but you know what, you're right! I won't bother looking for tickets! :p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Anything at all happening in terms of concerts/shows in Waterford.Serious lack of venues/promoters..seems Theatre Royal is the only place...

The town really needs a few places that can host gifs post-Covidcand going forward...

The rest of the county seem to be organising and getting back to business,we seem to be going backwards in terms of venues..with the closure of the central hall/forum/metropole(a good few years mind)!!

Would it be a good idea to regenerate the Bridge hotel for gigs ..or is Waterford seen as a no-go areanin terms of gigs????

Advertisement