Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lgbt friendly barbers in Derry?

• 25-07-2017 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, My name's Ash, I'm 16 and trans and was wondering if anyone knows about any lgbt friendly barbers going in Derry?

I've heard of people getting asked to leave a few barbershops around Donegal and I don't want to go through the hassle. I would appreciate any advice thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thread moved from North West to Derry forum.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Don't know for definite but I'm pretty sure one of the barbers at Muckers&Co is gay so I would assume would have no issue with you calling in. They have 2 shops, one on Clarendon St and one on Carlisle Road.

I'm sure the Rainbow Project could advise as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

AMetalRock wrote: »
    I've heard of people getting asked to leave a few barbershops around Donegal and I don't want to go through the hassle.

Christ. In this day and age :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Welcome to boards
    In case you have other questions of similar nature there is a LGBT forum here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Penfailed

AMetalRock wrote: »
    I've heard of people getting asked to leave a few barbershops around Donegal

Seriously?! :(

Roco on the quay is a hairdressers - they cut fellas and girls. You'll be grand there.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
Advertisement