Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cisco EPC2425 modem/router help

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

irishj wrote: »
    If you enable the service and restart the modem, then go back to 'dynamic dns' in the settings, you'll see it's enabled.

I noticed it had actually worked at some stage, but AFAIK it will only send an update to DynDNS every time the IP address is renewed - since this hasn't happened to me yet, DynDNS thought my account had gone idle and were threatening to close it. So I had to set up a client on one of my PCs instead :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I just got upc in the other day, and while i was having some issues with browsing once I changed over to google dns these seem to have resolved.

I just had a small question about something that i thought was a little strange... I can access my cisco EPC2425 on both 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.1.1 .. how is it using two ips?

well, I say access.. I can only log into the .100.1 *after finding the password on boards tyvm*, no matter what password I try I can't log into .1.1

it's not a pressing issue, it's just bloody weird.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I just had a small question about something that i thought was a little strange... I can access my cisco EPC2425 on both 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.1.1 .. how is it using two ips?
    192.168.100.1 because it is defined as the gateway address in the DOCSIS standard be far as I know.

192.168.1.1 because it is the default gateway for the 192.168.1.1/24 network, which your devices are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I am getting UPC installed next week with broadband and phone service. I have Vodafone at the moment and my setup is plain ADSL modem in bridge mode which then connects into a router. I want to keep this setup when I get UPC, I've ordered UPC 15mb so I'll get a free wireless router.
    Am I better off asking for the plain modem not wireless in that case? As there is no work around for bridge mode with phone service with the EPC2425. Does anyone know the model UPC ship without wireless?
    Thanks for the info!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Scientific Atlanta EPC2203

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

center15 wrote: »
    I am getting UPC installed next week with broadband and phone service. I have Vodafone at the moment and my setup is plain ADSL modem in bridge mode which then connects into a router. I want to keep this setup when I get UPC, I've ordered UPC 15mb so I'll get a free wireless router.
    Am I better off asking for the plain modem not wireless in that case? As there is no work around for bridge mode with phone service with the EPC2425. Does anyone know the model UPC ship without wireless?
    Thanks for the info!

If it were me I'd request the older Scientific Atlanta EPC2203 modem (Not the Cisco EPC 2425 ) and the Netgear wgr614v6

scientificatlantaepc220.jpg

They don't supply them as such anymore but they do have them & if you push the issue they will give it to you.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

gurramok wrote: »
    Disable the router firewall(which helped me) or switch off 'ip flood protection' so says another poster on the forum I had read somewhere :).

Big thank you for this post, even with just 1 peer connection at any speed, I would get timeouts, enabling IP flood detection changed all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

I just got upc in the other day, and while i was having some issues with browsing once I changed over to google dns these seem to have resolved.

well, I say access.. I can only log into the .100.1 *after finding the password on boards tyvm*, no matter what password I try I can't log into .1.1

it's not a pressing issue, it's just bloody weird.

I've a question about this.
    I cannot log in to my cisco router from 192.168.1.1
    I havent tried 192.168.100.1 as i've just seen it now, and im away from home

Are they both the same logins?
    I've also factory reset the router and thought that would clear all logins to null/null, but i still cant get into 192.168.1.1

Any idea's?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Siim

Hi.

How do I switch my Cisco EPC2425 to bridged mode? Didn't find any settings regarding that in configuration menus.

edit:
    OK, just had to disable WiFi and go to: http://192.168.100.1/GatewayMode.asp and set it "Bridged".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭wishwashwoo

hi all and a happy new year to you all does any one have the password to access the cisco 2425 it never used to ask for a password you just clicked on ok and it let you into settings any help on this would be great cheers all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Colmrenault

Using a Linksys WRT610n with the UPC Cisco EPC2425 (wirless disabled). Works a treat. No dropping from the 5 or 6 devices I use.

Hi Mister Gooey, this is exactly the arrangement I was going to set up but I read on another thread that if I disable the wireless that it turns off the phone line. I was wonder if you use the fone line feature and if you have had any issue with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ptrehy

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    thanks for the reply.

correct me if im wrong but doesnt the equipment supplied belong to me? so i can use it as i see fit?

my WPA key is rediculously simple and i want to change it. i also want to open ports for uTorrent and the xbox. are we no longer allowed to do these things? this is ridiculous. can i request the older equipment with the netgear router? at least then i can buy my own linksys router and get some 3rd party firmware on it to monitor my usage.[/QUOTE

From my memory there is no password assigned on initial installation, simply press return on the password screen. You will then be prompted to add your own password.

You will then be able to change your SSID and WPA key by scrolling to bottom of page (Wireless setup)
    Let me know if this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Can people please stop dragging up old threads, especially when there is an active sticky on this subject.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement