Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worried I won't be able to sell

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Great news. Happy for you. I’m sure it’s a relief to be done with it. It pays to use a n auctioneer who sells a lot in the area. That’s been my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

it might be over priced ,
    some people do not want to live next door to an empty house.
    I Don,t think the bus parked in the drive next door,will stop someone buying a house,
    if its the right price, in the right area.
    we are close to xmas, people are busy shopping ,
    not a great time to view a house .
    See what other house,s are going for in the area.Look on daft.ie .

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭JamesMason

riclad wrote: »
    people are busy shopping...
    Priorities...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Cat_M wrote: »
    Update. House is sold! Literally days after my last post, I dropped price by 10K and was sale agreed in days. It was a quick sale and I didn't need to do another thing with it. Buyers were super keen, apparently didn't care about the concerns identified by myself and flaws flagged by the posters who found the advert. So those who advised that the initial price was wrong, were absolutely right. A couple are delighted with their new home before Xmas.

A bit less in the bank account than originally thought but now I'm so happy and relieved! Happy Christmas! ��

Delighted for you! We had a similar thing happen. Months with nothing happening and we were getting worried and thinking about re-letting. We had dropped the price once and thought about doing it again but then we went sale agreed (for below the updated asking) and the everything was done and dusted 5 weeks later. A young couple were delighted and in a new home for Christmas.

I think a lot of EAs expectations on price haven't caught up with reality yet. My gut feeling at the beginning was the price suggested by the EAs we spoke to were way to high but I said I'd go along with it and see what happened. I wish I'd put my foot down then and priced it more in line with what I thought it would get. We were happy with the price we got for it in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Congrats to you! Nice xmas present for you and buyers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement