Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,059 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

2pm

Moore Park 20 degrees
    Knock 10 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Over 15mm of rain now in Castlebar, we broke the 100mm mark for September early this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Xenji wrote: »
    Over 15mm of rain now in Castlebar, we broke the 100mm mark for September early this year.

Wow. Only 14mm in Kildare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

The difference between north west and south east rainfall and temperature wise for a small island most summer/autumn's is amazing for a small country.

Driving low land south east Laois in sunshine and 22C in car. Always accurate to one degree from Met Stations.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very heavy drizzle here now, not a day to be outside at all. My father has put the heating on, he's really feeling the chill today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gonzo wrote: »
    very heavy drizzle here now, not a day to be outside at all. My father has put the heating on, he's really feeling the chill today.

😱😱
    Gorgeous day down here in Arklow again
    Sunny spells
    What an island we live on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

The wind direction has swung around the the NE here which I wasn't expecting. Must be a shallow low passing somewhere south of here. If only it were winter, no doubt it would be snowing by now.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Miserable day in Swords. Drizzle and rain all day so far. 12c

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Miserable day in Swords. Drizzle and rain all day so far. 12c

Ditto in Firhouse Dublin 24. I feel sorry for the Ladies final!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

heavy rain for past hour, feeling bitterly cold too. Worst day here since June 12th with wet and cold combined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I wasn't expecting the front to be so active with pressure high and building but this is Ireland ........... whatever can go wrong WILL go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Can't believe the reports since my last post. Hit 21c here after, clouded over now and temperatures 18c here in South Laois

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭highdef

Light drizzle the past few hours in Trim, Meath

Gonzo wrote: »
    heavy rain for past hour, feeling bitterly cold too. Worst day here since June 12th with wet and cold combined.

Cloudy here in Arklow now but very bright and feels muggy, was down in Ballymoney beach earlier and there were loads out for walks or swimming!
    Car was reading 21c there which in fairness is probably around 19 in reality
    AWS at home was near 18c most of today
    It's still 17.3c here now and feeling warm by virtue of the fact there's not a breath of wind!
    Btw I'm in a t shirt here out and about,not a bit of cold felt

Darkness to the north now suggests the front is edging in
    Hopefully some rain here too
    Just 2.8mm recorded in September
    Yes 2.8mm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Wet drizzly and dark evening in my area of meath, doesnt feel to cold, good to have the sun back tomorrow

Wet drizzly and dark evening in my area of meath, doesnt feel to cold, good to have the sun back tomorrow

This is looking south from here,its still bone dry but you can see the encroaching darker cloud
    Behind the tree is Tara hill NE of Gorey co wexford,that's blue sky over it which is retreating out to sea

Rains arrived
    Forgive me for saying its beautiful steady soft rain,badly wanted here
    Its probably only going to be a mm or 2 but its something
    It was also great to have most of the day so nice
    Theres a farmers saying round here 'what we need now is a wet night or a wet Sunday '
    We actually need a few of those but they can wait until December now tbh,and can be white too if they want to be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Such a huge contrast between Dublin and London today, 26C and cloudless skies when I left London this afternoon and grass all scorched white. Landed in Dublin to thick fog, rain, surface water everywhere and feeling cold enough for a winter jacket.

Elderly English couple sitting in front of me were incredulous as we landed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Mrs Rock just switched the heating on, but the kids agreed with her and i lost the vote :( ha

• Advertisement

Mrs Rock just switched the heating on, but the kids agreed with her and i lost the vote :( ha

Our first fire of the season is lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭appledrop

It was a weekend of two halfs. Glorious yesterday in Dublin. We spent the day in park in tshirts and it was gorgeous for the time of year.

Today is miserable in North County Dublin. 12 degrees. Everyone out in raincoats + shoes/boots. Apart from few people caught out + still dressed for yesterdays weather.

On the plus side could go to shops + not be worried about wasting a nice day indoors!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

What ways were crops in the south east this year as there seemed to be very little rain there?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What ways were crops in the south east this year as there seemed to be very little rain there?

I didn't hear anyone complain. There was just enough rain at the right time.
    No rain again today but looking North from Mt Leinster you could see it headed West to East into Dublin from the Midlands.

Vegetable crops were irrigated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

I didn't hear anyone complain. There was just enough rain at the right time.
    No rain again today but looking North from Mt Leinster you could see it headed West to East into Dublin from the Midlands.

Yeah looked like S Wexford was the place to be again!

Murky drizzly weather in Kildare with a few heavy bursts of light rain if ya know what I mean.

Still dry in South Laois but temperatures are dropping. 16.6c and a bit breezy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

August was a wet month with 122mm at my Waterford station but September has just 8.7mm so far so overall a wet August has helped the farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The forecast on Country file a few minutes ago is very promising up until next Sunday at least as high pressure builds and builds over us. By Friday we'll see continental air coming up and rising temps by a few degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Farmers in the west, even with good land, must be feeling the pinch as August was a washout and this month has been wet and quite cool too.
    I guess a lot of silage and hay was saved this summer. I noticed a few fields with grass mowed down over the last few days.

If I was to retire anywhere in Ireland for decent weather it would have to be the waterford/wexford area. So many days when I look at the satellite pictures and the country is covered in cloud except those areas. You don't need huge warmth, just the clear skies is a great bonus.

Then again it was 26c in the London area today.
    Someone said earlier it was 10c in Knock.

Next week is looking promising so hopefully the forecast gives us some bit of sunshine and warmth before autumn truly kicks in.

Advertisement