Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand held microscope/usb microscope

• 29-04-2021 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭

I need to get a hand held microscope for botany. Looking into it I'm thinking a usb microscope would be better.

However I'm pretty clueless.

Obviously I've googled it and I'm getting loads of amazon hits and now my facebook feed is advertising companies I've never heard of.

Cheap and cheerful would be the budget as in it doesn't need to be top range etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can buy one or what one to get.....I've windows 10, so prefer it to be compatible for that, but I do also have a windows vista laptop that's still chugging along.

If possible I'd prefer an irish company so I'm not hit with any surprise customs/tax etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

For lower magnification you may get away with a smartphone using digital zoom and a magnifying glass.

or a clip on one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

For lower magnification you may get away with a smartphone using digital zoom and a magnifying glass.

or a clip on one

Yeah it's for a course and they have specified a hand held microscope. The research I've done they look like a nice piece of kit for around 30 euro (obviously they can go up in price fairly rapidly), but the makes and suppliers are all fairly unheard of so that's a worry.

Advertisement