Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

any point trying to get these working on midband connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi

So it could bevthe wifi that is causing the problem. I shut all down and got new IP for stb. 192.168.1.1.

Tried to connect with filezilla and received enetunreach.

This seems very complex for a simple thing.

Getting more confused 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

This is an update to the openATV image I posted last week. It includes all the fixes that were added this week. It has most of the basics covered. That is everything I included in last image. I received a few PMs requesting some additional functions to be added and setup. This is included in this latest image. You just need to add your own settings.

infoscreenimage_zpsf8f7bc51.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k6iqblzrmr07ih8/AABljw0-g0zD9efzH5ILX7ula

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

any point trying to get these working on midband connection?

Depends what you want to do, a consistent low latency midband would be ok for oscam but not for streaming tsmedia our 1channel. Don't recommend midband at all for it though, it's never consistent enough and drops as it's not an always on connection.
    lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hi

So it could bevthe wifi that is causing the problem. I shut all down and got new IP for stb. 192.168.1.1.

Tried to connect with filezilla and received enetunreach.

This seems very complex for a simple thing.

Getting more confused 😖

Does the box pass the network test. Yes, disable wireless

I don't understand what you mean by the network test. When I turned off the router I got a new ip and used this. I had no internet signal coming through as the router was off,just a direct line to the box. I still could not access the box through ftp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

givecredit wrote: »
    This is an update to the openATV image I posted last week. It includes all the fixes that were added this week. It

Thanks for this, quick question, what resolution is this backup on? I only have a 720p TV at my disposal for the minute and don't want to load this on if it will just be a black screen on 1080p!

Hi

In order to get ip,address 192.168.1.1 I had to complete a network test. All areas passed.

I disconnected Ethernet and connected laptop but box would not connect again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hi

In order to get ip,address 192.168.1.1 I had to complete a network test. All areas past.

Stick dchp back on, connect your box via cable to the router and run the network test. Then without disconnecting anything try ftping something over on your laptop.

Hi

In order to get ip,address 192.168.1.1 I had to complete a network test. All areas passed.

You do realise to ping or ftp both devices need to be connected to the same network, i.e. the same router

Hi

Thanks very much. That worked perfectly. I was confusing the box with the Ethernet connected and the wifi running. It makes sense when it is explained. You're a genius!!

I am not very computer literate. The internet did not exist when I was in college. I am on catchup. I understand now that it is explained. I assumed I was connecting directly to the box and not through the network. It's a lot clearer now.

• Advertisement

Digidol wrote: »
    Thanks for this, quick question, what resolution is this backup on? I only have a 720p TV at my disposal for the minute and don't want to load this on if it will just be a black screen on 1080p!

Yesterdays backup is 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Hoping to give OpenATV a go at the weekend.
    Has anyone tried the ondemand version here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83338598 on it yet?

bappelbe wrote: »
    Hoping to give OpenATV a go at the weekend.
    Has anyone tried the ondemand version here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83338598 on it yet?

It's built in, you don't need it

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭John G

givecredit wrote: »
    Yesterdays backup is 1080p

Might be a stupid question but should I not bother installing this image if I am using a 720p tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

John G wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question but should I not bother installing this image if I am using a 720p tv?

I'm guessing you can, in all other images i have put on my box, the resolution can be changed in the AV settings.

If someone who has put the openatv image on their box can confirm, is it possible to change the AV settings?

John G wrote: »

Shouldn't be a problem, your tv should downscale to 720p, it's those on scart that will have problems with it being set to a HD res.

Can i ask a question about this new openatv image. The feedback seems very positive so far so i think i'll flash it ths weekend.

My question is about the updates, from what i understand updates come through each night directly to the STB. Does this mean that the image on an STB will more or less be always up to date as the updates are pushed to the STB, where they used to have to be installed?

TIA

My question is about the updates, from what i understand updates come through each night directly to the STB. Does this mean that the image on an STB will more or less be always up to date as the updates are pushed to the STB, where they used to have to be installed?

TIA

Updates are not pushed. You must go to Menu/software management/software updates to install updates.

Can i ask a question about this new openatv image. The feedback seems very positive so far so i think i'll flash it ths weekend.

TIA

Yes, but continually updating any operating system will cause problems, it may cause bugs and slowdowns. You'll most likely still have to flash a latest fresh image every so often built with the latest source code.

I've installed the openatv image and impressed so far. Only issue is when i went to change the skin, i downloaded blue-hd but when i select and the stb reboots, the stb hangs.

Has anyone found a skin that works ok, something with picons as an alternative to the default one?

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I've installed the openatv image and impressed so far. Only issue is when i went to change the skin, i downloaded blue-hd but when i select and the stb reboots, the stb hangs.

Has anyone found a skin that works ok, something with picons as an alternative to the default one?

TIA

If your looking for a close to sky version i am using frankensky. It's not bad.

hallo dare wrote: »

It works ok with the openatv backup image from here?

It works ok with the openatv backup image from here?

Yep. But do a backup of what you have first! Just in case!

BlueHd is a sky skin and you can get it in the downloadable plugins section on your box. Been using it now a few days and I actually prefer it to the sky skin I had on my old image.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    BlueHd is a sky skin and you can get it in the downloadable plugins section on your box. Been using it now a few days and I actually prefer it to the sky skin I had on my old image.

Yeah, illdoit2morrow already tried that but it was causing his box problems. I really like the sky skin on your image, nice and clean. But I'll defo try that bluehd!

Yeah, illdoit2morrow already tried that but it was causing his box problems. I really like the sky skin on your image, nice and clean. But I'll defo try that bluehd!

Must have missed that, what problems? Don't think its causing my box any problems. Whatever was causing it may have been fixed in one of the updates.

Must have missed that, what problems? Don't think its causing my box any problems. Whatever was causing it may have been fixed in one of the updates.

Just a few posts back, his stb was hanging when he tried the bluehd skin. But as you said it must have been fixed in one of the updates since.

Itching to get back configuring the image to my liking, but the bloody mother in law is here for the weekend! Jaysus!!!

Just a few posts back, his stb was hanging when he tried the bluehd skin. But as you said it must have been fixed in one of the updates since.

Itching to get back configuring the image to my liking, but the bloody mother in law is here for the weekend! Jaysus!!!

Haha yeah the great thing about this image is everything is customisable, so many options.

• Advertisement

Haha yeah the great thing about this image is everything is customisable, so many options.

Have you it all set to your liking? I was having an issue getting the permanent timeshift to work, i set it for operation but it never kicked in. May also be something that was sorted in one of the more recent updates.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement