Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Certs for Systems Admin to advance career?

• 21-10-2020 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just wondering what your opinions are re. the best Certs for a Systems Admin to look into with a hope of advancing their career?

By this I mean to move into a new growth area where your skills are in demand and there's opportunities to get a well paid and interesting position, perhaps working remotely.

I'm thinking of cloud technologies or similar, maybe being forward thinking and anticipating a growth area and getting certified and ready in time to take advantage of it.

Would love to hear your opinions and best advice please.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

As regards Cloud, its really AWS and specifically their solutions architect cert seems to be popular.
    you can find out more from here : https://aws.amazon.com/certification/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thanks for that Mr. Horgan!

I'll check it out in detail.... I'm located in the midwest so not sure how much Cloud Consultancy is happening but perhaps there's remote working opportunities due to open up?

Advertisement