Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Polite business sign off

• 23-09-2015 11:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

What should I use to sign off an email to a HK / Cantonese potential client?

Like we do here e.g.:

"Best regards,
    Steve"

Is there a proper way to do this and show respect?

Thanks for any help. I've some experience dealing with ROC people but not really with HK / PRC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Tori Screeching Puck

Steve wrote: »
    What should I use to sign off an email to a HK / Cantonese potential client?

Like we do here e.g.:

"Best regards,
    Steve"

Is there a proper way to do this and show respect?

Thanks for any help. I've some experience dealing with ROC people but not really with HK / PRC.

No idea on how you sign off as I mainly dealt with expats in HK but the one thing you need to do is keep it formal with your full name and title.

Perhaps " I remain yours sincerely "

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

So, if I wanted to impress, how would I post that?

Could I post this?

我仍然此致

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Steve wrote: »
    So, if I wanted to impress, how would I post that?

Could I post this?

我仍然此致

"Best Regards, Steve" is fine and very common. You will not impress if you sign off in Chinese, particularly if you don't read and write Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

I agree with the above. HK/Cantonese you're likely to be dealing with are probably more interested in a prompt and tidy profit than in observances of the niceties of their language. 'Best Regards' would do fine.

Advertisement