Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Z Class China Visas experiences through Chinese embassy in Ireland

• 10-07-2012 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi ,

I was wondering what experiences folk have have had with obtaining a Z visa for China. Has anyone gone through the process with the Chinese Embassy in Ireland.

SS:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

simonsez wrote: »
    Hi ,

I was wondering what experiences folk have have had with obtaining a Z visa for China. Has anyone gone through the process with the Chinese Embassy in Ireland.

When I was moving from Seoul to Shanghai, I just used an agency in Seoul. It was quick and painless. Can't imagine it's any different in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭simonsez

Brokentime wrote: »
    When I was moving from Seoul to Shanghai, I just used an agency in Seoul. It was quick and painless. Can't imagine it's any different in Dublin.

Thanks but I would like to know what experience folk have had going through the Chinese embassy in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭FCUM

Thanks but I would like to know what experience folk have had going through the Chinese embassy in Dublin.

hi mate i replied in the other thread. i shall let you know when i do mine. it seems like a fairly straightforward process. just a hassle having to bring it and then going back for it, no postal applications. takes 5 working days but can get it done quicker too if youre in a rush

FCUM wrote: »
    hi mate i replied in the other thread. i shall let you know when i do mine. it seems like a fairly straightforward process. just a hassle having to bring it and then going back for it, no postal applications. takes 5 working days but can get it done quicker too if youre in a rush

Cheers. Please let me know how you get on. I'm waiting for my invitation letter. I did live and work there before.

Like you I also have a British passport and have been residing since being a kid.

Previously, it was possible to initially go on a L visa and then fly to China before you started working and obtain a Z visa which then following a medical allowed you to get a residence permit.

I am hoping to go on a Z visa applying through the Chinese embassy in Dublin. I am assuming you are doing likewise?
    Will you, following your invitation letter from your prospective employee be going for a medical before going to China?

What documentation are you supplying with your application?

How long does it normally take to get an invitation letter?
    I did my interview at the end of May and got my contract in June.
    ss

i'm gonna apply via the embassy yeah. just need a bill or something to show proof of residence.

i already had my medical form filled in by my gp. my school asked for me to get it done.

it tells you what you need on the website i think but its passport, application form with passport photo attached, invitation and work permit i think. with something showing proof of residence as well.

as for how long the invitation letters take, how long is a piece of string haha. mine seems to be taking a long time and it seems to be the experience of a lot of other people waiting for them. china can be slow for such things apparently.

what work are you doing out there? make sure you keep asking about your employer about your invitation letter. dont just assume everything is happening.

• Advertisement

i'm gonna apply via the embassy yeah. just need a bill or something to show proof of residence.

i already had my medical form filled in by my gp. my school asked for me to get it done.

it tells you what you need on the website i think but its passport, application form with passport photo attached, invitation and work permit i think. with something showing proof of residence as well.

as for how long the invitation letters take, how long is a piece of string haha. mine seems to be taking a long time and it seems to be the experience of a lot of other people waiting for them. china can be slow for such things apparently.

what work are you doing out there? make sure you keep asking about your employer about your invitation letter. dont just assume everything is happening.

As we used to say ,TIC (this is China)when things went in another direction then expected or planned. There is a flow that ya have to go with .

I think its a case of the unknown. Its the limbo waiting around. I have all my documentation ready. There is no such things as explaining the process because generally there is no answer.

Work? Teaching English. Nice one on the gp and the proof of residence . Are you supplying references with visa application?

As we used to say ,TIC (this is China)when things went in another direction then expected or planned. There is a flow that ya have to go with .

I think its a case of the unknown. Its the limbo waiting around. I have all my documentation ready. There is no such things as explaining the process because generally there is no answer.

Work? Teaching English. Nice one on the gp and the proof of residence . Are you supplying references with visa application?
    yeah have come to realise this ha

ah right where you off?

i'm not not, don't think they are required as far as i know. think i'm gonna ring the embassy once i know when i'm going to double check what i need. fingers crossed i'll be going soon

yeah have come to realise this ha

ah right where you off?

i'm not not, don't think they are required as far as i know. think i'm gonna ring the embassy once i know when i'm going to double check what i need. fingers crossed i'll be going soon

Most of what you need seems to be online.

http://ie.china-embassy.org/eng/Consular/AboutVisa/t112836.htm

I really can't imagine you'll have any problem; if even a fraction of the officiousness and love of bureaucracy that exists in China today has seeped into the embassy in Dublin, then you'll be fine. Over here in China, it's a cut and dried situation - if you have the documents you need, you get the visa. No shades of grey.

When are you coming over here, and to where, for what? (sorry for the questions)

I really can't imagine you'll have any problem; if even a fraction of the officiousness and love of bureaucracy that exists in China today has seeped into the embassy in Dublin, then you'll be fine. Over here in China, it's a cut and dried situation - if you have the documents you need, you get the visa. No shades of grey.

When are you coming over here, and to where, for what? (sorry for the questions)

Thanks for the link. However my issue is not with what is required as I have previously prepared my documents, medical, etc etc.

My issue is what is a reasonable amount of time to expect a letter of invitation ?

Previously, I went to China on the Land then got my Z visa processed in Hong Kong.

This time I'm applying through the Embassy in Dublin. They should issue a z visa. I go to China. I do a medical over there. If I don't have any communicable diseases I get my residential stamp.

Has anyone gone through this process through the Embassy in Dublin? Or have folk done the L flew to HK and got the Z?

PS Zhejiang, Supposed to be September and teaching to answer the questions.

pps Where you? What do you do? how long have you been there?

My issue is what is a reasonable amount of time to expect a letter of invitation ?

I'm pretty sure they are able to process that letter and chop (stamp) it in Dublin, so maybe 3 weeks maximum for the process, I'd say.
    Has anyone gone through this process through the Embassy in Dublin? Or have folk done the L flew to HK and got the Z?

As I think I mentioned before, I applied for the tourist visa when I Seoul in Korea, and got it after 3 days, at which point I went to China and converted it to a Z. I've also done the HK hop. Seems like nobody has done this process before, though, so I guess you're a guinea pig for us all. But realistically, can't take that long. You could always contact the embassy and ask them, I suppose.
    PS Zhejiang, Supposed to be September and teaching to answer the questions. Where you? What do you do? how long have you been there?

I'm in Shanghai, been here over 2 years, and work as a lecturer (economics and English) in a University. What kind of school you going to?

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure they are able to process that letter and chop (stamp) it in Dublin, so maybe 3 weeks maximum for the process, I'd say.

As I think I mentioned before, I applied for the tourist visa when I Seoul in Korea, and got it after 3 days, at which point I went to China and converted it to a Z. I've also done the HK hop. Seems like nobody has done this process before, though, so I guess you're a guinea pig for us all. But realistically, can't take that long. You could always contact the embassy and ask them, I suppose.

I'm in Shanghai, been here over 2 years, and work as a lecturer (economics and English) in a University. What kind of school you going to?

Cheers

Ok FCUM just to keep ya posted. Contacted the recruitment agent. They were waiting for documents from all the teachers that will starting this Autumn. They just got them on Friday. They will be sending them in on Monday. It usually takes a week and then all going well they will send an invitation letter by courier to my home address. However they do not risk getting on the wrong side of SAFEA so if they had any issues or felt that they would not be able to process my application they would have said so.

Thats all for now will keep ya posted as it happens

yep, I was just worried about what I need due to having a British passport. Dont think it will be a problem though.

Still waiting for my invitation letter though which is getting stressful. The school is being quite slow and unresponsive at present. Getting a bit anxious as I fly out on the 9th of August.

I will be teaching in a school in Suzhou btw (well hopefully anyway!)

I know I can go on a tourist visa if things go wrong but does anyone know if you have to show a return flight for this application. I've only booked a one way so this could mess me up.

Ok FCUM just to keep ya posted. Contacted the recruitment agent. They were waiting for documents from all the teachers that will starting this Autumn. They just got them on Friday. They will be sending them in on Monday. It usually takes a week and then all going well they will send an invitation letter by courier to my home address. However they do not risk getting on the wrong side of SAFEA so if they had any issues or felt that they would not be able to process my application they would have said so.

Thats all for now will keep ya posted as it happens

Cheers pal, I'll let you know when I do mine. Still waiting for my invitation letter to be sent, unsure as to what is the hold up. I'm thinking of doing the rush service for the visa once I get the letter. Stay over in Dublin (they cant do it in one day). Will save the hassle of going twice.

yep, I was just worried about what I need due to having a British passport. Dont think it will be a problem though.

Still waiting for my invitation letter though which is getting stressful. The school is being quite slow and unresponsive at present. Getting a bit anxious as I fly out on the 9th of August.

I will be teaching in a school in Suzhou btw (well hopefully anyway!)

I know I can go on a tourist visa if things go wrong but does anyone know if you have to show a return flight for this application. I've only booked a one way so this could mess me up.

When applying for my tourist visa I needed a return ticket and accommodation itinerary. Thats just my experience

When applying for my tourist visa I needed a return ticket and accommodation itinerary. Thats just my experience
    bollocks

thanks for the info

bollocks

thanks for the info

you calling me a bollocks lol.

Public or private school have you been to China before?

Cheers pal, I'll let you know when I do mine. Still waiting for my invitation letter to be sent, unsure as to what is the hold up. I'm thinking of doing the rush service for the visa once I get the letter. Stay over in Dublin (they cant do it in one day). Will save the hassle of going twice.

Any update on this? Or the Chinese embassy experiences?

you calling me a bollocks lol.

Public or private school have you been to China before?
    private, and no i haven't, quite looking forward to it now.

just found out my invitation letter etc. should be here by wednesday which is great news. i'm going to ring the embassy later (apparently the visa enquiry line is only open 3-5) and sort out what i need and how much of a bank draft i'll need. bear in mind they dont take cash as far as i know. actually i just checked and it seems they do. i'll double check later and let you know.

looking at the invitation letter they've put down the 15th as the date of first entry. i'm flying in on the 9th though, will this cause me problems. also i'm confused as to what type of visa to apply for. theyve put number of entries as 1. but do i get a 6 month one or what?

looking at the invitation letter they've put down the 15th as the date of first entry. i'm flying in on the 9th though, will this cause me problems. also i'm confused as to what type of visa to apply for. theyve put number of entries as 1. but do i get a 6 month one or what?[/QUOTE]

If you are going working in China. The z visa is the one that is required. Then you do a medical in China and passing that you apply for a resident permit. The school usually does this.

I don't know if the date thing will be an issue.

SS

• Advertisement

private, and no i haven't, quite looking forward to it now.

just found out my invitation letter etc. should be here by wednesday which is great news. i'm going to ring the embassy later (apparently the visa enquiry line is only open 3-5) and sort out what i need and how much of a bank draft i'll need. bear in mind they dont take cash as far as i know. actually i just checked and it seems they do. i'll double check later and let you know.

looking at the invitation letter they've put down the 15th as the date of first entry. i'm flying in on the 9th though, will this cause me problems. also i'm confused as to what type of visa to apply for. theyve put number of entries as 1. but do i get a 6 month one or what?

FCUM

Are you any the wiser as they say in the military . Whats your 'sitcon'?

ss:)

I'm going up tomorrow pal so will let you know. I'm crossing my fingers they'll tell me I can get it done same day but I'm not too optimistic. Will probably have to stop over. My girlfriend was able to get hers done same day in the embassy in DC but their visa section is open all day

I'm going up tomorrow pal so will let you know. I'm crossing my fingers they'll tell me I can get it done same day but I'm not too optimistic. Will probably have to stop over. My girlfriend was able to get hers done same day in the embassy in DC but their visa section is open all day

Good luck,

Apart from your invitation letter from your prospective employers/ SAFEA what documents are you submitting?

SS

Howd ya get on FCUM?

ok went in today and no hassle, all very easy. was there at 9, queued for 10 mins.

things i needed are

photocopy of work permit (she told me to keep the original for when im there so make sure you have a copy. if not theres a machine to do it there. invitation letter. the two application forms (remember to sign) and staple or glue picture. im trying to think of what else she took. passport obviously. she asked where i lived but didnt ask for proof but bring some just in case.

im doing rush service so picking it up tomorrow morning. can only play by bank draft from BOI or AIB. or postal order. she tells you how much it is and you pay when you collect.

think thats everything. double check on the website obviously. any qs just ask

ok went in today and no hassle, all very easy. was there at 9, queued for 10 mins.

things i needed are

photocopy of work permit (she told me to keep the original for when im there so make sure you have a copy. if not theres a machine to do it there. invitation letter. the two application forms (remember to sign) and staple or glue picture. im trying to think of what else she took. passport obviously. she asked where i lived but didnt ask for proof but bring some just in case.

im doing rush service so picking it up tomorrow morning. can only play by bank draft from BOI or AIB. or postal order. she tells you how much it is and you pay when you collect.

think thats everything. double check on the website obviously. any qs just ask

Great success, sounds like

Great success, sounds like
    yep! picked it up today and now im all ready to go. am a couple of hundered quid lighter due to having to go up and stay over.

ah well can start getting excited now :)

cheers for your help btw brokentime. and good luck with yours simonsez, i'm sure it will go smoothly! gimme a shout if you have more questions

cheers for your help btw brokentime. and good luck with yours simonsez, i'm sure it will go smoothly! gimme a shout if you have more questions

Congrats FCUM and thanks for getting back to me. Good luck in China . Suzhou?
    Well I'm just waiting for letter of invitation. Thanks for info have all my documents lined up. Hunnan food rocks , hope there is good one where you live!!

• Advertisement

no worries mate. and yep Suzhou if you're ever in that direction give me a shout?

are you going to Hunan province then? that food sounds right up my street!

Advertisement