Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccinations

• 21-06-2015 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hiya..
    Having been all over the world bar China, I've often been told by doctors to get every vaccination and malaria tablets...only to arrive in country and fellow backpackers have not been advised to get them by doctors in their country(EU)..
    I am going on a tour soon for 3 weeks, will be in city and countryside..Do I need any, or which should I get? I sometimes find TMB to be overly cautious..
    Really can't wait to go..dreading the heat though..flying into Beijing and out of HK..Is there usually much rain in July?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Hi Chickus. I would get vaccinations to stay on the safe side. If you have had these vaccinations within the last three years or so I believe they'd be still effective. There's a particularly nasty breed of mosquitoes this year. There are warning signs about malaria that I've seen in airports and train stations in China.

July tends to bring the heaviest rainfall in Jiangsu and I imagine you'll encounter some downpours further south also. It hasn't been as hot this year but it is starting to come to the boil now. What other places are you visiting along the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

Thanks a million..

Am doing a gadventures tour for 3 weeks, taking in Beijing, Xi'an, Shaolin, Guilin, Longshen, Yangshaou and HK. We are taking a few extra days in HK.

We are trying to figure out what to do in Hong Kong..What is worth doing..don't want to waste our time..

I really can't wait to go..

Advertisement