Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nourkrin

• 24-09-2006 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience with this supplement....have a thining patch at back of head....hairdresser recommended it.... suffered with anxiety in the past so stress rather than hereidary could be a cause. Either way just wondering whether anyone whether male or female has tried it. Thanks, Alan 28

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

go for it it really works. About 2-3 years ago my hair became so thin due to stress and I had to have it cut to my shoulders. I started taking nourkin tablets extra strength for a year and then maintain. I now have long thick hair down to my bra strap. Best of luck with it I hope it works for you too!. (if you are a pigsback member and buy the tablets via the links on their site you will also get yourself lots of points).

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

go for it it really works. About 2-3 years ago my hair became so thin due to stress and I had to have it cut to my shoulders. I started taking nourkin tablets extra strength for a year and then maintain. I now have long thick hair down to my bra strap. Best of luck with it I hope it works for you too!. (if you are a pigsback member and buy the tablets via the links on their site you will also get yourself lots of points).

Weird. I was just looking at an ad for this stuff in a magazine. Siogfinsceal, can you give me advice? I'm 19 female and earlier this year, when I was 18, my luscious, crazily thick hair started to fall out in large amounts. It was the scariest thing ever! Bascically assuming it was down to stress, was pretty angsty at the time due to personal stuff etc. Anyway it's stopped now but not back to it's original glorious state, so I'm kind of interested in this stuff as obviously there are going to be other stressful times ahead and I don't want to lose my hair again. Do you still take Nourkin on a daily basis even though your hair is healthy now? The fact that it's a natural supplement appeals to me. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sillyaspie

You sure do love her hair!

Hi papillon I started using the extra strength one for about 6-12 months. I still take the maintain ones now and plan to continue to do so. My reasons are as you said I am always pretty stressed and very busy so I would be worried if I stopped taking them that the problem may recurr. Also I have a horse and riding horses a couple of times a week means wearing a hard hat which can leave your hair in a right state! I also go to my hairdresser every 8 weeks and get a leave in treatment called Loreal Ineral Optimal which I have found to be fantastic. I recently went into my hairdresser and asked if I needed a trim and despite spending a week in cyprus in the sun she said I had no split ends at all so this stuff definately works!! Dont get me wrong I dont have amazing hair or anything but its soooo much better than it was 2 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

How often do you have to take the maintain ones?

n How much was it for a pack?

[Im a guy, but its avail for guys 2]

• Advertisement

I started on the extra strength they were about 60 euro a month and took them for 6-12 months. The maintain ones cost forty euros and thats 60 tablets 1-2 months supply I take one a day now. I think if you buy online at the vhi or boots shop they may cost less

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Sillyaspie wrote:
    You sure do love her hair!

It's part of my identity! How would you feel losing yours in your teens??!!
    Hi papillon I started using the extra strength one for about 6-12 months. I still take the maintain ones now and plan to continue to do so. My reasons are as you said I am always pretty stressed and very busy so I would be worried if I stopped taking them that the problem may recurr. Also I have a horse and riding horses a couple of times a week means wearing a hard hat which can leave your hair in a right state! I also go to my hairdresser every 8 weeks and get a leave in treatment called Loreal Ineral Optimal which I have found to be fantastic. I recently went into my hairdresser and asked if I needed a trim and despite spending a week in cyprus in the sun she said I had no split ends at all so this stuff definately works!! Dont get me wrong I dont have amazing hair or anything but its soooo much better than it was 2 years ago.

Thanks for all the info. Sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Now taking Nourkrin for 6 weeks and I'm pretty certain that the hair loss has stopped....no evidence of regrowth....but one step at a time....for some time my hair had been blocking the shower...not now....hopefully in time regrowth may occur...it is after all a 6-12 month course...I'm hopeful, Alan

Hi Alan, thats brilliant hope it works out for you. I think the first thing it does is reduce the hair loss and then it gets your hair into the growth cycle where new hair will grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Hi everyone,

Where is the cheapest place to get this? I really need to try something my hair is slowly thinning out, I've tried taking Vitamin D but it hasn't really helped.

Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Papillon87 wrote: »
    Weird. I was just looking at an ad for this stuff in a magazine. Siogfinsceal, can you give me advice? I'm 19 female and earlier this year, when I was 18, my luscious, crazily thick hair started to fall out in large amounts. It was the scariest thing ever! Bascically assuming it was down to stress, was pretty angsty at the time due to personal stuff etc. Anyway it's stopped now but not back to it's original glorious state, so I'm kind of interested in this stuff as obviously there are going to be other stressful times ahead and I don't want to lose my hair again. Do you still take Nourkin on a daily basis even though your hair is healthy now? The fact that it's a natural supplement appeals to me. Thanks

If your hair falls out in large amounts you should see your doctor. It can be caused by having a low thyroid which also can cause you to feel stressed and depressed.

www.chemistdirect.co.uk is an online uk chemist shop.They have some of these products discounted here : http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/search_results.php?q=nourkrin .Best to check what the price this is in your local shop but usually considering the high sterling conversion rate we "enjoy" in Ireland buying in sterling is usually a better bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

yeh defo worlks was on it for a while cause my ari was lik falling out

very good!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

simon559 wrote: »
    Still using it amazing product by far superior product than that crap VIVISCAL that was on the late late show!

Is Viviscal and Nourkrin not the same thing? If not whats the difference?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

They are the same product: rebranded. Viviscal is the new one.

Something to point out here. It's very costly.

I used it for about a year. I did see an improvement in my hair (and nails) for the first half of the year but then it did no more and once you stop taking it, as you would expect, the small amount of extra thickness went away.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 crohnsgirl

Hi Everyone,
    I was wondering would this supplement work for me.. i dont really have the same problems as everyone.. i was ill for about two years and i was diagnosed with crohn's disease and due to this a have a very low blood count.. iv noticed that my hair wont actually grow! after i got out of hospital i got my hair cut really short for a change after having long blonde hair and now im trying to let it grow and my hair wont actually grow in length.. i have no problem with hair loss or thiskness its very thick.. so i was wondering will this supplement actually help my hair grow in length?? and does it affect hair growth anywhere else??:D

Thanks karen x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 mam1

this is a really great product you take the tabs once a day and use the shampoo and conditioner(if necessary) and you see excellent results within about 2 months only thing is tabs are about 45-50 per month pack my mum used these after ill health and her hair looks fab like a 25 year olds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Funny how all these great recommendations are coming from people with only a couple of posts to their name........ hmmm very suspicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 mam1

not suspicious just new jeez just trying to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

Funny how all these great recommendations are coming from people with only a couple of posts to their name........ hmmm very suspicious

yeh, noticed dat too sweety, hair today/ gone tomorrow ?????????
    sorry, just had to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mathewr788

I have been using viviscal from 3 months , it shows promising result.
    In Ireland I mostly shop from medipharm.ie , better prices !

• Advertisement
Advertisement