Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Davidius wrote: »
    A real man uses his fists. Weapons are for weaklings and for when nobody's watching.

well seems time and space didn't want me to be a real man so i only got one fist with enough power to crack a skull. but its never been used that way so i came to Ireland where they were believed to be the 8th most peaceful country in the world as of 2012:pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    All the romance in the air in here sickens me. :(

Take it to the lovey dovey thread! :pac:

Tis gone now. tis gonna be war and manlyism things from this on out i foresee

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jhcx wrote: »
    Tis gone now. tis gonna be war and manlyism things from this on out i foresee

Huzzah!

Let us gather around the bonfire, roast yon buffalo on the spit, and rejoice for the banishment of such effeminate subjects as "love" and "romance"!

Let us drink only the finest mead and enjoy only the most buxom of wenches!

Huzzah!

Let us gather around the bonfire, roast yon buffalo on the spit, and rejoice for the banishment of such effeminate subjects as "love" and "romance"!

Let us drink only the finest mead and enjoy only the most buxom of wenches!

^ what he said :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Missed a call earlier from a number I didn't know. So I googled it and apparently it's the number of Kilgallens Bar in Sligo. I have never been to Sligo. I have no credit to call the person back. WHAT DO THEY WANT FROM ME!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Have my second polocrosse lesson tonight and altho last week was grand and stuff, I have an eerie feeling about tonight..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

On the one hand, I walked into a shed today and banged my head, so now I have an awful headache. On the other hand, somebody sent me a totally awesome game today :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ahahaha. Why haven't I seen more of Rowan Atkinson's stand up?

Ahahaha. Why haven't I seen more of Rowan Atkinson's stand up?

Totally reminds me of how my deputy principle would have acted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I'm so bored I'm stalking random Mexicans on Facebook...I really wish I was joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm so bored I learned how to make paper airplanes today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm so bored in work. The last order was an hour ago and I've had everything cleaned since 10.45, I have to wait until half 11 before I can go. Someone entertain me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Some of my Italian friends are in London, seeing them sharing pictures on fb of Tesco lunch deals like it's the most exotic thing ever is just odd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

If anyone wants to ask me kwestchuns it's my last day in the Playpen. *Tear*

Just sayin' is all... :P

Why cant it just be as easy to jump on a plane. buy/rent a house and get a job in another country. Why all these visa's that after 6 months a year they are useless:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Deactivated my facebook. Lets see how long this lasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

5 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

flyswatter wrote: »
    5 days?

Sounds about right! I'm going to try and last until I finish my dissertation but I probably won't make it that long.

Best of luck they say if you can do a week of anyone thing, in this case 7 days away from bookface. it gets easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Best of luck they say if you can do a week of anyone thing, in this case 7 days away from bookface. it gets easier

Nah, doesn't really work. Next time I'm just deleting it for good.

Then I can be all cool and alternative again. :cool:

• Advertisement

flyswatter wrote: »
    Nah, doesn't really work. Next time I'm just deleting it for good.

Then I can be all cool and alternative again. :cool:

I'd be glad to insert a password. take it down, re enter it and then burn the piece of paper so that the account will be lost for ever and ever and ever and ever.

If only it was that simple. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

I wanted something sweet but lack of money and anything in the house has resulted in a mashed banana, oil,flour,sugar,ginger and water in a cup and in the microwave for three minutes. So far it looks like vomit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Kinda relevant: Watched The Social Network last night!

I was expecting it to be really dull and that I'd come out of it just hating Facebook, but it's pretty good.

And I now officially think Facebook is okay, for all its criticisms. Data protection and stuff, yeah... meh.. People can always not use it/not put stuff there. I'm cool with it, and it has my permission to continue existing for the meantime.

EDIT: This is 'kinda relevant' to the Facebook talk, not to Hairycopper's recession-beating vomit-like snack.

I wanted something sweet but lack of money and anything in the house has resulted in a mashed banana, oil,flour,sugar,ginger and water in a cup and in the microwave for three minutes. So far it looks like vomit.

I don't even...

Kinda relevant: Watched The Social Network last night!

I was expecting it to be really dull and that I'd come out of it just hating Facebook, but it's pretty good.

And I now officially think Facebook is okay, for all its criticisms. Data protection and stuff, yeah... meh.. People can always not use it/not put stuff there. I'm cool with it, and it has my permission to continue existing for the meantime.

EDIT: This is 'kinda relevant' to the Facebook talk, not to Hairycopper's recession-beating vomit-like snack.

I must agree though it is quiet a good movie watched it a couple of times and nearly think its better everytime. i can understand the idea of it just i dont like its dominance over the world :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

My mother, about 30 pages into the novel Dead Until Dark, which True Blood is based on:

*disgusted look*

"Vampires aren't real, I can't read about vampires."

*throws book down*

Best book review I've seen in a long time.

I don't even...

It was actually edible! and surprisingly nice-ish, still looked like vomit though.

It was actually edible! and surprisingly nice-ish, still looked like vomit though.

Does one dare click that link :P

Add-on ..... wonderful looking -_- :P

Does one dare click that link :P

Add-on ..... wonderful looking -_- :P

..I should be worried that i hope to do culinary arts shouldn't i?

• Advertisement

..I should be worried that i hope to do culinary arts shouldn't i?

need a bit of work on presentation :P

Advertisement