Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Showboat Pub still up for sale

• 19-01-2015 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

I was passing by the other day and I noticed that The Showboat is still up for sale. Ive been waiting anxiously for it to re-open as I loved going in there to play snooker but now 6 months have passed and still no sign of anything happening or anyone buying it. I was wondering has anyone heard anything since re the pub and if theres any movement on the sale front or possible re-opening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

i heard pre Christmas it was sold - heard the guys name but cant remember --- the legals in a sale like this cant take up to 6 months - and cannot trade until the licence is renewed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Sale on hold by the bank because of impending legal action, is what I heard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I heard that it never made its reserve price at auction?

They were looking for €600k but it went as far as €350k.

I'm open to correction on those figures, it's been a while since I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I heard that it never made its reserve price at auction?

They were looking for €600k but it went as far as €350k.

I'm open to correction on those figures, it's been a while since I was told.

I heard similiar. It's such a shame to see it closed even just for the bit of snooker! Likewise, Mansion House.

I heard similiar. It's such a shame to see it closed even just for the bit of snooker! Likewise, Mansion House.

Don't forget my local the Halfway house, I'm after losing over a stone since it closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Anyone heard any news on the place getting sold? Seems to be dragging on forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Anyone heard any news on the place getting sold? Seems to be dragging on forever

Who bought the place?

debok wrote: »
    Who bought the place?

You misunderstood me. I was asking has the place been bought yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

pmy.murphy wrote: »

I heard some American chap(has connections in waterford) wanted it but he was too late, it was sold a week later. shame to have all these places closed down, even Masons in the middle of town that was sold(i think) but nothing happening?

I heard some American chap(has connections in waterford) wanted it but he was too late, it was sold a week later. shame to have all these places closed down, even Masons in the middle of town that was sold(i think) but nothing happening?

Exactly places being sold and their new owners plans for them can often be completely different. Do you know how long ago it was sold?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

See it was burned out this morning,looks Messy...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Hoffmans wrote: »

messy????? looks suspi_______

cant sell it
    and happens to burn down .... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Don't forget my local the Halfway house, I'm after losing over a stone since it closed.

Apparently that's from your head. Another 4 stone to go, aye?

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Apparently that's from your head. Another 4 stone to go, aye?

An attempt at humour or insult ? Fail either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

much damage?

Saw the fire tape around the doors. Whoevers responsible is an absolute disgrace

I cant see it reopening now if theres a nice bit of damage done, hopefully its fixable. Said on Twitter that there was a bit of damage done to the front bar and back bar. Hope whoevers responsible is prosecuted

Says here there was significant damage done, what a shame. I highly doubt the place will be reopening now.....http://www.wlrfm.com/news-single.php?cat=1&id=33580

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Pity, it was in petty good nick when it closed.

any idea of a cause yet? was it electrical or arsen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    any idea of a cause yet? was it electrical or arsen?

Heard it was arsen ,having a right weekend of it lifted the fa cup too.....

Heard it was arsen ,having a right weekend of it lifted the fa cup too.....

narf

• Advertisement
Advertisement