Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***2012/2013 Online Grant Application Opens Monday 12th June***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

Same with me. I applied as soon as it opened and haven't heard a thing. Wonder is it that I won't get anything or that they don't need much documentary evidence, they know my income, I'm a public sector worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,764 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

maude6868 wrote: »
    Same with me. I applied as soon as it opened and haven't heard a thing. Wonder is it that I won't get anything or that they don't need much documentary evidence, they know my income, I'm a public sector worker.

Or maybe they are taking time to get through them because it's the first time it's been centralised!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Or maybe they are taking time to get through them because it's the first time it's been centralised!

Id imagine the waiting time is probably bigger than ever with more people going back to college and with one awarding body making the decisions.

That said surely there could be a IT mechanisms in place to figure out who is entitled and to what which could rapidly speed up things this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Ugggggh, I still haven't got mine done. I know the closing date isn't until the end of August but I want to get it in asap. My Mum's taking aaaaaages to get her accounts done from the accountant. Grrrrr, wish it was as easy as just getting a P60. Times like this I wish she wasn't self employed. It's like she's just not giving it the attention it needs :(

And the worst part is that because it's an online application, I can't move on to the next section without her earnings for 2011....so I'm only half way through. I don't even know what else is beyond this section that I might need from my parents! >:(

Ugggggh, I still haven't got mine done. I know the closing date isn't until the end of August but I want to get it in asap. My Mum's taking aaaaaages to get her accounts done from the accountant. Grrrrr, wish it was as easy as just getting a P60. Times like this I wish she wasn't self employed. It's like she's just not giving it the attention it needs :(

And the worst part is that because it's an online application, I can't move on to the next section without her earnings for 2011....so I'm only half way through. I don't even know what else is beyond this section that I might need from my parents! >:(

See if you can download your form from the site as it is and have a look at your progress and what information you have submitted and the blank areas that need to be filled in.

At least you might know then what needs to be submitted and what is applicable to your circumstances.

Id ring them and tell them the situation and that you have to wait on the accounts to be completed anyhow and see if you could work out some sort of solution until a time that you can submit the accounts. Even if you only had the figures for now at least you might be able to submit the evidence of the figures at a later date when they request it.

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

some of the documentation needed will be proof of residence from 1st oct 2011 and proof one month before you receive the letter requesting it.
    ie utility bills

copy of birthcert

social welfare statement-download from www.cdvec.ie

statement of HSE payments for 2011 if receiving any

you will receive a letter outlining exactly what you need to hand in,its very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hopefully I get mine soon, still waiting just over a month now!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Sent my application in on the 13th of June and got the letters today to forward the required documents

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

See if you can download your form from the site as it is and have a look at your progress and what information you have submitted and the blank areas that need to be filled in.

At least you might know then what needs to be submitted and what is applicable to your circumstances.

Id ring them and tell them the situation and that you have to wait on the accounts to be completed anyhow and see if you could work out some sort of solution until a time that you can submit the accounts. Even if you only had the figures for now at least you might be able to submit the evidence of the figures at a later date when they request it.

Best of luck smile.gif

B1977 wrote: »
    some of the documentation needed will be proof of residence from 1st oct 2011 and proof one month before you receive the letter requesting it.
    ie utility bills

copy of birthcert

social welfare statement-download from www.cdvec.ie

statement of HSE payments for 2011 if receiving any

you will receive a letter outlining exactly what you need to hand in,its very helpful

Grand, thanks for the advice guys! :)

Really hoping that my parents' combined income is less than €31,500 so I can qualify for the €2,000 at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ziomek232323

Hi guys, Yesterday i received a letter from susi and now i have to send them documents.

"A letter from the financial institution or agency that provides the retirement product outlining the contributions made directly by you in 2011 or for public service pension levy,"

and also " Your Pension-Related Deduction End of Year Certificate for 2011"

Where do i get these documents Help !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bubblegum18

Hey, Got word 4m SUSI just wondering does any one know where you can get Junior Cert results 4m 2008? Is there an archive on the internet or something. Got in contact with my school-no reply.I need it to prove I was a citizen here for 3 of the last 5 years. Have copy of leaving cert alrite

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

You can order a copy online @ https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=co

or contact the Department of Education by phone

Cheers Battleflag thanks a mill

Hi guys, Yesterday i received a letter from susi and now i have to send them documents.

"A letter from the financial institution or agency that provides the retirement product outlining the contributions made directly by you in 2011 or for public service pension levy,"

and also " Your Pension-Related Deduction End of Year Certificate for 2011"

Where do i get these documents Help !!

Ok i'm not 100% sure and i'm open to correction on this but for the first one i think if you have a pension with a bank or financial institution (e.g Irish life) where you are paying a monthly sum into then you must get a statement from them outlining your contributions for 2011 OR If you are a public servant then you will need to get a statement of the levy paid on your public service pension for 2011 which you can ask your employer for. More info here

The second one you need to ask your employer for. it is a pr60 form which they fill out and is like this one

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Hi guys, I was wondering what documents I can use as proof of residence in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years? All I have is a receipt of the Leaving Cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Sparkie93

Does anyone know when the grant payments start? Is it always October or can you get it in September ?

leemurta wrote: »
    Hi guys, I was wondering what documents I can use as proof of residence in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years? All I have is a receipt of the Leaving Cert?

Page 42 onwards lists everything you will need

http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1339418623/Student_Grant_Scheme_2012.pdf

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Steodonn wrote: »
    jewels652 wrote: »
    hi, I am trying to register for the susi grant but i am having trouble I think is the web page I have tried registering from a different computer but is just not working..
    is anybody else having trouble registering?
    and if anybody can help me or give some advice in how to register..
    thanks in advance...

Same here tried to apply last week and it wont work either. I was hoping it would just work out itself but I'm going to call them tomorrow if I cant get it to work

What browser are ye using? Ideally use Internet Explorer, i know its a pain, but it works.

Sparkie93 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the grant payments start? Is it always October or can you get it in September ?
    I just know from last year you have to get a letter from the college stating that you are registered with them, Yo get it at the end of September early October. I know its a pain they had me driven crazy last year. I said I had the fee paid but the college weren't very helpful.
    Anyway I got the letter sent it into the VEC and got the grant on the 15th of October it was the 15th every month after that.
    But it could be faster with SUSI im not sure

I got back my original documents today...with someone else's birth certificate enclosed. i kid you not. :rolleyes:

Needless to say i posted it back immediately. There is just no excuse for mistakes like this.

Perhaps my bank statement is in the wrong hands, maybe all the way up in Cavan or Donegal. Disgraceful incompetence!! :mad:

• Advertisement

That doesn't suprise me, When the ap. first came out I phoned in to see where I apply to the girl I was speaking to keep saying she didnt know I asked her why was she at a help desk if she didnt know anything she said everyone else was out and she was manning the desk she didnt know anything about it-The day the application process started!!!
    I dont know why the gov changed the grant process to Dublin the local VEC was working out ok they were a lot more professional!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

I got back my original documents today...with someone else's birth certificate enclosed. i kid you not. :rolleyes:

Needless to say i posted it back immediately. There is just no excuse for mistakes like this.

Perhaps my bank statement is in the wrong hands, maybe all the way up in Cavan or Donegal. Disgraceful incompetence!! :mad:

Oh my god that is ridiculous, I'd make a point of complaining about that f I were you. That's disgraceful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Hey, Got word 4m SUSI just wondering does any one know where you can get Junior Cert results 4m 2008? Is there an archive on the internet or something. Got in contact with my school-no reply.I need it to prove I was a citizen here for 3 of the last 5 years. Have copy of leaving cert alrite

Why would they want junior cert results ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Is there anybody else in the same boat as me and not heard anything at all back from SUSI ?

Is there anybody else in the same boat as me and not heard anything at all back from SUSI ?

Yes - loads of people

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭INFODAD

hello can anyone tell me if the registration has to be paid up front by me if i get the grant but dont get it on time. or will the college allow me reg with a letter from susi and wait till the money is issued? any help would be great thanks

INFODAD wrote: »
    hello can anyone tell me if the registration has to be paid up front by me if i get the grant but dont get it on time. or will the college allow me reg with a letter from susi and wait till the money is issued? any help would be great thanks

A letter from SUSI should be ok but each college does things differently so it depends on the fees office of your college

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭INFODAD

also if i get the full grant does that cover all the cost of the course for the year bar books and other minor costs or will i have to pay thousands more on top of the grant. ive applied to trinity and ucd.

INFODAD wrote: »
    also if i get the full grant does that cover all the cost of the course for the year bar books and other minor costs or will i have to pay thousands more on top of the grant. ive applied to trinity and ucd.

Read this. It explains everything.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/maintenance_grant_schemes_for_students_on_third_level_courses.html

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Zipppy wrote: »
    Why would they want junior cert results ?

Dunno better 2 be safe then sorry I suppose but I think if you have the leaving cert your covered, But it was stated on the form I got out from SUSI

Advertisement