Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Go Blocked For Jailbroken Phones

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Sky sports TV works fine so far on a jail broken iPad without the need for xCon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

whiterebel wrote: »
    Sky sports TV works fine so far on a jail broken iPad without the need for xCon.
    With the skygo app, or the older one?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

dodzy wrote: »
    With the skygo app, or the older one?

The standalone Sky Sports TV app

whiterebel wrote: »
    The standalone Sky Sports TV app

Yeah, though that was was you had. Skygo however will allow users extra features, including movies, sky atlantic etc; This app will not function without the workaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

AnyOne else having problems with repo, refresh with some yellow, bad URL errors and on v23 showing up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Got the repo fine but can't download xcon. v25 is comin up but when I try to install I'm getting error saying size mismatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Got the repo fine but can't download xcon. v25 is comin up but when I try to install I'm getting error saying size mismatch.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Same here

try uninstalling the repo,reboot then installing the repo again!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Delighted that xcon fixed this. The repo thing had me stumped for a while but glad to be back in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 youghalpest

can someone talk me through that last bit! im confussed! just a newbie, sorry!

• Advertisement

try uninstalling the repo,reboot then installing the repo again!

this bit i mean!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭guil

go to cydia then manage then sources, tap edit and then the - beside the repo you want to uninstall and delete should pop up, you might be able to just swipe left on the repo aswell to delete it

press and hold the sleep and home button together until the apple appears and it will restart, add the repo again

cheers bud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just deleted that repo and searched for it and installed it . Must be on modmyis repo .

Happy days

?..Must be on modmyis repo

Yep, it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Would somebody be good enough to let me know why I must install on my jailbroken ipad2 to be able to watch SkyGo on it again please?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Brian017

Would somebody be good enough to let me know why I must install on my jailbroken ipad2 to be able to watch SkyGo on it again please?

Thanks.

The official spiel from sky is "contractual obligations".

Brian017 wrote: »
    The official spiel from sky is "contractual obligations".

I know that buddy but I was hoping that somebody could let me know if there was a work around app that would let me still watch SkyGo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Brian017

I know that buddy but I was hoping that somebody could let me know if there was a work around app that would let me still watch SkyGo.

Oh sorry you meant what and not why. Sorry about that. Yes there is a workaround. Just download version 25 of xCon from Cydia and you're good to go

Brian017 wrote: »
    Oh sorry you meant what and not why. Sorry about that. Yes there is a workaround. Just download version 25 of xCon from Cydia and you're good to go

Just tried that but it didn't work. :confused:

Went into cydia, found Xcon 25, tried installing it but no icon comes up on my homepage, I get the words "size mismatch" in red appearing when I try installing before it tells me that installation is complete, but as I said there's no icon on homepage.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    go to cydia then manage then sources, tap edit and then the - beside the repo you want to uninstall and delete should pop up, you might be able to just swipe left on the repo aswell to delete it

press and hold the sleep and home button together until the apple appears and it will restart, add the repo again

Brilliant!

Worked a treat!!!

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Since I updated xcon alias I'm having problems getting apps to open(Facebook, iclarified, speedtest) anyone else having anything similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Works on iPad 2 jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1 with above repo. Version as of today is 36-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ddonn

Hi everyone,

SkyGo have just released a new update. The previous update stopped skygo working on jailbroken devices. I have overcome this problem and do not want to go through that again.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the new update will mess it all up again.

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i have moved this thread to apple media devices forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

And merged with the existing Sky Go thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

My device was previously jailbroken I then updated to the new ios (so not jailbroken) and now with the new skygo updates it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ddonn

i think i'll not bother with new sky go update. its working fine as it is so best not to take any chances

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I updated to Version 2.1.3 (97380) the other day. It works fine on JB iPhone. I do have xCon Alias installed as well.

• Advertisement

Opened Cydia today and it offered me an xCon update so I said I'd chance a Sky Go update too. Still works fine.

Advertisement